Visiting Nurse Service of New York Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 71 of over 71 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Application

I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Interview

Very efficient non intense. Self explanatory The interview was super easy. You usually go through 2 short interviews. They asked about very basic questions, like where you live, how you commute, and what your availability is. One question they asked was what you think good hospitality is. You know right after if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions
  • What are your weaknesses and strengths?
    Answer Question
  • Tell me something about your self ?

Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Interview

Interview was tough, panel style with several different people from the department. I flew a lot of pressure due to the structure of the interview. I did no get the position after the extremely long interview process, however I still really admire the company. Would definitely try to apply for another position there.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about some of the challenges you faced at your previous job?

Application

Interview

Interview process was very straight-forward, asked about resume and I walked the employer through it. They really value ability to connect with people from all walks of life and cultural fit.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience working with different types of people

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (Phoneton, OH) in Jan 2021

Interview

it was very easy only asked questions about job not about yourself. got right back to me within days to offer a position. was very nice and easy going. only took about 15 minutes

Interview Questions
  • what modifier do i use, experience on the job, daily duties, big pay or wins,

Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Application

I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Interview

It was cool. I enjoyed the interview because it was good people with good attitudes, Thanks to the company. Keep at it, because you guys are super courteous. Basic premises in the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in Sep 2020

Interview

The interview process was quite seamless. I went through two rounds of interviews, one with Amanda Weiner, the Organizational Development Consultant, and another with Anastacio Alaniz, Organizational Development Manager. Each interview lasted about a half an hour. They also gave me time to ask any questions that I had.

Interview Questions
  • What are you most interested in learning in this role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in Sep 2020

Interview

Laid back, professional, overall great people. We met in an open space in manhattan, corporate moved their home base. I interviewed with the managers from Bronx location. They hired me on the spot. We had a good time, finger foods and wine. Not a bad combination

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever done hospice before? Are you willing to travel?
  • Are you afraid of taking care of patients that are terminally ill?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in Aug 2020

Interview

Recruiter reached out with screening. Then there was initial screening, followed by 2 video rounds and then a take home assignment (with NDA), although I doubt anyone is going to actually adhere to such an NDA, even though I wasted my time and took it seriously. Reached out to recruiter who sent a rejection. Seems odd that managers reject after take home assignments without a chance to even present it. Often if you apply directly online, you would have to face such issues, and in this economy its increasing rapidly.

Interview Questions
  • Prior experience related question - Deep dive into statistics

Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Application

I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in Jul 2020

Interview

It went well, there are multiple rounds to the interview process. Be yourself and know how to describe your experiences and how they relate to the position you are applying for. Use examples

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (Brooklyn, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

I went to a hiring event hosted by VNSNY. They promised every applicant that they will get back to them. I received an email about a week later regarding the position and scheduled an interview for a few days later. The interview vibe was very casual but they did ask "standard" interview questions such as: Why do you want to work with us? How would you handle a crisis happening in front of you? The interviewer was transparent and admitted that they are currently understaffed and the workload may get overwhelming. There were questions around that such as, "How do you stay organized? Are you comfortable with Excel? What if you had 2 appointments back to back and I handed you another work assignment that conflicted with your calendar?" The interviewer liked me a lot so I was given a second interview by the director after. The questions were very similar.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a client who is in crisis?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Interviews