Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

it was very straight forward - i was asked to meet 4 different people, but none of them actually in the group i will be joining. I was asked to explain my past working experience, my personal interest, the cases i have worked on, and some technical questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone call with HR, then with the HM followed by 4 hour onsite interview. All interviewer were easy going. Questions on your technical knowledge, past experience and what are you looking for in future jobs

Interview Questions

• business case about train station congestion, describe all products you have worked with and lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA).

Interview

The first step involved a thirty minute phone conversation with a human resources manager about my background and experience.
    Next step was a second phone interview with the hiring manager which was very brief and again was focused on the manager understanding my background and specific experiences in more depth than what was on my resume.
    The third step was an in-person interview which lasted about two and a half hours. The first half hour was a conversation with one of the department managers, then one hour for the case study. The last hour was split between a half hour talking with someone in a position that would be working closely with the positon I was applying for and then last half hour (or less) was meeting in-person with the hiring manager that conducted my second phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In your last position, what was something that you wanted to do or learn that you weren't able to?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths & weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with challenges or problems that you need to solve quickly & efficiently?   1 Answer

General Labourer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

went through a temp agency, not really an interview but tested my hand and eye coordination and speed. informed me about the company and expectations. Said she thought I would really enjoy working here and that many people start out with the temp agency before being hired permanently and full-time.

Interview Questions

• are you available for all three shifts? do you have safety glasses and safety shoes? How quickly can you assemble this? Are you available to start immediately?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I spoke with an in-house recruiter. We had the standard conversation about my background and what the company is doing and what they are looking for. The recruiter stated that they do heavy object orientation and specifically asked me how comfortable I was doing OOP, which I am very confident in my knowledge.

I was asked to submit a coding sample from a vendor they use. The problem is a timed test with a business problem to solve. Given their stated desire for strong OOP, I wrote several data classes and abstract services, which covered various areas of functionality that the business problem requires to solve. The submission is validated for correctness by their vendor and it worked perfectly.

Their evaluation of my answer was that it was 'too large'. Apparently, they are not as interested in OOP as they might claim, or there is a disconnect is what one person says vs. another, or perhaps out of shear laziness they don't want to evaluate a solution that is more SOLID (and longer).

My advice to you if you happen to stumble into their process, is to write a substandard piece of code that cannot have its individual pieces easily unit tested, dependency injected, or separates out concerns because that appears to be what they want.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with Object Oriented programming?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people form 3 different teams and spent 30 minutes with each person. They mostly asked questions about my work experience and assessing if it met their needs.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions for a PM, e.g. 'How do you prioritize'.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 15 minute phone screen just for them to get to know me, and I moved on to a one hour technical interview which was pretty straightforward so I got moved to onsite in Waltham for 3 one hour technical interviews. I stumbled on one of them, which ended up costing me.

Interview Questions

• How many hotel-sized shampoo bottles are produced in the world every year?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round online test
    2nd round on campus interview
    3 round final round - 3 rounds 1. technical (asked to use pseudo codes to find remainder of number) 2. behavioral 3.marketing case (to start a new business)

Interview Questions

• how to find the remainder for number using only basic logicals answer no operators like %   1 Answer

Strategic Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, first with the customer service manager and then with his boss. After that they invited me to have a all inverview day in its office in Barcelona. I had more than 5 interviews, 2 business cases to resolve, free food
    In the interview you need to explain with a lot of details all your experience, then you need to resolve 2 business cases, also you need to prepare a presentation and there are more than 2 people asking you in order to see your knowledge

Interview Questions

• Tell me all your experience, why you, resolve a business case about problems in train station   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2015.

Interview

I only had one on campus interview with 2 people. Each interview was around half an hour each. One was object oriented design, the other was programming. I received an offer for my internship shortly after my interview, within one to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator? (Object Oriented Design)   Answer Question