Visiting Nurse Service of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Visiting Nurse Service of New York

2.7

Wellness Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

I went to a hiring event hosted by VNSNY. They promised every applicant that they will get back to them.

I received an email about a week later regarding the position and scheduled an interview for a few days later.

The interview vibe was very casual but they did ask "standard" interview questions such as: Why do you want to work with us? How would you handle a crisis happening in front of you?

The interviewer was transparent and admitted that they are currently understaffed and the workload may get overwhelming. There were questions around that such as, "How do you stay organized? Are you comfortable with Excel? What if you had 2 appointments back to back and I handed you another work assignment that conflicted with your calendar?"

The interviewer liked me a lot so I was given a second interview by the director after. The questions were very similar.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client who is in crisis?   1 Answer

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Waste of time, had a attitude, waited for over an significant amount of time for the interview to start. Spoke to a group of people, who I believe had no intentions in hiring me. Was just going through the motions. Complete waste of time.

Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, he set up the interview for me. He also forget to give me the directions for the place. I had to call him. To me that was very unprofessional. I did go to the interview in Manhattan. The woman who interviewed me was very unprofessional. She made me wait for almost two hours to be interviewed. The interview was a disaster from the start. She went out of the room for ten minutes and then came back in. She forgot what she was asking me.Her office was so on organized. The woman also has laundry on her chair. She asked me basic questions. I answered each of them. I have over five years of social work experience. This was the worst interview I ever went too. Lastly, she told me that she would make a decision in one week. I waited for over two weeks. I then called the recruiter to find out if there was an update. He told me that her had forgotten to call me, to inform me that the assistant director was not interested.

Interview Questions

• What do you do under stress? How do you manage your caseload?   1 Answer

Quality Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and heard back from an on staff HR recruiter the next week. She scheduled a phone interview just to go over my experience and ask my salary requirements. I was then asked to have a phone interview with who would be my supervisor/manager. She liked me and asked me to come in for a Interview with the team. I also had to create a presentation displaying my ability to use excel pivot tables and present pertinent data. It was nerve wracking but fun!

Interview Questions

• What expert y do you have in quality improvement?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with Excel?   1 Answer

Volunteer Recreational Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process had a few steps but was fairly straightforward overall. I first met with the hiring manager for a formal 121 interview process after submitting my application, then the heads of the specific center I was placed in. There was a background check first and the interview itself was not longer than 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• How will you contribute to the activities with the seniors?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

Was told a live interview would be scheduled but the follow-up has not been prompt. The recruiter was very nice, but the hiring manager is extremely slow to move forward with scheduling an interview.

Interview Questions

• General screening questions, salary requirements, background, interest in position, etc.   Answer Question

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York (New York, NY).

Interview

Easygoing interview but have not heard anything at all in weeks. The first part was a scheduled phone interview which seemingly went well because I was asked to come in for an interview. The in person interview was very relaxed but they said I’d hear back in a week and, three weeks later, I haven’t heard anything at all.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

Awesome... everyone was warm, friendly, genuine. I felt very comfortable and the process was not stressful. Great company to work for. Process did not take long as. Staff were professional, efficient, and answered every question in a timely manner.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

First, there was a meeting with the department heads, then a meeting with the group heads, and then a meeting with the direct supervisor. All the meetings took place on the same day. Basically, the process was to answer questions about my qualifications, skills and past experience. Just one interview. Not sure if that is the norm but that was my experience.

Interview Questions

• What was my interest in the company? How much I knew about what the company does.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visiting Nurse Service of New York.

Interview

I applied the data scientist position online. Contacted by an HR within a week, who went through my resume and scheduled a technical interview a week later. The technical interview was with two hiring managers, and lasted about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Go through projects, dig deep into statistics. How do you handle missing data, etc.   Answer Question