Vistaprint Segment Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Segment Marketing Director Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Vistaprint in December 2009.

Interview

Bizarre, drawn out and peculiar best describe my interview experience. The belabored process consisted of three phone interviews, two case studies and thirteen 1:1 in person interviews. And, I only made it through the first round which required an investment of at least 13 hours, excluding prep time. How many people does it take to make a decision in this place?

In the beginning, communication with HR was steady. While being prepped by HR for my in person interviews, they told me many of the people I was going to meet had pretty good poker face's and it would be hard to tell if they liked me. Is there some rationale to this? A little positive reinforcement and a sense of welcome when you meet a candidate you like seems like a better approach.

Post interview follow-up was decent but then dramatically dropped off. Several follow-up emails and calls later regarding my candidacy I was informed that the hiring manager needed to meet more candidates before making a hiring decision. I was a bit surprised because HR had previously told me they had narrowed the field of ~40 strong candidates to myself and two others. Disappointed, I remained optimistic because I was told that I was still being considered.

Several weeks, emails and phone follow-ups later I found myself chasing them not only for an update on my candidacy but for my reimbursement expenses too. My inquiries requesting the status of my candidacy were completely ignored. I found this extremely rude and unprofessional, especially if I was still in contention.

The rest of this long story made short, I interviewed in mid-February submitted my expense reports several days later and now in mid-April have yet to be fully reimbursed. Most recent communication was "the check is in the mail." It was the same day in a separate email that I was finally informed they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked a standard analytical consulting firm case study.   Answer Question