Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in June 2012.

Interview

The process was very slow. I got in contact with them trough linkedin and the first thing they ask me was to answer to a questionnaire where I mainly had to explain the reason why I wanted to work with them and why I was the right person for the position. These question became a constant in the interview process and where asked over and over, by the hiring manager and all the HR representative. I finally got a phone interview, and everything went quiet smoothie, followed by a manager phone call in which he explain me in detail the department and the working environment, however not going into details on the position and what exactly was my job. It was not defined yet. It seemed they wanted to be sure I was the right person for the job but they didn’t have clear what my job exactly was. I got called for the interview, it was a day process from 9 am to about 4 pm, where I got interviewed by different managers in different departments. The fist two cases where problem solving, analytic issues etc. The questions where very simple, but hard to understand due to the acent of the interviewer and how they develop the issue, with no detail or full information there was no specific question they simply wanted to see how you think. I had difficult in the calculation as you don’t have a calculator you are suppose to do everything with your head. I relaxed myself as the interview went on and in the second case I genuinely thought I used good analytic skills to solve all the issues. I had difficult to understand the connection between Vistaprint job and the question I was asked ( something about a train being late, how to divide a cake minimizing the number of cut, and how many restaurants are in Barcelona). I finished the 6 hours interview process happy of my results and sure I had a good chance. However after over a week there were no news from the company. I finally contact them by mail. They called me the next day, to tell me my analytic skills were not strong enough for them. Fair enough, I wrote down a mail with all the specific problems we have been trough in each interview and I sent it to every single manager. My questions were very specific and detailed, and this is why I wanted an answer. No answer came back from the manager, however I got called again from the HR girl, she thank me for taking the time sending them the mail, and answered to all the questions I had with the same thing: very creative, but your analytic skills are not strong enough for our company. Fair enough.

Interview Questions

• Calculate how many restaurants are in Barcelona   1 Answer

QA Test Lead Engineer-sap Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was initially interviewed for the position by the HR recruiter, then she set me up for another phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well with the hiring manager. I was then set up with another phone interview with a project manager. The interview went well. I was then ask to come for a face to face interview to meet the hiring team. I was interview by 7 people for the job. A very lenghty interview process where one was technical interview, the other are normal HR and behavioral and another on QA process etc... Process was lenghty but wait time was short for a decision

Interview Questions

• One of the case study was that I was given a calculator on a printed paper and was asked about how will I test it?
      The second was to test my analytical skill and was to describe how will I handle the below situation:
      You use a device to receive goods from 2 plants. The receipt from plant A is just fine and the receit from plan B is slow. What could be the possible scenarios that could have gone wrong   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

This was one of the longest and useless interviews I have ever experienced. I had initially applied online and was contacted after one week by HR for a phone screen. After one more week I was asked to phone interview with the hiring manager and so I did and we spoke for approximately 45 minutes. The conversation went well but I never heard anything from them for about one month later. Apparently they had several candidates go through the entire process but could not find a match (red flag!). The HR manager called me after a month and invited to fly me to Boston for 2 days of interviews (4 hours each day). I agreed as they were going to pay for all expenses. Upon reflection, it was not worth the hassle. I spent two days interviewing with a total of 8 people plus had to perform a case interview the first day and role play on a real life company situation the second day. They were basically able to use me like their own personal monkey in a suit for these two days. When I finally finished, the HR manager walked me out of the building, told me he would debrief with the team on the next morning and I would hear from him “either way” within the next 24 hours. I never received a call, email, nothing! Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time type questions along with STAR questions   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2012.

Interview

2 phonecalls, one from HR and one with the technical lead

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a nice HR lady who set up a time for me to talk to her.
    My first interview was a phone interview with her - standard HR stuff.
    My second phone interview was with a senior project manager.
    As a college student looking for a software engineering internship, I expected some variation of data structures questions, and general coding questions. However, I got nothing like the other questions I've seen on this site, or at any tech interview I've had. The interviewer instead asked me project manager and database questions which I had no experience with. When I could not answer correctly, the interviewer lamented my lack of experience in these areas. I came out of the whole experience irritated by the heavy corporate feel of the company, and the interview questions that had no relevance to my experience - they should not have given me an interview in the first place since they clearly were not looking for my skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe how many tables you would need and how you would set up a database for an airport, airplane, flight, city.   Answer Question
    • From a sys admin perspective, how would you approach task X?   Answer Question

Lead QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

They do the Phone Interview with couple of HR people before they pass it to Technical People. They do another round of phone interviews with Managerial level people before they call you for 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• They have some kind of Numbered questions where they ask you to count the quantities and relevant benefits.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes we have to negotiate to get the best offer. HR people are pretty good about it.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview.

Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

A lot of hurry up and wait.

The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution.

When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!)

I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint in July 2011.

Interview

This was one of the worst interviewing experiences I have encountered. 4 hours of interviews stacked back to back. That is fine, been there done that but generally people take the time to ask you if you need water, a break or just a general pulse on how you are holding up.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to problem solve a scenario they describe to you in no or little details.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2011.

Interview

I had 5 phone interviews, spread in time over 3 months. 4 weeks after the last phone call I was invited to the face-to-face meetings, which included 6 1:1 meetings, 1 case study and 1 panel/group presentation based on case-study as well.

The interviews felt more like exams rather than conversations and I sensed a bit of arrogance among my interviewers. My impression was that since I had no prior Internet/e-commerce experience they were trying to show me how little I knew about the sector. I found it weird.

After all these hours spent on interviewing, I was not offered the job and I was told that my analytical skills were not strong enough for the position. Only then I was also informed that this position was actually 90% about the analysis, which surprised me and annoyed me for two main reasons: first, if I knew this was analytics rather than holistic product management job I would not apply at all; secondly they could have clarified this long before.

My advice to candidates is: get prepared as for the interviews in consulting.
    My advice to recruiters in VistaPrint is: be clear on who you are looking for - if it is a person with finance/consulting/IT background - communicate this upfront to avoid disappointment on both sides.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the traffic on train station?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Barcelona (Spain)) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Marketing Manager, interview in office with various different managers. Process took around 1 month in total from sending CV to job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't one.