Visiting Angels In Home Caregiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visiting Angels In Home Caregiver Interview Questions

Interviews at Visiting Angels

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Largo, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

It went smoothly. The interviewer was kind but thorough. They were all vey warm and welcoming. She made me feel at easy and was truly listening, not just trying to get through her questions. We connected very well and I filled out the application after taking a quick assessment of my home care/caregiver judgement and after I interviewed. The paperwork came in last and I was then told what other documents to bring it for the next step.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Visiting Angels

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

The Owner/ Managers were real personable caring people. The interview process was low key and very friendly.They asked me questions to see if I was experienced working with the elderly. I informed them that I have been a caregiver for family members as well as being self employed care giver. The owners of the company seemed to be pleased with my experience working with the elderly population.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have of working with the elderly?   Answer Question

In Home Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visiting Angels.

Interview

after calling to ask if hiring, I was asked to come in and fill out a application, I was hired on the spot. Guess she liked my face, I had orientation a week later received handbook and flimsy looking nametag

Interview Questions

• My experience, do I like cooking, Why I want to work there, Heck been so long cant really remember details. It was very easy and laid back back then,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Crystal Lake, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Group interview, which is done to save management's time, not to benefit interviewers. They are looking for people they would want to leave their own families with. So, if they can picture letting you care for their parents, they will probably hire you. The interviewers liked hearing scenarios about how you handled previous challenges and your views on caregiving.

Interview Questions

• How do you know what time to leave to get to a client's home on time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Rock Hill, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed me letting me know they would be calling for a phone interview. I had the phone interview and felt pretty good about it. I was open and honest that I had no experience with in-home care and she said that was fine. After the phone interview was completed, the lady asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I drove to a location that was an hour away. As soon as I got there, i was asked to fill out a second application (of which had the same content as the online application). The owner of the franchise (I assume) came into the room to interview me, and asked me my experience level. As soon as I told him I had no experience, he said there was no reason to continue the interview and told me to have a happy holiday (the interview took place in December).

Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Bartlesville, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

I was greeted by the director. She let me know she did not appreciate me walking in and requesting an app, without calling first. So I offered to leave and she reluctantly had me sign down with my application in her hand ready to ask me questions. I went through the process and she let me know what they expected and what they offered. After she was through letting me know the specifics of their needs were I asked her a few questions concerning pay and hours and what their values were (just to make sure we would be a permanent fit from both sides). I walked away having my doubts.

In Home Caregiver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visiting Angels.

Interview

The send you in to a 2 hr informational meeting with the owner and have them go over what the company is about. It's basically a lot of people sucking up to the owner for 2 hrs. Then you go out and have 1 on 1 interviews, which lasted about 15 minutes or so.

Anonymous Employee in Greencastle, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Greencastle, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

This was part interview but immediately turned into an immediate orientation, unpaid orientation. I was asked very few questions. I took a written test. I was asked to read over a couple papers. When I asked questions about the business I was told not to worry about it that I would be told or learn more later.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for them   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Coast, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Palm Coast, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

how u would care for the elderly. if I could tcook, house work, travel , the treatment of the patients needs. if had good transportation. asks if I had a fl license. cpr license.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Angels (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I brought in my cover letter and resume and filled out the application materials in person. After several minutes, I was brought back to the office and spoke with the manager. She asked if I was available the next day for orientation.