Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.2

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the most pleasant and efficient hiring processes I had a chance to go through.
    Very close to what Google, and other cutting edge tech companies do.
    There was a phone screen with HR, a code challenge online, and a whole day of in-person interviews. Everyone was very professional and great to talk to. Besides answering the questions there was a lot of opportunities to learn about the company, what they do, their structure and culture.
    Free lunch included.

Interview Questions

• There are many questions, but not too tricky. For most, there is no right or wrong answer. They want to see the thought process. Yes, you need to know how to code, and posses good design and problem solving skills.   Answer Question
    • Learn about microservices based architectures. That'll help you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth. No bs

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

Arranged interview by phone directly with their HR department. The process took the whole morning and it was exhausting. I had 4 interview with different department managers. The last of them as really haughty and tried to do the 'smart question'. It's probably the most embarrassing interview I did in my life.

Interview Questions

• How many hotel champu bottles labels would Vistaprint sell in the whole UK country in a year? Give me an exact number.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied online on college university career site. Was scheduled for an in-person interview on campus. The interview consisted of two rounds (each with different interviewers): one that asked a programming/algorithms question, and one that asked an object-oriented/system design type question. Both were an hour long.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bārdaw (Tunisia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Bārdaw (Tunisia)).

Interview

Phone screening with someone from Barcelona at the beginning in which we discussed a little about my background and about the next interview, then I had an appoitment in the Vistaprint site for a face to face interview where I was asked about my background then a technical interview with a simple but challenging question.

Interview Questions

• Solve a logical question treating a virtual basket and its complexity.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was given a case study. I quickly developed a method to test the problem at hand so the tester kept adding new information to foil my methods. Just be comfortable going back to the beginning and reworking it. They won't make it impossible to address.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience, asked me to review a customer flow problem using examples from the site and identify potential causes.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The first step involved a thirty minute phone conversation with a human resources manager about my background and experience.
    Next step was a second phone interview with the hiring manager which was very brief and again was focused on the manager understanding my background and specific experiences in more depth than what was on my resume.
    The third step was an in-person interview which lasted about two and a half hours. The first half hour was a conversation with one of the department managers, then one hour for the case study. The last hour was split between a half hour talking with someone in a position that would be working closely with the positon I was applying for and then last half hour (or less) was meeting in-person with the hiring manager that conducted my second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In your last position, what was something that you wanted to do or learn that you weren't able to?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths & weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with challenges or problems that you need to solve quickly & efficiently?   1 Answer

Strategic Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, first with the customer service manager and then with his boss. After that they invited me to have a all inverview day in its office in Barcelona. I had more than 5 interviews, 2 business cases to resolve, free food
    In the interview you need to explain with a lot of details all your experience, then you need to resolve 2 business cases, also you need to prepare a presentation and there are more than 2 people asking you in order to see your knowledge

Interview Questions

• Tell me all your experience, why you, resolve a business case about problems in train station   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in June 2015.

Interview

Process very long. First phone interview with HR, then with hiring manager.
    Then business case (4 hours). Then final review and proposal.
    The process was really bad managed: they asked me if I was available for a 3rd interview "next wednesday" and they disappeared for almos 2 months. Then they got back telling that they had been looking for an internal candidate but didn't find one, so they were still searching.
    Again, they asked me if I would be available the following week for the interview, and again they disappeared.
    Should they come back, I'd say no thanks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general question about my professional experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

One day with two back to back, hour long interviews. Both were extremely hands-on. The first asked how you would solve a problem and you had to explain in words and draw on a whiteboard. The second asked you to write out code on a sheet of paper while the interview watched as you wrote every line.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was brought in for several days of interviews and met with people from across the organization. It was well-coordinated and a pleasant experience. When applying for analytics or engineering positions there are some exercises candidates are put through to test their problem solving approaches. I did the same with a creative exercise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my familiarity with the company's web site.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was simple and direct.