Visionworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.3

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Eyewear Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

My interview process with the company was unique as the manager who hired me was also the manager I worked for at a different company who had just moved to Visionworks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly pay up as I came in with 2+ years experience.

Interview

Fill out application, await interview, take drug test, begin working and training.

Eyewear Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visionworks in March 2013.

Interview

Had one interview with the General Manager in an exam room at the store 1 week after submitting application. Interview was very laid-back. Standard interview questions. Asked about optical experience and education. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Entry-level

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Visionworks (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Awkward environment. It seemed like they had no clue I was rescheduled for an interview. Rolling Oaks Mall. Everyone just had the wrong attitude. Very detached employees, almost like no one liked each other.. scary!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with sales goals..   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

I submitted my resume to one of their postings online. Within a few days they called me for an interview. I met with the store manager and was in their with him and a trainee, for about an hour and half. They followed an interview form basically asking 1 question from each of the blocked areas, taking notes to pass to the next person for 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time to me in your busineess time that you made a poor decision and wished you could go back and change it.   1 Answer
    • Hands you an eyeglass cleaning cloth and asks you to sell it to him.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Based on me not having any eyewear experience but being able to break in at a manager level, there was not alot of negotiation.

Optometric Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Dropped off my resume, was interviewed within a week

Interview Questions

• How would you sell these glasses to me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Lab Supervisor/General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Katy, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line they called and interviewed me the next week. The lady interviewing me didn't know my name or my experience. She didn't know the positions I applied for! I informed her of the positions I applied for and went over my resume. She seemed more interested in the guy with a do rag on his head than interviewing me. This was VERY unprofessional and she was 20 minutes late to the interview. She said they would let me know something in a week and needless to say I haven't heard anything from them and it's been almost three weeks. Don't waste your time with this company! Very sad situation!!!

Interview Questions

• She didn't have any questions for me I asked all the questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Optician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Visionworks.

Interview

One hour talk, already knew the regional manager. So it was more of just a catch up talk.talked Bout benefits and pay . Yep easy easy. I knew ASAP that I had the job

Ews Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visionworks (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

You most likely won't get an interview unless you are referred by someone the GM actually likes. You shouldn't expect an interview otherwise. All you have to do is make sure you don't mess things up.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of meeting goals? Willing to work retail hours? The whole interview is a formality to be honest. Just don't say anything stupid.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visionworks (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was not very hard at all and they did not ask for much information. The questions were very basic and most were common sense questions. The interview process was sort of too easy I think.