Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I spoke with an in-house recruiter. We had the standard conversation about my background and what the company is doing and what they are looking for. The recruiter stated that they do heavy object orientation and specifically asked me how comfortable I was doing OOP, which I am very confident in my knowledge.

I was asked to submit a coding sample from a vendor they use. The problem is a timed test with a business problem to solve. Given their stated desire for strong OOP, I wrote several data classes and abstract services, which covered various areas of functionality that the business problem requires to solve. The submission is validated for correctness by their vendor and it worked perfectly.

Their evaluation of my answer was that it was 'too large'. Apparently, they are not as interested in OOP as they might claim, or there is a disconnect is what one person says vs. another, or perhaps out of shear laziness they don't want to evaluate a solution that is more SOLID (and longer).

My advice to you if you happen to stumble into their process, is to write a substandard piece of code that cannot have its individual pieces easily unit tested, dependency injected, or separates out concerns because that appears to be what they want.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with Object Oriented programming?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round online test
    2nd round on campus interview
    3 round final round - 3 rounds 1. technical (asked to use pseudo codes to find remainder of number) 2. behavioral 3.marketing case (to start a new business)

Interview Questions

• how to find the remainder for number using only basic logicals answer no operators like %   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people form 3 different teams and spent 30 minutes with each person. They mostly asked questions about my work experience and assessing if it met their needs.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions for a PM, e.g. 'How do you prioritize'.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone screen just for them to get to know me, and I moved on to a one hour technical interview which was pretty straightforward so I got moved to onsite in Waltham for 3 one hour technical interviews. I stumbled on one of them, which ended up costing me.

Interview Questions

• How many hotel-sized shampoo bottles are produced in the world every year?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

They give you a case that involves targeting a new market, and want to see how you think. It's not very difficult, simply involves doing some simple math and taking the interviewer through your thought process. Once you finish the case, you are free to ask questions and the first round is over.

Interview Questions

• What is the market size for college graduation parties?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

One day with two back to back, hour long interviews. Both were extremely hands-on. The first asked how you would solve a problem and you had to explain in words and draw on a whiteboard. The second asked you to write out code on a sheet of paper while the interview watched as you wrote every line.

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Campus Interview, One full day recruiting session (3 hours of interviews). The on-campus interview was a simple case. The recruiter walked through it as well. The recruiting day was a very long session. We had talks in the morning and a office tour. In the afternoon, they organized 3 hour long 1:1 interviews with various employees in the marketing department. One behavioral, 2 case based. Cases were simple.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had a difficult time overcoming a challenge in work or academics   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I submitted my resume during a career fair, then was contacted for a first round interview on campus. It was a one hour case study. I was then contacted for a second round interview - it would be all day at the Vistaprint office. The first half of the day was a tour of the office and presentations by various employees. Lunch was provided and I ate with other candidates and employees. The afternoon consisted of three consecutive hour long interviews, two of which were case studies and the last was a behavioral interview. At the end of the interviews, we were invited to a reception with the marketing department. The whole process was very positive and the recruiters were very friendly. Transportation and food was provided which was a huge plus. They also responded right away with decisions through phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example when you had to think outside the box?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Very comprehensive, met with several people from different departments. Asked lots of insightful questions. Explained role and organization in a way that was easy to understand. Strong culture. Strong management function at company and management development program. Enjoyed hearing about company growth and expansion and opportunity for growth roles from within.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Full day event from 8:00-5:00 included speech from VP, panel Q&A, tour, 3 one hour interviews. Helpful in getting to know the company at a deeper level. Day was very organized and structured. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Free lunch and snacks throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer