Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.2

Leitender Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winterthur (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Winterthur (Switzerland)) in September 2014.

Interview

Ich hatte ein erstes Telefongespräch mit einem Typen aus der Personalabteilung. Dann hatte ich ein technisches Telefongespräch mit einem anderen Software-Entwickler. In diesem Vorstellungsgespräch wurde ich gebeten, eine simple Programmier-Aufgabe und eine simple Architektur-Aufgabe (UML, Vererbung) zu lösen. Danach wurde ich nach Winterthur zu einem über-vierstündigen Vorstellungsgespräch mit mehreren Abschnitten eingeladen: Programmierung, O-O-Design (Architektur), Problemlösung und Kommunikation und einige Gespräche über mich und das Unternehmen. Ich wurde immer nur von einem Befrager gleichzeitig interviewt und die Atmosphäre war entspannt. Sie waren auch offen bezüglich der Vor- und Nachteile des Unternehmens.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter who went over possible positions for me. Went into the interview for 6 hours with 5 different people. The first 4 interviews were coding tests, and the 4th one specifically was revolving around classes and OOP (coupons and coupon codes). The 5th interview was a thought question on how to optimize a specific system.

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2014.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews and one face to face interviews. The first telephone interview was with HR and very basic then the second telephone interview was with the two hiring managers. I was asked a series of questions mostly related wit my experience. The face to face interview was a whole day process meeting the hiring managers, members of the team, I was also given case studies. Although the hiring decision took longer than expected I was kept informed the entire time and was given feedback from my interview.

Interview Questions

• Business case was to evaluate an email campaign template and a basic ROI analysis.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Applied online, eventually someone in HR reaches out to you to schedule a phone interview with a manager of the area you will be working in. There are some questions about your background and occasionally a weed-out question for more technical roles.
    If you pass that, they bring you in. College hires will participate in a "Super Day" event where they wine and dine you as you visit the office and interview with several people. For QA it is much smaller since they only hire a handful each year now.

There are 3 interviews. An abstract problem solving interview (how many X does it take to do Y), technical interview (SQL based or OO code based), and a behavioral interview (background mostly).

Interview Questions

• Design a database suitable for an airline and write some queries.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls fit in a bus ? OR How many bars of soap are needed for the state?
      The answer is not important they just want to see you think and how you draw conclusions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation if any for college hires. They do have a signing bonus

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I thought the interview process went very well. The recruiter was very optimistic so I was surprised when I did not get the job. I had what I considered an extra interview and I suspected it was to keep interest while they looked to see if they could find someone better.

Interview Questions

• The interview was HIGHLY technical and felt more like a certification exam than an interview of my ability to meet the job requirements or expectations.   Answer Question

Email Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

This was a long 3 hour interview for a summer internship at their HQ in Lexington, MA. I had 3 one hour sessions back-to-back-to-back. The first was a mini case study that I went over with some aid from the interviewer. The next round was a one-on-one regular interview and the last was a two-on-one interview. The case study was tough because there were so many solutions you can come up with. The other interviews weren't bad at all.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember much but the case study was the toughest thing   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

They had me for an on campus interview where I did a 30 min technical (basic statistics+graphs) paper/pencil test, followed by behavioral questions. Afterwards they flew me to Boston for a full day interview followed by night bowling event. Overall a great experience!

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in February 2012.

Interview

Initial telephone contact by HR to clarify details of resume. One week later followed-up phone interview by technical manager and team member. Contact by HR for scheduling of (8-hour!) interview process. The 5-6 interviews consisted of meeting either individually or in a group. The interviewers were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Whether advertisement on hotel shampoo bottles would be a good investment for the company. (i.e. had to calculate the number of hotel shampoo bottles used worldwide per day) That was a fun one.   1 Answer
    • Asked somewhat detailed technical questions from work done a decade ago.   1 Answer

Online Marketing Specialist DACH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

I applied for the position 2 weeks ago and was contacted immidiatly by their HR team for 1 hour interview via phone. I basically had to explain my resume in detail and also answer questions to my persona like: What are your weak and strong points? Why would you like to work at Vistaprint etc.

I was told that a second interview with the hiring manager would follow and promptly got invited to their offices in Barcelona. Their offices are amazing, only HR occupies an entire floor. I was interviewed by the HR Manager, which was very friendly and easy. Then I met the hiring manager and a team member. The interview was difficult and there were several technical questions involved.

After an hour interview I got contacted straight away again inviting me for a 3rd interview the same week, but this time a entire day ( 7 hours with 8 different managers and coworkers) to do case studies. The day before the interview I was contacted again informing me that there was a mistake and that I should have gotten a case study to resolve and to be sent back before my last interview round. I received the email ( after asking for it) at around 6 pm having the interview next day at 9.30 am, together with the schedule for my interviews. The case study was about general online marketing knowledge, however with the brief time I had left it was almost impossible to do a good presentation ( in Power Point and Excel) as requested. I also had a look at the interview schedule and was a bit shocked to see that in 7 hour interview, there was not one minute break ( apart from a lunch break together with a intern !?!) which made me reconsider the offer.

At this point it was already way into the night and I was still working on my presentation which was impossible to finish for the next day. After reading comments on people working at Vistaprint I deceided to cancel my interview and decline the offer as I felt that I would not be comfortable working at Vistaprint.

Interview Questions

• Who are our main compatitors? Which are 5 of the most important websites in Germany? What is retargeting?   Answer Question