Visiting Nurse Service of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Visiting Nurse Service of New York

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

Awesome... everyone was warm, friendly, genuine. I felt very comfortable and the process was not stressful. Great company to work for. Process did not take long as. Staff were professional, efficient, and answered every question in a timely manner.

OTR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

1 interview in person series of interviews over the phone drug test personality test and has to wait for an orientation which was offered only 1x a month.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an emergency on the field?   2 Answers

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

Two interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable. Based on years of experience.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (Webster, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

on site interview after speaking with human resources professional with two physical therapy supervisors and an HR person., followe by an overview of benefits options for full tme, part time, part time pay per visit with benefits, part time pay per visit without benenfits. Easy , personal, and professional questions, could ask questions myself, received an offer the next day

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (Bronx, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was done on site at the physical location. It was a normal interview in which I was asked about my background and experience. I was also asked to complete an "pretend" intake form and given a few different examples of a client's case notes. This was to determine if I had working knowledge about completing an assessment/intake. Additionally, I had to complete a great deal of paperwork and once offered the job I have to go through various background checks/finger printing. All very normal when working in this industry.

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

Lengthy, took too long. It can be very convoluted as the organization is so big and if you speak to more than one person, you may get a different answer.

Negotiation

There was a little room for negotiation but not much.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Easygoing interview but have not heard anything at all in weeks. The first part was a scheduled phone interview which seemingly went well because I was asked to come in for an interview. The in person interview was very relaxed but they said I’d hear back in a week and, three weeks later, I haven’t heard anything at all.

Nursing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

there was phone interview that lasted 45 mins then they give you an in person interview which was really easy. once that was done they tell you on the spot your hired and you come in to do paperwork for background check and physical.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Standardized interview questions, sometimes worded very oddly and not directly applicable to position you are applying. Interviewed by HR and then by rehab manager in region to which I was applying. Had to take personality and ethics quizzes sent by HR prior to any in person or phone interviews. HR interview was general whereas rehab interview asked skill specific questions.

Web Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

met with management, met with HR, had to bring in diploma to prove it was real. Had to make sure i had all my vaccines. Process was quite easy. Was too taxing. Didnt dig very much

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The chain of events that happened to me ranks up there to being the most unorthodox and peculiar recruitment process of all times. I see this disrespectful behavior toward prospective candidates as an indication of the unprofessionalism that festers within an organization. The beginning of the process went uneventful. I applied online and then soon, approx. 2 weeks, I received a telephone call followed by an email to schedule a phone interview. Things just took a nose dive after that. I had scheduled a mutually agreed upon morning appointment for the following week. The appointment came and gone without a call from the recruiter. About a half an hour later, I called and left a voice message to ask if we were meeting that morning. She did however called me back 2 hours later to say that she was called into an impromptu staff meeting. Fine things happen but common sense dictates that sending an email prior to indicate this would be the right thing to do. I brushed it off and filed it under stuff happens and rescheduled the interview for the following week. The day came and I couldn’t believe it but the exact thing happened AGAIN the recruiter forgets to call me. Right there I should have withdrawn my application since they were not valuing my time why would I want to work there? We finally talked via phone and she read off a list of canned questions. 2 weeks had passed and I received a call from this person that the hiring manager was interested in meeting me and gave a date to come over. I shot her an email to say I am available and to please send me the appointment details. The date was approaching and no details, no email and no phone call. I scheduled a personal day from work to go to a non-existing phantom appointment. What made matters worse was on the day of this alleged interview I received a cancellation email an hour before it was to happen. I like a good challenge and decide to see it through. I re-scheduled and went to meet with the dept. The job lacked luster and I decided to not pursue any further. The experience was off putting and greatly contributed to my decision.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions read off a piece of paper such as in your past role how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Response

Nov 13, 2017 – Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do value and respect the time of job candidates. Our recruiters make concerted efforts to accommodate, and to take into consideration, the... More