Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.2

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Flew us over and booked us in a nice hotel. The night before was a mixer with a few panels detailing life at VistaPrint. They really did outdo themselves with their recruiting - one of the best attempts at getting the finalists to get excited about Vistaprint.

Three interviews the next day: analytical skills, coding, and fit

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a position in the Waltham HQ and received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview went really well, and she asked if I would be interested in a different position that is actually closer to my current city. I then had another phone interview with the hiring manager for that position, which also went very well. I had my in-person a week or so later, which took 5 hours and I met with four different people for about 45 min to an hour each. The interviews went well, except for one where the guy was rude and told me he didn't really see the need for the position I was interviewing for (it was a new position). However, the overall feedback from my in-person was positive, and I was asked to have another 45 minute Skype interview with someone at the Waltham office. That also went well, according to the recruiter, and then I was told to wait as the completed interviews with the other candidates.

So I waited... and waited. For two months! I checked in with the recruiter every week or two and was continually told that I was a top candidate and that the delay was due to scheduling challenges with finishing the other interviews. Finally, after two months post-interview, I told them I was moving forward with final interviews with other companies and really needed to know where I stood. Their response was that they were not going to move forward with me, as they've decided they need someone with product development experience--which I don't have, but it was not in the job description or mentioned to me at any point during the lengthy process leading up to this conversation. Apparently the delay was actually because they were still trying to find someone with the skills I have plus product development experience and weren't finding anyone, and they decided they would rather keep looking.

The recruiter then suggested that I talk to another recruiter about the position I had originally applied for in Waltham! And then I never heard from either recruiter, despite following up.

TL;DR--I invested a lot of time and effort into the interview process, and was led on for two months afterwards before being rejected for not having skills in an area that was never mentioned to me during the application or interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to using research to solve X. (each person I met with presented me with a different business problem they were facing)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The overall process took a few months. First, HR screening through the phone. Second, phone interview with senior employee. Third, on site brief interview. Fourth, 2 back to back technical interview on skills and past experiences.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bārdaw (Tunisia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Bārdaw (Tunisia)).

Interview

Phone screening with someone from Barcelona at the beginning in which we discussed a little about my background and about the next interview, then I had an appoitment in the Vistaprint site for a face to face interview where I was asked about my background then a technical interview with a simple but challenging question.

Interview Questions

• Solve a logical question treating a virtual basket and its complexity.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was given a case study. I quickly developed a method to test the problem at hand so the tester kept adding new information to foil my methods. Just be comfortable going back to the beginning and reworking it. They won't make it impossible to address.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience, asked me to review a customer flow problem using examples from the site and identify potential causes.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

First you have a talk with a recruiter. Then a phone interview is scheduled. The phone interview includes coding, problem solving and architecture. Then interview on site is scheduled - there are 4 interviews 1 hours each which check all different aspects: coding, architecture design, behavioral.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy Question were quite straightforward Doesnt require special skill to answer these question
    After applying online got call in a week after that an onsite interview
    After interview got an offer within 2 days.
    Declined offer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

After a headhunter sent my application, a recruiter from the company contacted me. In the next couple of weeks, I went through a technical phone interview and an onsite interview. During the onsite interview, each interviewer brought a few sheets of prepared questions/problems with them and without wasting any time, dived right into the technical quizzes.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented designs, implementations; Some common data structure questions.   Answer Question

Senior Copywriter Freelance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with another Senior Writer who seemed caught off guard with conducting a phone interview. He was very nice and a little flustered, but once we began to chat he seemed to settle down and ask questions about my experience. Direct mail, email campaigns, Facebook, landing pages and digital in general comprised the bulk of my experience, which were the key words he was looking for. We began to build an easy rapport.

Interview Questions

• He wanted to know what current advertising campaigns I liked. He was patient and not demanding when I thought for a moment about my answer.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone call with HR, then with the HM followed by 4 hour onsite interview. All interviewer were easy going. Questions on your technical knowledge, past experience and what are you looking for in future jobs

Interview Questions

• business case about train station congestion, describe all products you have worked with and lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question