Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

3.2

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

This was one of the longest and useless interviews I have ever experienced. I had initially applied online and was contacted after one week by HR for a phone screen. After one more week I was asked to phone interview with the hiring manager and so I did and we spoke for approximately 45 minutes. The conversation went well but I never heard anything from them for about one month later. Apparently they had several candidates go through the entire process but could not find a match (red flag!). The HR manager called me after a month and invited to fly me to Boston for 2 days of interviews (4 hours each day). I agreed as they were going to pay for all expenses. Upon reflection, it was not worth the hassle. I spent two days interviewing with a total of 8 people plus had to perform a case interview the first day and role play on a real life company situation the second day. They were basically able to use me like their own personal monkey in a suit for these two days. When I finally finished, the HR manager walked me out of the building, told me he would debrief with the team on the next morning and I would hear from him “either way” within the next 24 hours. I never received a call, email, nothing! Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time type questions along with STAR questions   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2012.

Interview

2 phonecalls, one from HR and one with the technical lead

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a nice HR lady who set up a time for me to talk to her.
    My first interview was a phone interview with her - standard HR stuff.
    My second phone interview was with a senior project manager.
    As a college student looking for a software engineering internship, I expected some variation of data structures questions, and general coding questions. However, I got nothing like the other questions I've seen on this site, or at any tech interview I've had. The interviewer instead asked me project manager and database questions which I had no experience with. When I could not answer correctly, the interviewer lamented my lack of experience in these areas. I came out of the whole experience irritated by the heavy corporate feel of the company, and the interview questions that had no relevance to my experience - they should not have given me an interview in the first place since they clearly were not looking for my skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe how many tables you would need and how you would set up a database for an airport, airplane, flight, city.   Answer Question
    • From a sys admin perspective, how would you approach task X?   Answer Question

Lead QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

They do the Phone Interview with couple of HR people before they pass it to Technical People. They do another round of phone interviews with Managerial level people before they call you for 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• They have some kind of Numbered questions where they ask you to count the quantities and relevant benefits.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes we have to negotiate to get the best offer. HR people are pretty good about it.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview.

Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

A lot of hurry up and wait.

The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution.

When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!)

I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2011.

Interview

This was one of the worst interviewing experiences I have encountered. 4 hours of interviews stacked back to back. That is fine, been there done that but generally people take the time to ask you if you need water, a break or just a general pulse on how you are holding up.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to problem solve a scenario they describe to you in no or little details.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2011.

Interview

I had 5 phone interviews, spread in time over 3 months. 4 weeks after the last phone call I was invited to the face-to-face meetings, which included 6 1:1 meetings, 1 case study and 1 panel/group presentation based on case-study as well.

The interviews felt more like exams rather than conversations and I sensed a bit of arrogance among my interviewers. My impression was that since I had no prior Internet/e-commerce experience they were trying to show me how little I knew about the sector. I found it weird.

After all these hours spent on interviewing, I was not offered the job and I was told that my analytical skills were not strong enough for the position. Only then I was also informed that this position was actually 90% about the analysis, which surprised me and annoyed me for two main reasons: first, if I knew this was analytics rather than holistic product management job I would not apply at all; secondly they could have clarified this long before.

My advice to candidates is: get prepared as for the interviews in consulting.
    My advice to recruiters in VistaPrint is: be clear on who you are looking for - if it is a person with finance/consulting/IT background - communicate this upfront to avoid disappointment on both sides.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the traffic on train station?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Marketing Manager, interview in office with various different managers. Process took around 1 month in total from sending CV to job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't one.

Business & Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint in November 2010.

Interview

There is a weekend long recruiting event with many networking meals and a whole day of tours and interviewing. The building was gorgeous and everyone was very friendly.

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

First on-campus interviews followed by on-site interview.

On Site was 3 continuous 1-hour interviews.
    2 Case-based + 1 Technical
    Cases were unlike the usual consulting case interviews
    Technical involved statistics and knowledge of SQL