Visiting Angels Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visiting Angels Caregiver Interview Questions

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Midwest City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Midwest City, OK).

Interview

Interview was pretty short and sweet. I honestly don't think they even checked my references because theh wouldn't have had time. Pretty basic questions but again I was hiered on my own word not by validated information.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Visiting Angels

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Angels in March 2016.

Interview

Nice meet and greet and orientation about the company. Nh e owners. Nice environment. Helpful people, listen to your needs, explained things, did paperwork, everything was easy to understand

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy - 2 hour orientation that goes over the rules and procedures. One on one with the HR leader who is very personable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a caregiver   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

You are called in for an interview, and you fill out another application portion. A staff interview you, and ask you about personal experience and why you want to be a caregiver.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Stockton, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I responded to a craigslist advertisement and was called within the week. I had one interview with the hiring manager. It was a very short and simple interview. I was offered the position on the spot dependent on the result of the drug test I completed that day. I was called and given my first client within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked about my experience and read through a checklist of skills.   1 Answer

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visiting Angels in June 2014.

Interview

quick same day hire started same day soon as i filed out paper work i was sent to a clients location and was there for a good amount of time.

Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visiting Angels.

Interview

Easy interview. No unexpected questions. It is important to be honest and give eye contact. Be sure to be honest, they will check your facts.

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (McKinney, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was a very casual process. The interviewer was very friendly and easy going. There was quite a bit of paperwork to fill out. They gave us a notebook with alot of information and we went into a board room and went over everything. There were quizzes to fill out where you read a hypothetical situation, and then answer the questions of what you would do in that situation.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Columbus, IN) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview was very simple not many questions bring all necessary job application info as in my case I had to again fill out an application I did not have the info with me and so only filled out what I knew off the top of my head. If you are hired and offered a time to come to orientation and accept that time better show up or expect a vocal beating my interview was simple easy. There are many of these companies around this one I feel is for people who have issues with something in their background and cant get a job with one of the other more reputable with integrity companies.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a dispute.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever missed work for anything other than illness or emergency   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interview was very simple not many questions. I told the manager who interviewed me that I was however not able to start that my sister passed away and I had to fly out of state to get her affairs settled and to be there and grieve with and for my mother. I was offered the job the very next day and asked if I could come the following Saturday to Bloomington for orientation which just takes half the day and that he understood I had to go to California for my family. I accepted and was very excited to start. My brother called me my mom was in the hospital had nervous breakdown as she was told my sister was murdered I was WAY too distraut to call and let manager know I was flying out early my husband called and explained the situation to manager. I called a few days later from California. This manager was so rude to me he didnt care about my family our situation anything he was upset that my husband called for me. I was told it was okay to start after I got back from California and I guess because I was one of just a few people he could find he took his anger out on me on the phone and with my heart still grieving over the loss of my beautiful little sister. This is not a manager or owner what ever his title is I would never work for which is a shame as I have quite a bit of experience and a tender heart so it is a perfect career fit but to work for a man who yells at me on the phone as I am still crying over my loss was way unprofessional. He is only interested in the money all the talk in the interview of hes a family man and runs this company as a family is not true. My father nor any other male in the family would never speak to any of us in the way this man did to me. Not even a I'm sorry for your loss.
    My advice if you wish to try this company out is look to one of the other more established companies Indiana Mentors ans such, if you are seeking an unorganized company that just wants a warm body for their clients then go for it.

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (West Chester, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

My elderly Aunt uses "VISITING ANGELS" & it seemed like a good job for me. I phoned the company & set-up an appointment. I took in my OLD resume. NO REAL INTERVIEW ... just a few questions, as to when I was available, etc. I was "hired" immed ... pending results of background check, drug test, etc. VERY LAID BACK, NICE, I& NFORMATIVE INTERVIEW. (I honestly doubt they get many College Grads, w/my past work & personal experience!!) SMALL FAMILY OWNED COMPANY ... NOT ALWAYS WELL-ORGANIZED!!

Negotiation

NONE