Vital Images Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vital Images Interview Questions

2.8

Upgrade Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vital Images (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview with them, and talked about the company. Then I went to their office in Minneapolis and had a great interview. Did not really feel like an interview, it was very laid back and I just talked about myself and what I did. I interviewed with 3 people in total. 2 for my technical background and one lady that was the manager for customer success support.

Interview Questions

• My experience with SQL, and if I had any experience with Microsoft server. Why did I choose Vital Images.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vital Images.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the HR team within a day. I then completed a 30 minute phone screen and was emailed by the team that evening to complete another phone screen in 2 days. From there, I interviewed in-person 5 days later and received an offer 1 week later. The total process length took 2-2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background, why Vital Images, what strengths can you bring to the team and the company, examples of work situations.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vital Images (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

* Phone with HR.
    * Phone with direct manager.
    * In-person with HR and direct manager, as well as team members.

HR interview went well, they were gauging the type of person I am, past history, those sorts of things. The phone interview with the direct manager was a bit more diverse technically (as my role weights in somewhat heavily on technical skill) but still seemed more interested to know the type of person I am, my interests, and what drives me.

The in-person interview with HR was pleasant, we re-capped some of the things we discussed. They also asked some questions regarding handling hypothetical scenarios, and describing obstacles overcome, projects, etc. The in-person interview with the direct manager which took place on the same day was great. We discussed some of the directions the company is going in regards to it's development processes, and what my (to-be) team would be collaboratively progressing to achieve. We also talked some more off-topic personal things, such as video games and beer. Overall the entire hiring process was quite relaxed and open: two things that are very important to building trust and a well-meshing team in my opinion.

If you are a person who prefers the typical corporate environment, where everyone keeps their emotions and feelings like a walled-garden, to do your job and leave at the end of the day: Vital might not be for you. If you like to be part of a team who cares, and a team who accomplishes great things together, all the while having fun with outings and such - hop on board!

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with .NET or Java development   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vital Images (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The standard HR then technical interview. The guy I interviewed with has a penchant for those types of "brain teaser" interview questions. I tend to hate those question because I think it says nothing about your skill set. The question was about if you had 2 glass balls, and a 100 story building, determine the floor where the glass ball will break.

If you're the type that likes these kind of brain teasers, this might be your place. If you're like me and think that while it might be interesting to think about, it really says nothing about what you're good at, then you really should avoid Vital.

Interview Questions

• A brain teaser where given a 100 story building and 2 glass balls, determine the floor where the glass ball breaks first.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vital Images (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I spoke to the employers at a career fair. I got an email after 2 weeks asking for a phone interview, and then they asked me to come to their office at Minnetonka. The on-site interview is with 3 employers

Regulatory Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vital Images.

Interview

-HR Phone Screen - average to tough screening. Asked many somewhat typical interview questions, but a couple were tough.
    -Phone interview with VP - easy to average interview. VP was friendly and discussed some off-topics, too, which was nice, just trying get to know me I think.

Interview Questions

• HR screen: Do you like working in a team or independently better?   Answer Question
    • HR screen: How does the quality of your work affect others?   Answer Question
    • HR screen: What obstacles have you overcome to achieve what you have in your career?   Answer Question
    • HR screen: How does accountability affect your work ethic?   Answer Question

Medical Imaging Scientist-intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vital Images in June 2013.

Interview

Step 1: Phone Interview by General HR
    Step 2: Phone Interview by a senior scientist
                 1. background check, elaborate related experiences
                 2. logical question: There are three boxes, each contains an orange, or an apple or a banana. They are labeled but all three labels are wrongly placed. Ask you how many times do you need to decide which box contains orange, banana and apple. Answer is 1 time.
                  3. Programing concepts: There is a 3D image contains a cube, a sphere. How would you detect these objects out. He said it is a open question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vital Images (Minnetonka, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied for a software developer position and several months later I received an invitation to do an interview. After a standard interview with a hr person, there was a technical phone screen on C++. The technical interview was being done by the VP of engineering, which seemed a bit awkward and left somewhat of a small company impression to me.

The phone screen itself consisted of pretty standard C++ questions on topics like operator overloading and polymorphism which the interviewer obviously read from a list. The interviewer seemed happy with textbook definitions of C++ concepts but when I departed from the standard textbook definition and explained a concept with an example, he hesitated and did not seem to understand the answer. I guess he was just reading questions with their answers from a list and if my response matched the answer he had on his list, he was happy. Otherwise, he just didn't know.

I would rate the interview being of average difficulty. A few days later I received a reply that I had not passed the interview. The same week I had a much more difficult C++ interview at another company which I did pass. So I am not sure whether it were the interviewer's C++ skills or my C++ skills that caused me not to pass.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vital Images in April 2016.

Interview

Very drawn out over many months with lots of changes of interview dates. No interview feedback was given despite such a long process and three interviews. I don't feel they value potential employees time and are quite unstructured.

Interview Questions

• Not structured questions that were part of the job description more off the cuff type questions.   Answer Question

Vital Images Response

Sep 9, 2016 – HR

Thank you for your review on our Marketing Interview Process. We appreciate your honest feedback and will do our best to ensure this is fixed for our future candidates.

Regulatory Affairs Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vital Images in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite.
    First phone interview: Basic HR
    Second phone interview: Lead Regulatory Personnel..........Asked lot of questions regarding regulatory related projects, International compliance, quality standards. Also asked about my thesis project

All the interviewer were really nice and were willing to listen about my projects.