Vistaprint Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vistaprint Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

very laborious process involving multiple interviews, if you are a referral, you stand a better chance. the interviewer was switched in the last minute for my phone interview and they seem to be not prepared. not sure if it was a rare occurrence, but I got called in for in-person

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

First you have a talk with a recruiter. Then a phone interview is scheduled. The phone interview includes coding, problem solving and architecture. Then interview on site is scheduled - there are 4 interviews 1 hours each which check all different aspects: coding, architecture design, behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I spoke with an in-house recruiter. We had the standard conversation about my background and what the company is doing and what they are looking for. The recruiter stated that they do heavy object orientation and specifically asked me how comfortable I was doing OOP, which I am very confident in my knowledge.

I was asked to submit a coding sample from a vendor they use. The problem is a timed test with a business problem to solve. Given their stated desire for strong OOP, I wrote several data classes and abstract services, which covered various areas of functionality that the business problem requires to solve. The submission is validated for correctness by their vendor and it worked perfectly.

Their evaluation of my answer was that it was 'too large'. Apparently, they are not as interested in OOP as they might claim, or there is a disconnect is what one person says vs. another, or perhaps out of shear laziness they don't want to evaluate a solution that is more SOLID (and longer).

My advice to you if you happen to stumble into their process, is to write a substandard piece of code that cannot have its individual pieces easily unit tested, dependency injected, or separates out concerns because that appears to be what they want.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with Object Oriented programming?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

They ask the same qustions over and over to everyone. Asked me some dumb question about shampoo bottles.