Vista Equity Partners Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vista Equity Partners Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in September 2016.

Interview

I had a first 30 min phone interview, which was a great experience. The interviewer was very friendly and genuinely interested in learning about me, my capabilities and career goals. The questions were personal and technical about leverage buyout and discounted Cash Flow. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the next round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vista Equity Partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

applied online through posting. 4 days after applying I received an online link to an assessment that took about 30 mins, call with manager of HR, call with senior deal professional and in person interviews. In person interviews contained case study. I was able to take notes, but the questions did not require live calculations.

Interview Questions

• Why Vista? What is your 3/5/10 year plan? How can you leverage your current skill set in this role   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in October 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I received a link to an online aptitude and personality test. The aptitude test included basic finance math (leverage, easy DCF, WACC related, etc) as well as problem and pattern solving. Once that was completed, I was contacted via email for a phone interview. The interview had no technical questions. The guy was very nice and essentially had me walk through my resume, talk about my experience, and why I was interested in the firm. After that, I had a second phone interview. This guy was friendly, but did not seem as interested. Perhaps they have already selected someone? At one point he asked me what PE was and I included an example of turning around an unprofitable firm; he then proceeded to semi-lecture me about how PE was not only involved with unprofitable firms, but I CLEARLY stated that PE firms work to improve firms, such as unprofitable ones, and they also work with profitable firms...So it wasn't very reassuring that I so obviously did not have his full attention. Still, it was once again talking about my resume and my interest in PE and the firm, so nothing technical. Unsurprisingly, I was not invited back for a final round, which was to be located at their Texas location.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

It was long, thorough, and I spoke/met with 8 different individuals across the firm (including the Recruiter) by the end of the process. They were diligent, and the messaging was consistent across individuals.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment to date - at any point or in any aspect of your life - does not have to be work or school related   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had an on campus interview with one of the analysts at Vista Equity Partners. Had a nice experience discussing my interests and walking through my resume. But some of the Finance questions were really difficult for a non-Finance major. Vista appears to be a great place to start, but employees there probably work long hours.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners.

Interview

on campus recruiting + in person final rounds. Some schools had phone interviews. They have a test as well. You take it online and another in person.

straightforward questions. seems they place a lot of value on standardized tests. crapshoot if you get it just because there are so many smart candidates. Know why PE, why not banking etc.. It seems they do not really care about prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• What other offers did you get? What colleges did u apply to and get into? What math classes have you taken? What other companies are you looking at specifically? Why them over us?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in March 2011.

Interview

I took an online test with a number of patterns to be completed. Later this was followed by a phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for them and what on my resume lent itself to the job. They also asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Vista Equity Partners?   Answer Question
    • What on your resume prepares you for this position?   Answer Question