Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

One day with two back to back, hour long interviews. Both were extremely hands-on. The first asked how you would solve a problem and you had to explain in words and draw on a whiteboard. The second asked you to write out code on a sheet of paper while the interview watched as you wrote every line.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was brought in for several days of interviews and met with people from across the organization. It was well-coordinated and a pleasant experience. When applying for analytics or engineering positions there are some exercises candidates are put through to test their problem solving approaches. I did the same with a creative exercise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my familiarity with the company's web site.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was simple and direct.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2015.

Interview

First phone interview was brief, ~20 min, common behavioral & experience questions. 2nd was phone case interview with someone from the marketing team; brief estimation type question with more strict marketing discipline questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was a 1 hour long interview that involved 1 case question. It was challenging but they just want to know your thought process. Then we were invited to the office for a day long interview. I was there 10 hours from start to finish. The morning involved 3 one hour long interviews, two were cases and one was behavioral. Then the rest of the day involved a tour, panel and mixer to get to know the other employees. They gave you a very good sense of the company but it was 2-3 hours too long.

Interview Questions

• How much money was spent on graduation parties in the U.S. in 2014?   Answer Question

Interactive Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Began with a recruiter who got me a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited in for the interview process which included a presentation of my portfolio and experience and then had individual meetings with 3 directors. I was then given a small marketing project to create in 1 hour with a small team including a writer and designer. Upon completion I presented our solution to the VP.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this marketing challenge?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was given a case study and I was asked to determine market size of graduation population. In addition to this, we were asked generic marketing questions to devise a strategy for the market segment of graduates.

Interview Questions

• What is the market size for graduation parties in the US?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Full day event from 8:00-5:00 included speech from VP, panel Q&A, tour, 3 one hour interviews. Helpful in getting to know the company at a deeper level. Day was very organized and structured. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Free lunch and snacks throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

Very comprehensive, met with several people from different departments. Asked lots of insightful questions. Explained role and organization in a way that was easy to understand. Strong culture. Strong management function at company and management development program. Enjoyed hearing about company growth and expansion and opportunity for growth roles from within.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2014.

Interview

This was for a non-entry-level posisition. You are contacted first by email, then by phone with the recruiter; if all good, you get another phone interview with a manager; if all good, you get a in-office interview which normally last around 4 hours, which is the last step.

In this last step, I was given a real case-study, with literally just pen, paper and a simple calculator. After an hour, I had to present my findings to a couple of subject-matter experts. After that I had a 1:1 with a marketing manager, then another 1:1 with the team leader, and lastly a quick wrap up and office tour with someone from HR.

I had never been in such a detailed hiring process, so I kinda liked it; BUT it was painfully long. The whole thing lasted almost 4 months. Between the last step and the final decision was made, they took 1.5 months!! In all honesty, after waiting so long for a decision, you loose interest. At the end I think I didn't even want to be elected for the job... although Vistaprint has among the highest salaries in Barcelona, so... probably I would have accepted anyway hehe.

My background is on ecommerce, and the position needed a stronger business analytics background, so I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember one. I know I struggled the most with detailed business optimization questions, like details on how to reduce product costs, and alike.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I started with an on campus interview. It was pretty relaxed with standard behavioral questions. I then was invited to their Lexington office for a final round interview that went from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.. It consisted of 3 interviews. One behavioral and 2 case studies. The rest of the time was filled with information sessions, a tour of the office, and an office happy hour at the end of the day. It was very informative, but it was a LONG day. They made their decisions quickly and even took the time to call me to tell me that I did not receive an offer. Overall I was impressed with the thought they put into the whole process.