Vistaprint Interview Questions in Lexington, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

3.3

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Full day event from 8:00-5:00 included speech from VP, panel Q&A, tour, 3 one hour interviews. Helpful in getting to know the company at a deeper level. Day was very organized and structured. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Free lunch and snacks throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was a 1 hour long interview that involved 1 case question. It was challenging but they just want to know your thought process. Then we were invited to the office for a day long interview. I was there 10 hours from start to finish. The morning involved 3 one hour long interviews, two were cases and one was behavioral. Then the rest of the day involved a tour, panel and mixer to get to know the other employees. They gave you a very good sense of the company but it was 2-3 hours too long.

Interview Questions

• How much money was spent on graduation parties in the U.S. in 2014?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

very laborious process involving multiple interviews, if you are a referral, you stand a better chance. the interviewer was switched in the last minute for my phone interview and they seem to be not prepared. not sure if it was a rare occurrence, but I got called in for in-person

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Recently worked with a corporate recruiter hiring in the very earliest phase of interviewing.

The recruiter did his homework, was very thorough, and empathetically understood my position, current position, commute, and personality, like no other that I've ever communicated with in the last 22 years.

I am looking but not ready technically to handle myself in a rigorous interviewing process so we both decided to wait some time for me to come up to speed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

it was very straight forward - i was asked to meet 4 different people, but none of them actually in the group i will be joining. I was asked to explain my past working experience, my personal interest, the cases i have worked on, and some technical questions.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Internal reference, but excessive interview process relative to the position and salary. I'm not sure the people interviewing really know what they want or at least don't seem to clearly articulate the context of their questions and concerns.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Vistaprint has a fairly thorough yet quick interviewing process. First, you get a call from the recruiter to discuss which job opportunities are available. Next, you speak with the hiring manager in a phone interview. The last step is a onsite interview with the hiring manager and the few other people that you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions are general sysadmin type questions. An admin with at least 2 years experience should be able to answer them no problem. The interviews are interactive so there is a lot of whiteboard demonstrations.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA).

Interview

HR setup an initial technical phone interview with a QA engineer and the screening lasted an hour. Questions asked:
    Explain the database model for Airlines, How do you test a calculator, Different testing techniques you used, How do you test the high risk areas of an application differently than other areas, Explain the automation framework you have developed, How do you test an application with multiple sets of data, What was your role in last project, What did you learn from your last project.
    I cleared the phone interview and went in for a face to face which consited of half day with 4 different interviewers and vistaprint sponsored lunch.
    I was in a very small room with a board.
    First round was with automation engineer
    1) object oriented programming basic concepts definitions, and one simple coding exercise, you can write in any language you are familiar with
    2) DBMS definitions questions. Then he will give a printed database design and ask queries to write on board based on that DB model.
    Second round was QA methodologies kind of questions.
    Third round was problem solving
    Lunch
    4th round was with QA manager, he would ask behavioral and past experience questions
    HR will come back and do wrap up.
    They told they will take a decision in 2 days and let me know. But havent heard back from them yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I started with an on campus interview. It was pretty relaxed with standard behavioral questions. I then was invited to their Lexington office for a final round interview that went from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.. It consisted of 3 interviews. One behavioral and 2 case studies. The rest of the time was filled with information sessions, a tour of the office, and an office happy hour at the end of the day. It was very informative, but it was a LONG day. They made their decisions quickly and even took the time to call me to tell me that I did not receive an offer. Overall I was impressed with the thought they put into the whole process.

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Recruiter was really supportive from beginning till end but it all worth nothing. They have 1 phone interview then onsite round which would be like whole day activity. Interview consisted of behavioral, logical, just scenario based seeking leadership qualities and one technical. Basically they would engage your for whole day with various anonymous rounds)
    They have one developer to take your technical round who will usually ask database question and simple query and one simple coding question-level of question is too low. if you know more than developer then you are wrong because he did not understand what you tried to explain. He asked me to implement database and I designed database using one of most popular data model which helps improving performance for Big data. Since developer did not had any knowledge about big data, data modelling, star schema..so he kept asking me importance of fact table which was frustrating.
    I already had an offer which was way more than what Vistaprint could afford so they came back with silly feedback that developer didn't see what he was looking for which means my candidacy was totally dependent on single interviewer(that Developer who had shallow knowledge) and rest of the rounds were useless and just a waste of time. Out of 6 rounds which all went well from my side, I was told only technical round mattered .
    So Unprofessional..bad interview experience.They interview level is easy but its all adhoc and random. some of the interviewer might not show up so juts random unprepared employee would be send in to kill your time