Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consists of phone interview and onsite one. There are four rounds in the onsite. Interviewers are nice to talk with. They asked a lot of behavior questions, like how to resolve conflict with others.

Learning and Development Interview

Interview

Position sounded good. The ball was in my field to follow up which was fine - but irritating. Afte they finally brought me in for a 4 hour interview, no one followed up. Not a call, not an email, and definitely no response to my inquires. Rude!

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the most pleasant and efficient hiring processes I had a chance to go through.
    Very close to what Google, and other cutting edge tech companies do.
    There was a phone screen with HR, a code challenge online, and a whole day of in-person interviews. Everyone was very professional and great to talk to. Besides answering the questions there was a lot of opportunities to learn about the company, what they do, their structure and culture.
    Free lunch included.

Interview Questions

• There are many questions, but not too tricky. For most, there is no right or wrong answer. They want to see the thought process. Yes, you need to know how to code, and posses good design and problem solving skills.   Answer Question
    • Learn about microservices based architectures. That'll help you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth. No bs

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The first round is talking with recruiter of Vistaprint. It took me 30 mins. And recruiter is super nice. And second day, I got the invite to have a phone call with this position's manager. And it was confirmed for 1 hour phone scree. But she just talked with me around 15 mins with asking normal questions and no behavioral questions. And want me to ask several questions. I have no idea why it takes only 15 minutes and no other talking. And now I am shocked while waiting for rejection letter.

DevOps Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took roughly 3 hours of my time. The first part was a manufacturing/logical problem that they claimed has occurred at one point. The other parts were with members of the team and a the manager

What really was aggravating was that the Talent Acquisition manager has asked to call me as if he was going to shoot an offer only to tell me I didn't get the job. This could have been easily emailed to me instead of building up any hope of me getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1.) How does the Internet work?
      2.) What is 2^10?

A few others that were more like brain teasers
      1 Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and set up an interview. There was a online coding test and then I came in for a face to face. The first interviewer was extremely rude, very hostile and would not engage. It was as if I was responding to a wall, he would ask a question and then just look down. It was very clear for some reason he did not like me from the start. Somewhere in the middle of my sentence explaining an approach to solve a problem, he said that is just idiotic and does not make any sense. The whole interview was so stressful, soon as we were done, I just walked out of the interview.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was the absolute longest interview process I have ever been in. The first phone interview was in the beginning of October 2016. I had 3 different phone interviews between October 2016 and December 2016. The communication during this time period was extremely lacking. They would say they would contact me the next week. 3 weeks later, after a couple emails from me, I would finally get a response to the last email I had sent. Final phone interview was mid December 2016. They said I would hear back by the end of December. By the second week of January, I emailed them looking for a response. I tried to give them the benefit because of the holiday. No response. Emailed again end of January. Second week of February finally got an email back asking me to come into the office for an interview and looking for my availability for the next week. My week was already scheduled for my current job and I live in a different state. Explained this and gave other specific dates and times I was available and explained these were the only dates I had available in the coming couple of weeks. They emailed me back trying to schedule me on any day I did not state availability on. They kept trying to get me to come in at 8:00 am on a Wednesday. I explained again that unfortunately that would not work for me as I would be coming in from out of State and did not have that date available. They continued to push for every day I did not state I had available. I finally got frustrated and had enough of the obvious lack of reading my emails and let them know I would not be moving forward with their company. I have never seen a company less organized with their recruiting and hiring process before. I really hope no one else experiences this.

Interview Questions

• What job qualities do you currently hold that would help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a situation with a customer who was upset?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied online on college university career site. Was scheduled for an in-person interview on campus. The interview consisted of two rounds (each with different interviewers): one that asked a programming/algorithms question, and one that asked an object-oriented/system design type question. Both were an hour long.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator using OOP principles?   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a position in the Waltham HQ and received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview went really well, and she asked if I would be interested in a different position that is actually closer to my current city. I then had another phone interview with the hiring manager for that position, which also went very well. I had my in-person a week or so later, which took 5 hours and I met with four different people for about 45 min to an hour each. The interviews went well, except for one where the guy was rude and told me he didn't really see the need for the position I was interviewing for (it was a new position). However, the overall feedback from my in-person was positive, and I was asked to have another 45 minute Skype interview with someone at the Waltham office. That also went well, according to the recruiter, and then I was told to wait as the completed interviews with the other candidates.

So I waited... and waited. For two months! I checked in with the recruiter every week or two and was continually told that I was a top candidate and that the delay was due to scheduling challenges with finishing the other interviews. Finally, after two months post-interview, I told them I was moving forward with final interviews with other companies and really needed to know where I stood. Their response was that they were not going to move forward with me, as they've decided they need someone with product development experience--which I don't have, but it was not in the job description or mentioned to me at any point during the lengthy process leading up to this conversation. Apparently the delay was actually because they were still trying to find someone with the skills I have plus product development experience and weren't finding anyone, and they decided they would rather keep looking.

The recruiter then suggested that I talk to another recruiter about the position I had originally applied for in Waltham! And then I never heard from either recruiter, despite following up.

TL;DR--I invested a lot of time and effort into the interview process, and was led on for two months afterwards before being rejected for not having skills in an area that was never mentioned to me during the application or interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to using research to solve X. (each person I met with presented me with a different business problem they were facing)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

After a headhunter sent my application, a recruiter from the company contacted me. In the next couple of weeks, I went through a technical phone interview and an onsite interview. During the onsite interview, each interviewer brought a few sheets of prepared questions/problems with them and without wasting any time, dived right into the technical quizzes.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented designs, implementations; Some common data structure questions.   Answer Question