Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.2

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied online on college university career site. Was scheduled for an in-person interview on campus. The interview consisted of two rounds (each with different interviewers): one that asked a programming/algorithms question, and one that asked an object-oriented/system design type question. Both were an hour long.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a position in the Waltham HQ and received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview went really well, and she asked if I would be interested in a different position that is actually closer to my current city. I then had another phone interview with the hiring manager for that position, which also went very well. I had my in-person a week or so later, which took 5 hours and I met with four different people for about 45 min to an hour each. The interviews went well, except for one where the guy was rude and told me he didn't really see the need for the position I was interviewing for (it was a new position). However, the overall feedback from my in-person was positive, and I was asked to have another 45 minute Skype interview with someone at the Waltham office. That also went well, according to the recruiter, and then I was told to wait as the completed interviews with the other candidates.

So I waited... and waited. For two months! I checked in with the recruiter every week or two and was continually told that I was a top candidate and that the delay was due to scheduling challenges with finishing the other interviews. Finally, after two months post-interview, I told them I was moving forward with final interviews with other companies and really needed to know where I stood. Their response was that they were not going to move forward with me, as they've decided they need someone with product development experience--which I don't have, but it was not in the job description or mentioned to me at any point during the lengthy process leading up to this conversation. Apparently the delay was actually because they were still trying to find someone with the skills I have plus product development experience and weren't finding anyone, and they decided they would rather keep looking.

The recruiter then suggested that I talk to another recruiter about the position I had originally applied for in Waltham! And then I never heard from either recruiter, despite following up.

TL;DR--I invested a lot of time and effort into the interview process, and was led on for two months afterwards before being rejected for not having skills in an area that was never mentioned to me during the application or interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to using research to solve X. (each person I met with presented me with a different business problem they were facing)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

After a headhunter sent my application, a recruiter from the company contacted me. In the next couple of weeks, I went through a technical phone interview and an onsite interview. During the onsite interview, each interviewer brought a few sheets of prepared questions/problems with them and without wasting any time, dived right into the technical quizzes.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented designs, implementations; Some common data structure questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

First you have a talk with a recruiter. Then a phone interview is scheduled. The phone interview includes coding, problem solving and architecture. Then interview on site is scheduled - there are 4 interviews 1 hours each which check all different aspects: coding, architecture design, behavioral.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The overall process took a few months. First, HR screening through the phone. Second, phone interview with senior employee. Third, on site brief interview. Fourth, 2 back to back technical interview on skills and past experiences.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

They got my email and resume from a college career fair so I got an email asking to set up an interview. It was set to be an hour or 1:30 but it went a little over, then I got an offer the next business day. The interview first went into standard interview questions about my background, then we moved to some simple technical questions to get a sense of how I think. It ended with some questions about my availability and what I want out of a company. The two people who interviewed me were nice and relaxed so it wasn't a stressful interview for me.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background, some logic/coding questions   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The first step involved a thirty minute phone conversation with a human resources manager about my background and experience.
    Next step was a second phone interview with the hiring manager which was very brief and again was focused on the manager understanding my background and specific experiences in more depth than what was on my resume.
    The third step was an in-person interview which lasted about two and a half hours. The first half hour was a conversation with one of the department managers, then one hour for the case study. The last hour was split between a half hour talking with someone in a position that would be working closely with the positon I was applying for and then last half hour (or less) was meeting in-person with the hiring manager that conducted my second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In your last position, what was something that you wanted to do or learn that you weren't able to?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths & weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with challenges or problems that you need to solve quickly & efficiently?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone call with HR, then with the HM followed by 4 hour onsite interview. All interviewer were easy going. Questions on your technical knowledge, past experience and what are you looking for in future jobs

Interview Questions

• business case about train station congestion, describe all products you have worked with and lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I spoke with an in-house recruiter. We had the standard conversation about my background and what the company is doing and what they are looking for. The recruiter stated that they do heavy object orientation and specifically asked me how comfortable I was doing OOP, which I am very confident in my knowledge.

I was asked to submit a coding sample from a vendor they use. The problem is a timed test with a business problem to solve. Given their stated desire for strong OOP, I wrote several data classes and abstract services, which covered various areas of functionality that the business problem requires to solve. The submission is validated for correctness by their vendor and it worked perfectly.

Their evaluation of my answer was that it was 'too large'. Apparently, they are not as interested in OOP as they might claim, or there is a disconnect is what one person says vs. another, or perhaps out of shear laziness they don't want to evaluate a solution that is more SOLID (and longer).

My advice to you if you happen to stumble into their process, is to write a substandard piece of code that cannot have its individual pieces easily unit tested, dependency injected, or separates out concerns because that appears to be what they want.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with Object Oriented programming?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round online test
    2nd round on campus interview
    3 round final round - 3 rounds 1. technical (asked to use pseudo codes to find remainder of number) 2. behavioral 3.marketing case (to start a new business)

Interview Questions

• how to find the remainder for number using only basic logicals answer no operators like %   1 Answer