Visionworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.3

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Clackamas, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Clackamas, OR).

Interview

I went to a 'job fair' at one of the stores, and filled out an application. Then I was given a timed math test. I interviewed with a total of 4 people over 2 days. Two were general managers from stores in the area, followed by an interview with the territory director, and on the second day I was called in to interview with the general manager of the store I wished to work at. Then came the background check/drug test.

Interview Questions

• I was handed merchandise off a shelf and told "This is a lens cleaning kit. Sell it to me."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not given a chance to negotiate my pay, etc. I was told $9/hr or nothing.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical 2 or 3 meetings with store and district manager. A lot based on values, sales and customer service and scenarios. Role plays. Mutilingual is a plus. Professionalism very important from the get go.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy process, ask generic questions and then dig in further with asking for specific examples. Once the interview with one on one was complete and they liked you, they will call in for another interview with another general manager.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very detailed and took about an hour. They are not really organized though, as I applied online and was asked to come in for an interview. Then they wanted me to fill out an application on top of submitting a resume and made me wait for about 30 minutes due to their non organization. They gave a lot of timed tests even though the online application process has about a half hour test. I felt that most of the interview process was a waste of time for everyone. Everyone i met was friendly.

Interview Questions

• what do you want most in a workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visionworks (Mankato, MN).

Interview

Initial interview with territory director. Then it was up to me to keep calling to confirm I was a candidate. Eventually I was contacted after 2 months to start in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer was unhappy and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The wage was more than I currently made, so I accepted. The person who speaks first in wage negotiations loses.... Always ask for top dollar. The worst they can say is no.

Optical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

You will meet with the general manager of the store. He/She'll conduct the interview and if they consider you to be a good fit for the company they will start the hiring process. Some stores the manager may request second meeting with the territory director, highly unusual event.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, the interviewer asks questions to assess integrity, temperament, life goals, core values, interests. They are looking for open personality, bright individuals with pleasure for life and passion working in a job largely dependable upon hospitality skills.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visionworks (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview is like many others . You will interview with the GM . Then another GM . Then you will get a call back if you got the job. They ask questions about sales and optical . Different senerios.

Interview Questions

• If someone comes in late to work and leaves early how would you handle it ?   Answer Question

Retail Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Usually a two part interview. Management is very friendly. Total time of interview is probably around 45 minutes. Be prepared to talk about sales and customer service. Dress nice. Cover tattoos.

Optometric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the end of march. In April , I got called for an interview, the first intwerview went well and was offered a second interview. The second interview went well and was told I be called early in the week to come. The GM called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you and name a time when you provided great customer service?   Answer Question

Store General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visionworks (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

One phone one in person. The person that did interview was rude. He was on his phone and laptop all the time. He acted like he was a king and had all the power. I heard him talking to most likely his wife several times. Not too professional