Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

167 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and set up an interview. There was a online coding test and then I came in for a face to face. The first interviewer was extremely rude, very hostile and would not engage. It was as if I was responding to a wall, he would ask a question and then just look down. It was very clear for some reason he did not like me from the start. Somewhere in the middle of my sentence explaining an approach to solve a problem, he said that is just idiotic and does not make any sense. The whole interview was so stressful, soon as we were done, I just walked out of the interview.

Interview Questions

Vistaprint Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hello, we apologize greatly that you experienced rude interviewers that were not engaging. We never want any candidates to have a stressful interview. Please let us know if you would be interested in... More

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I submitted my resume during a career fair, then was contacted for a first round interview on campus. It was a one hour case study. I was then contacted for a second round interview - it would be all day at the Vistaprint office. The first half of the day was a tour of the office and presentations by various employees. Lunch was provided and I ate with other candidates and employees. The afternoon consisted of three consecutive hour long interviews, two of which were case studies and the last was a behavioral interview. At the end of the interviews, we were invited to a reception with the marketing department. The whole process was very positive and the recruiters were very friendly. Transportation and food was provided which was a huge plus. They also responded right away with decisions through phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example when you had to think outside the box?   Answer Question

Leitender Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Winterthur (Switzerland)) in May 2013.

Interview

Es gab 2 Vorstellungsgespräche:

Das erste Vorstellungsgespräch war ein standartmäßiges Entwickler-Telefongespräch.

Ich wurde gebeten, grundlegenden und einfachen Code zu schreiben und es wurde vom Befrager mit einem unüblichen Schwerpunkt auf Komplexität rezensiert, O-Notation.

Das zweite Vorstellungsgespräch war ganztägig mit 5 verschiedenen Befragern, jeweils einzeln, keine Gruppen-Gespräche.

Jeder Befrager deckte andere Themen ab, Lebenslauf, Entwicklung, Software-Design und allgemeine Problemlösung mit einem finalen Warum-du-hier-arbeiten-willst-Abschnitt.

Die Befrager waren freundlich und angenehm und die Atmosphäre war entspannt. Es gab genug Zeit, eigene Fragen zu stellen und ihre zu beantworten, allerdings fühlte es sich wie ein langer Tag an.

Interview Questions

• Die allgemeine Probemlösungs-Frage war schwer, da sie nicht technisch war, man musste basierend auf Mutmaßung und Instinkt eine Einschätzung zum Markt für ein neues potentielles Produkt abliefern.

Offensichtlich sind sie mehr daran interessiert, wie man denkt als an der Antwort, allerdings hat es mich trotzdem aus der Balance gebracht, da es so weit vom technischen Bereich entfernt war.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate, Organic Search Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I reached out to an employee at the company I had been contacted by a year prior. This person put me in contact with another and got the ball rolling fast on getting me a phone interview. Interview was 45 minutes of 1 question - no behavioral interest.

Interview Questions

• How much money in the US on average, per year is spent on graduation events?   1 Answer

Solutions Manager - Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR; Phone interview with VP Business Intelligence - onsite interviews with Marketing Technologist; subordinate team member of Business Intelligence; soulutions Manager of Supply Chain; self-centered "guru" of Architects - guy named Marco....

Interview Questions

• Business case with Marco was something out of an MBA in Operations; I have no idea what that case study had to do with being able to manage and direct a group of technologists and business intelligence, but apparently Marco did.... He seemed to be proud of the fact that if candidates could not get past his little case study, that there was little chance you would be employed by Vistaprint.....   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Get ready to answer case study questions about the products on the website. Also be able to negotiate a contract. What do you like and would alter on the Vistaprint.com site? Give examples of marketing projects you've worked on from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the vistaprint.com website?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation at work and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2012.

Interview

I had a first one on one interview where they gave me a case to solve. It was pretty self explanatory with some relative questions to marketing. Then I got a final round interview where it was an all day process. 3 one 1 hour long interviews one marketing case, one behavioral, and one conceptual case. The marketing case was very hard and outdated. This was the only curve ball and felt that it was a little unfair. Overall, pretty hard interview process.

Interview Questions

• How much money is spent on graduation partys/supplies per year   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a request for a phone interview a week later. I met with 4 people for the first round including the recruiter. The recruiter did prep me by telling me that they were going to ask me a strategic type question that I was going to have to be able to answer. It was "How many bottles of shampoo used in hotels around the world?" I thought the question was a bit bizarre for a project manager position, but I did the best I could. I have no idea whether or not I answered it correctly. After that round, the recruiter invited me back in for round 2. In this round I had to prepare a case study in 45 minutes and present it to my potential future manager and another peer. That was definitely nervewracking but I felt I did well. I was again contacted by the recruiter and invited back for the last round to meet with some potential peers and VP of the group. I was asked to produce a roadmap for possible products added to the suite. Again, I was puzzled why a project manager was asked this type of question. I did my best again.
    Overall it was a very difficult interview. I would suggest that they structure the tests in the interviews to better reflect the job they are hiring for.

Interview Questions

• How many bottles of shampoo used in hotels around the world   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process consists of phone interview and onsite one. There are four rounds in the onsite. Interviewers are nice to talk with. They asked a lot of behavior questions, like how to resolve conflict with others.

Interview Questions

Vistaprint Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hi, happy to hear that the interviewers were nice to speak with! Please let us know if you would be interested in further talking about your experience interviewing at the company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Meet with two interviewers individually. The first interviewer is either the hiring manager or someone from the same organization. The questions from this interviewer were subject matter relevant to my field and gauged to probe the depths of my experience. The second interviewer was a technical architect whose questions had absolutely nothing to do with Project Management and instead gauged my technical knowledge from positions I held 12 years prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls could fit in an empty 747 airliner...and he expected an answer.   1 Answer

Jun 15, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hi, please let us know if you would be interested in talking more about your interview experience. We apologize for this negative experience and hope to be able to speak to you more about it.