Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was a 1 hour long interview that involved 1 case question. It was challenging but they just want to know your thought process. Then we were invited to the office for a day long interview. I was there 10 hours from start to finish. The morning involved 3 one hour long interviews, two were cases and one was behavioral. Then the rest of the day involved a tour, panel and mixer to get to know the other employees. They gave you a very good sense of the company but it was 2-3 hours too long.

Interview Questions

• How much money was spent on graduation parties in the U.S. in 2014?   Answer Question

Interactive Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Began with a recruiter who got me a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited in for the interview process which included a presentation of my portfolio and experience and then had individual meetings with 3 directors. I was then given a small marketing project to create in 1 hour with a small team including a writer and designer. Upon completion I presented our solution to the VP.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this marketing challenge?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was given a case study and I was asked to determine market size of graduation population. In addition to this, we were asked generic marketing questions to devise a strategy for the market segment of graduates.

Interview Questions

• What is the market size for graduation parties in the US?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Full day event from 8:00-5:00 included speech from VP, panel Q&A, tour, 3 one hour interviews. Helpful in getting to know the company at a deeper level. Day was very organized and structured. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Free lunch and snacks throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Very comprehensive, met with several people from different departments. Asked lots of insightful questions. Explained role and organization in a way that was easy to understand. Strong culture. Strong management function at company and management development program. Enjoyed hearing about company growth and expansion and opportunity for growth roles from within.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2014.

Interview

This was for a non-entry-level posisition. You are contacted first by email, then by phone with the recruiter; if all good, you get another phone interview with a manager; if all good, you get a in-office interview which normally last around 4 hours, which is the last step.

In this last step, I was given a real case-study, with literally just pen, paper and a simple calculator. After an hour, I had to present my findings to a couple of subject-matter experts. After that I had a 1:1 with a marketing manager, then another 1:1 with the team leader, and lastly a quick wrap up and office tour with someone from HR.

I had never been in such a detailed hiring process, so I kinda liked it; BUT it was painfully long. The whole thing lasted almost 4 months. Between the last step and the final decision was made, they took 1.5 months!! In all honesty, after waiting so long for a decision, you loose interest. At the end I think I didn't even want to be elected for the job... although Vistaprint has among the highest salaries in Barcelona, so... probably I would have accepted anyway hehe.

My background is on ecommerce, and the position needed a stronger business analytics background, so I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember one. I know I struggled the most with detailed business optimization questions, like details on how to reduce product costs, and alike.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I started with an on campus interview. It was pretty relaxed with standard behavioral questions. I then was invited to their Lexington office for a final round interview that went from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.. It consisted of 3 interviews. One behavioral and 2 case studies. The rest of the time was filled with information sessions, a tour of the office, and an office happy hour at the end of the day. It was very informative, but it was a LONG day. They made their decisions quickly and even took the time to call me to tell me that I did not receive an offer. Overall I was impressed with the thought they put into the whole process.

Leitender Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Winterthur (Switzerland)) in September 2014.

Interview

Ich hatte ein erstes Telefongespräch mit einem Typen aus der Personalabteilung. Dann hatte ich ein technisches Telefongespräch mit einem anderen Software-Entwickler. In diesem Vorstellungsgespräch wurde ich gebeten, eine simple Programmier-Aufgabe und eine simple Architektur-Aufgabe (UML, Vererbung) zu lösen. Danach wurde ich nach Winterthur zu einem über-vierstündigen Vorstellungsgespräch mit mehreren Abschnitten eingeladen: Programmierung, O-O-Design (Architektur), Problemlösung und Kommunikation und einige Gespräche über mich und das Unternehmen. Ich wurde immer nur von einem Befrager gleichzeitig interviewt und die Atmosphäre war entspannt. Sie waren auch offen bezüglich der Vor- und Nachteile des Unternehmens.

I had a first phone screening with a guy from HR. Then I had a technical phone screening from another software engineer. In that interview I was asked to solve a simple programming task and a simple architecture task (UML, inheritance). After that I was invited to Winterthur to a 4+ hour interview with multiple segments: programming, oo-design (archtitecture), problem solving and communication and some talk about me and the company. I was only interviewed by one interviewer at a time and the atmosphere was relaxed. They also were open about the up and down sides of the company.

Interview Questions

• Software Architektur Frage   Software Architecture Question   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2014.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews and one face to face interviews. The first telephone interview was with HR and very basic then the second telephone interview was with the two hiring managers. I was asked a series of questions mostly related wit my experience. The face to face interview was a whole day process meeting the hiring managers, members of the team, I was also given case studies. Although the hiring decision took longer than expected I was kept informed the entire time and was given feedback from my interview.

Interview Questions

• Business case was to evaluate an email campaign template and a basic ROI analysis.   Answer Question