Vistaprint Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistaprint Product Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was the absolute longest interview process I have ever been in. The first phone interview was in the beginning of October 2016. I had 3 different phone interviews between October 2016 and December 2016. The communication during this time period was extremely lacking. They would say they would contact me the next week. 3 weeks later, after a couple emails from me, I would finally get a response to the last email I had sent. Final phone interview was mid December 2016. They said I would hear back by the end of December. By the second week of January, I emailed them looking for a response. I tried to give them the benefit because of the holiday. No response. Emailed again end of January. Second week of February finally got an email back asking me to come into the office for an interview and looking for my availability for the next week. My week was already scheduled for my current job and I live in a different state. Explained this and gave other specific dates and times I was available and explained these were the only dates I had available in the coming couple of weeks. They emailed me back trying to schedule me on any day I did not state availability on. They kept trying to get me to come in at 8:00 am on a Wednesday. I explained again that unfortunately that would not work for me as I would be coming in from out of State and did not have that date available. They continued to push for every day I did not state I had available. I finally got frustrated and had enough of the obvious lack of reading my emails and let them know I would not be moving forward with their company. I have never seen a company less organized with their recruiting and hiring process before. I really hope no one else experiences this.

Interview Questions

• What job qualities do you currently hold that would help you in this position?   Answer Question
  • How did you handle a situation with a customer who was upset?   Answer Question

Vistaprint Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hello, I am sorry we took so long responding between interviews and were not accommodating for someone coming from out of state. Please let us know if you would be interested in further talking about... More

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people form 3 different teams and spent 30 minutes with each person. They mostly asked questions about my work experience and assessing if it met their needs.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions for a PM, e.g. 'How do you prioritize'.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2011.

Interview

I had 5 phone interviews, spread in time over 3 months. 4 weeks after the last phone call I was invited to the face-to-face meetings, which included 6 1:1 meetings, 1 case study and 1 panel/group presentation based on case-study as well.

The interviews felt more like exams rather than conversations and I sensed a bit of arrogance among my interviewers. My impression was that since I had no prior Internet/e-commerce experience they were trying to show me how little I knew about the sector. I found it weird.

After all these hours spent on interviewing, I was not offered the job and I was told that my analytical skills were not strong enough for the position. Only then I was also informed that this position was actually 90% about the analysis, which surprised me and annoyed me for two main reasons: first, if I knew this was analytics rather than holistic product management job I would not apply at all; secondly they could have clarified this long before.

My advice to candidates is: get prepared as for the interviews in consulting.
    My advice to recruiters in VistaPrint is: be clear on who you are looking for - if it is a person with finance/consulting/IT background - communicate this upfront to avoid disappointment on both sides.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the traffic on train station?   1 Answer