Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.2

DevOps Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took roughly 3 hours of my time. The first part was a manufacturing/logical problem that they claimed has occurred at one point. The other parts were with members of the team and a the manager

What really was aggravating was that the Talent Acquisition manager has asked to call me as if he was going to shoot an offer only to tell me I didn't get the job. This could have been easily emailed to me instead of building up any hope of me getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1.) How does the Internet work?
      2.) What is 2^10?

A few others that were more like brain teasers   1 Answer

Vistaprint Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hello, we are sorry that calling you built up hopes but only wanted to make sure we could deliver the best candidate experience we were able to offer. Please let us know if you would be willing to... More

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The first round is talking with recruiter of Vistaprint. It took me 30 mins. And recruiter is super nice. And second day, I got the invite to have a phone call with this position's manager. And it was confirmed for 1 hour phone scree. But she just talked with me around 15 mins with asking normal questions and no behavioral questions. And want me to ask several questions. I have no idea why it takes only 15 minutes and no other talking. And now I am shocked while waiting for rejection letter.

Interview Questions

Vistaprint Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hello, we apologize for not speaking for the full expected duration of the phone screen. Please let us know if you would be interested in further speaking to us about your experience interviewing at... More

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

Arranged interview by phone directly with their HR department. The process took the whole morning and it was exhausting. I had 4 interview with different department managers. The last of them as really haughty and tried to do the 'smart question'. It's probably the most embarrassing interview I did in my life.

Interview Questions

• How many hotel champu bottles labels would Vistaprint sell in the whole UK country in a year? Give me an exact number.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

They got my email and resume from a college career fair so I got an email asking to set up an interview. It was set to be an hour or 1:30 but it went a little over, then I got an offer the next business day. The interview first went into standard interview questions about my background, then we moved to some simple technical questions to get a sense of how I think. It ended with some questions about my availability and what I want out of a company. The two people who interviewed me were nice and relaxed so it wasn't a stressful interview for me.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background, some logic/coding questions   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

The process took 6+ weeks. Had to do lots of nudging with the Consultant. First, there was an online MCQ test comprising quant, logical analysis and English. After appearing for online test and doing follow-up twice with the consultant and the talent acquisition team member, my role-play round was scheduled and re-scheduled twice or thrice. Then there was an interim telephonic round and a date was provided to me for the role-playing and psychometric round but later the psychometric test was rescinded abruptly. On the day of role-play round, I had a round of HR before the role-play. It was a nice interaction but dragged unnecessarily by asking counter-questions to a proper answer. Role-play round was a bit incoherent in which you are given a hypothetical situation and you need to provide a pacifying solution, the whole situation is video-recorded and sent to their HQ where the Hiring-Managers decide upon your selection based on your act (sans knowing any SOPs of the company). Uncanny decision-making process. Good HR people but their recruitment process seems jinxed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line?
      What are your short-term and long-term career goals?
      Tell about one of the difficult situation you faced and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Applied online on college university career site. Was scheduled for an in-person interview on campus. The interview consisted of two rounds (each with different interviewers): one that asked a programming/algorithms question, and one that asked an object-oriented/system design type question. Both were an hour long.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Flew us over and booked us in a nice hotel. The night before was a mixer with a few panels detailing life at VistaPrint. They really did outdo themselves with their recruiting - one of the best attempts at getting the finalists to get excited about Vistaprint.

Three interviews the next day: analytical skills, coding, and fit

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a position in the Waltham HQ and received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview went really well, and she asked if I would be interested in a different position that is actually closer to my current city. I then had another phone interview with the hiring manager for that position, which also went very well. I had my in-person a week or so later, which took 5 hours and I met with four different people for about 45 min to an hour each. The interviews went well, except for one where the guy was rude and told me he didn't really see the need for the position I was interviewing for (it was a new position). However, the overall feedback from my in-person was positive, and I was asked to have another 45 minute Skype interview with someone at the Waltham office. That also went well, according to the recruiter, and then I was told to wait as the completed interviews with the other candidates.

So I waited... and waited. For two months! I checked in with the recruiter every week or two and was continually told that I was a top candidate and that the delay was due to scheduling challenges with finishing the other interviews. Finally, after two months post-interview, I told them I was moving forward with final interviews with other companies and really needed to know where I stood. Their response was that they were not going to move forward with me, as they've decided they need someone with product development experience--which I don't have, but it was not in the job description or mentioned to me at any point during the lengthy process leading up to this conversation. Apparently the delay was actually because they were still trying to find someone with the skills I have plus product development experience and weren't finding anyone, and they decided they would rather keep looking.

The recruiter then suggested that I talk to another recruiter about the position I had originally applied for in Waltham! And then I never heard from either recruiter, despite following up.

TL;DR--I invested a lot of time and effort into the interview process, and was led on for two months afterwards before being rejected for not having skills in an area that was never mentioned to me during the application or interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to using research to solve X. (each person I met with presented me with a different business problem they were facing)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The overall process took a few months. First, HR screening through the phone. Second, phone interview with senior employee. Third, on site brief interview. Fourth, 2 back to back technical interview on skills and past experiences.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bārdaw (Tunisia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Bārdaw (Tunisia)).

Interview

Phone screening with someone from Barcelona at the beginning in which we discussed a little about my background and about the next interview, then I had an appoitment in the Vistaprint site for a face to face interview where I was asked about my background then a technical interview with a simple but challenging question.

Interview Questions

• Solve a logical question treating a virtual basket and its complexity.   Answer Question