Visiting Nurse Service of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.8

Nurse Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

It's a 3 part interview process. First you get the phone interview, which may be intimidating, but Dian is a very sweet lady. She has a genuine interest in getting to know you, so just do your best! If you pass the phone interview, you meet Dian in person. She'll ask you questions about your clinical experiences, and will want to know how you approach difficult situations, and if you have ever been assertive while in clinical. Next, if you pass the interview with Dian, you meet HR for a very simple interview about why you want the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you apply the nursing process. Describe a time when you have been assertive in the hospital.   Answer Question

Licensed Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview, in person interview with HR then with director. HR interview were mostly behavioral questions and what would you do? Asked about my work experience as well as clinical experience. Asked about cases I've had in the past and challenging situations I've had. Pretty average interview, however be prepared and do your research about the company.

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter on the phone for an interview. A few days later she had me come into the office. First I sat down with the recruiter, and then I was taken to meet with my direct boss. It was just your regular interview questions--no test--and everyone was very nice. Afterwards I went back and met with the recruiter to debrief. Overall that day took about 2 hours. A few days later I was called back and asked to come in to meet more people. I went back in, met with the recruiter, met with a future coworker and met with the director of the department. It was the same set of questions again--but again everyone was so nice and it felt more like a conversation than an interrogation. That day took about 2 hours as well. Finally, a few days later, I got the offer call. Overall the hiring experience took about a month--everyone was so nice and so helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your job? What are you looking for in a role? Describe a typical workday. What are your strengths? What would a coworker say you could do better?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

one on one with manager; she asked me questions about how i felt going into people homes, how i would deal with an emergency, how the hospital job had prepared me as a nurse. did i enjoy nursing, if i was not a nurse what other profession would i choose.

Third Party Credit Collection Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Smooth but the recruiter seemed to be unidirectional. The recruiter made it clear she had no intention in someone such as my self. She disappointed me and left me
    Extremely discouraged. I felt it was a waste of time. U have to know someone in order to actually get hired. There are little to no advancement opportunities

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to this position   1 Answer

HCC Interview

Interview

It was a quick process for me. But I spoke with my direct manager and the recruiter prior to accepting the offer. I had questions about salary due to the lack of a pension plan and they were nice enough to accommodate me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (Garden City, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was conducted by two members from VNS at my University. The interviewers asked me for a brief summary of my experience and education level. They asked if I'm ok working with substance abuse clients and proceeded to explain to me the challenges and rewards of working with that population. The interviewers were extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

Organizational Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. I was initially shortlisted for an interview based on my resume and cover letter. The process of arranging an interview slot was done quickly and in a very organized manner - I was given a list of time slots and asked to choose one which suited me.

The actual interview was done in person. It was a behavioral interview combined with a few competency based assessments. The behvaioral questions were split between two interviewers to minimize interviewer bias. Additionally, they were also very accomodating to my schedule and allowed me to do one portion of the interview on the phone as I wasn't able to make it to both the in-person sessions.

The questions themselves were very straightforward - I was asked to describe certain situations andhow I handled them to demonstrate various competencies. The entire process was very transparent and well organized.

Director, Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

They didn't have the decency to send me an email declining their interest in my candidacy. HR left me hanging. That says a lot about an organization. They lack respect.

Interview Questions

• They asked unimpressive questions pertaining to the position.   1 Answer

Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was actually very easy. Very straightforward questions were asked. Mainly discussed about prior experience, the skill set I carry, my IT knowledge, and focused on other BA skills. Discussed about my educational background. They gave info about what is the position for and high level details about job responsibilities. The overall process went very smooth. The interview was for an hour and 2 different manages interviewed separately. They told me about the company a bit. They have provider as well as payer lines of businesses. They server all the 5 boroughs of New York. The interview was for a duel role business analyst/project manager. The requirement was urgent but the project duration was short.