Vistaprint Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.1

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vistaprint in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through a career fair and received two one hour interviews back to back. The questions were pretty simple on the outset, so it was mostly a test of one's thinking process and thoroughness. The interviews were almost entirely answering coding questions. There wasn't strictly a behavioral portion; just a chance to ask the interviewers about their positions. Be prepared to mention what projects you've worked on, though.

Interview Questions

• Design an elevator shaft using object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vistaprint

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc.
    I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard.
    1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram.
    2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions

• The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Questions

• Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem.

I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it.

After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Worcester, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Intense, met with three different people over 3 hours. Had a phone interview first that asked basic coding questions and then came for an in person interview that lasted 3 + hours.

Interview Questions

• How many shampoo bottles does one hotel in New York City need per day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Found them at the career fair, had dinner with them and then a first round interview on campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions of 45 minutes. Then, I got invited the very next evening to their Super Saturday Weekend Event from Friday night to Sunday. Friday night was a lot of fun and I talked to a lot of Vistaprint employees, and the Charles Hotel they invite you too was very nice. On Saturday morning, they drove us to their office and we had a tour, and then 3 one hour interviews (depends on your group). One of the interviews was problem solving, and the other two were design/coding questions. Interviewers were really cool and worked with you towards your solution instead of trying to stump you. Afterwards, they had a company wide event at a bar/restaurant/bowling alley with free food and drinks! it was really fun!

after 3 days, I heard back from them that I got an offer. The hr is excellent for college recruiting and they get back to you fast!

Interview Questions

• Signed a disclosure form, so I can't say it. There were no "tricky" / classic interview questions though   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer very well for college grads (although the price of living is very high for that area)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I interviewed at Vistaprint (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I interviewed on campus and was asked a string pattern matching question. Once I answered the question, I was asked to optimize on the method and get a better solution. It lasted for about 30 mins. And then I was directly called on-site for the next round.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got a phone interview via Campus Recruiting. The question was finding the missing number in a 1-1000 array in which the number was replaced by -1 and the array was randomly ordered.

Got the Super Saturday onsite interview right after my phone interview ends, in less than 3 hours. I was amazed by the speed.

Went to Great Boston Area on the Super Saturday with many other candidates. Friday night was purely networking. Talked with many people from software team and after that was discussion panel.

Then, on Saturday, the first thing was touring around the company with no one inside. This REALLY cannot give people a brief idea on how the company likes. After a brief lunch with a lot of current employees, I was given three 1:1 interviews, an OO Design question, the shampoo question, a coupon question(tho it was labeled as coding question, I would rather say it was another but easier OO design question) and a behavioral question.

After this, on Saturday night, part of the interviewees were taked to a bar, where more networking happened.

My negative opinion on the interview: First, a lot of information was duplicated. The interview consists too much networking and talking with people inside the company. For example, the friday night networking and discussion panel; during Saturday lunch; on saturday night; during site tour. Mostly with same information which was apparently a time waste. Second, tour the empty building really cannot give much information on the company's culture.

Except for those, the overall experience for me is great. I can feel that all people inside the company are those who love their jobs and are proud of it. I can feel the passion. And also, I can feel the company is trying to give every interviewees a deep understanding of the company, tho they probably should balance their networking portion and give more information about the company culture. I can feel the company is aggressive in growth and is really wanting to hire more people. And their contacting are quick. Got the offer the Tuesday right after the Super Saturday event.

One thing I should say is, for this company, it is really important to view all events as an interview on your personality. Please talk to as many people as you can and ask them questions. It is very important. Although most events were labeled company-answering-question, if you were not active enough, those events could be a drawback.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i didn't negotiate since the offer was great and exactly what I want.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Apply this job on university career website. Have a phone screen at first. Simple programming question on finding missing number of an array. Got the onsite interview notification 30 minutes after the phone screen, Big Friday event. Three 1:1 interviews back-to-back. Question 1: estimate shampoo bottle consumption a year of the whole world. Question 2: OOP design a robot. Question 3: write a program to for coupon calculation.