Visionworks Reception, Third Key Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Reception, Third Key Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Kingsport, TN) in January 2008.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and was contacted by the Territory Director for the area for an interview. I was sent to interview with a local Store Manager, not the TD. I was asked all of the general questions about my education and work experience. I wasn't asked any specific questions about things I would do in certain situations or how I would react to certain scenarios. I was simply asked about my current job and duties, my education, and what I expected my hourly pay to be. It was also explained to me what the different positions in the store were such as Receptionist, Eye wear Specialist, Optical Assistant, Contact Lens Coordinator, 3rd Key, Retail Manager, & Store Manager. I was also told about positions in the lab that were open such as Lab Tech & Lab Manager. I quickly realized that the people working for ECCA are not licensed and they have no education as far as the optical industry goes (except for the Doctor). It is more of a retail establishment than a medical office. When commission was mentioned to me I realized that only Eyewear Specialists make commission, which can result in over $10,000 extra $$$ per year, although I wasn't told that at the time. If you are interviewing with ECCA and you want to make the big bucks, make sure you get hired on as an Eyewear Specialist or Third Key/Retail Manager with your main job description being TO SELL GLASSES. After the Store Manager interviewed me, he sent me to interview with the TD, I believe because I had asked for more money than the position normally carried. The interview process was the same with the TD. It was more of an instruction session about how the company worked than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this company and why do you want to work for ECCA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for and received $10/hour as a Receptionist because I was currently working as a Store Manager in a different retail industry. Apparently that was the going rate they offered to Third Keys at the time and I still got that because I asked for it. I would say at this time, ask for $9 to $10/hour and see what happens if you have no management experience; if you do, ask for more. Commissions play a huge role in your salary so try to negotiate an Eye wear Specialist position, which can gain you over $10,000/year in commissions, although they may not tell you that in the interview, trust me, I made that much in commission last year on top of my hourly and it is very possible.