Vistar Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.7

Manager, Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistar Corporation (Windsor, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone call to set up a phone screen followed by an e-mail rejection the very next day BEFORE the phone screen even occurred ?? What gives ?? I am not sure why they felt that was an appropriate way to handle themselves...but they did it anyway.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vistar Corporation (Pleasanton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call for a in person interview. Was set for the end of the week. Drove 75 miles for the interview, early in the morning for them to ask me two questions.

Commute

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vistar Corporation.

Interview

2-3 interviews. Show food and sales experience

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistar Corporation (Bolingbrook, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Normal process. Called for interview, offered the position, sent for drug screen, and started work. Interviewed with the operations manager and general manager. It wasn't a difficult interview, it was just different. The operations manager tried to appear intimidating while the general manager was friendly. Once you get to know them, you find out that's the way they are anyway.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions. It was all the normal interview questions that most people could answer without difficulty. The downside was that there were two managers in there and they played the "Good cop/ Bad cop" routine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Everyone starts at the same rate and then gets a raise after the first year based on your performance.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistar Corporation (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

First round is aptitude + technical round. There are questions on quants and logic and 2 programs out of three which are on basic concept. After clearing this round we are called to there office for technical interview. There are 2 technical round. In First round they start with some puzzle like wrong label on boxes,3 bulbs, magical pond etc. and we to answer at least 2 anyhow. Then they have our first round answer sheet from which they ask us to explain logic of program written in aptitude test or can give different program to write there. 2nd technical round is for checking more knowledge about our technical concept. Then the last round is HR round which is for formality.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vistar Corporation in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online through one of the standard application portals. The application was the usual, had to list job history, references, etc. The hiring manager seemed nice, he outlined the process and for the most part, stuck to the timeline he indicated. They narrowed the resumes down to 10, then had phone interviews, From the 10 candidates, they were narrowed down to 6 in-person panel interviews. This was to be narrowed down to 2, then a decision was to be made. I had a phone (30 minutes) and panel interview (45 minutes). It appeared that the same questions were asked of all candidates.

Interview Questions

• You look great on paper, how do we know that you won't live up to what's on your resume.   Answer Question