Vitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitals (Lyndhurst, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role via LinkedIn and was contacted the next day. A phone interview followed the same week, then an in-person interview about a week later. Some time elapsed between that first round and the second (and final round) of interviews, which was perfectly understandable and acceptable to me; the communication during the process was good.

I felt there was a significant effort during the process to determine the cultural "fit" for both the company and me, which I think is critical on both sides. The interviews (beyond the phone screen) were conversational (as opposed to scripted) in nature which greatly helped me to get an idea of whether the opportunity was right for me. I think any candidate for any job should be an active participant in that two-way evaluation and I had an excellent experience from that perspective.

Interview Questions

• Vitals is a newer tech company, and your work experience has been in more traditional corporate environments. How would that experience add value here?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitals.

Interview

You get a sense of their low EQ the way hiring manager mentioned former employee who was let go. They claim to be selective, but tend to hire and keep industry rejects.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers (with probably IQ<70) asked basic process questions. The executive however seemed intelligent   Answer Question

User Experience Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitals.

Interview

I rate the process negatively because after 5 interviews (in-person/phone), over nearly 2 months time - Vitals did not have the decency to let me know that they were going in another direction for the role. I had to email my contact at HR after 3 weeks of silence to get that update... she obliged quickly with a form response. This felt very unprofessional considering the time that I had invested in the process. The hiring manager had disclosed to me during my interview that his last hire for the UX Dir. role was a mistake (a poor evaluation of the candidates skill and ability to lead), and the person was 'demoted.' This person is still a UX designer on the team (awkward). I should have recognized this as a red flag for the hiring process in general.

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitals (Lyndhurst, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

The way they conducted the interview process clearly slowed they never knew how to handle candidates professionally. They took more than a month to reveal the details and respond to follow up questions about the status very late. They say that they are waiting for the final results and they keep posting the same job positing with additional requirements on other websites. This clearly indicates they are not going to fill the position but they still kept saying we are still in the process. they finally say that we are looking for other candidates 2 weeks later.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vitals (Lyndhurst, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a screening call, phone interview, and then an in-person interview. Interview started in beginning of March and it is now mid-June. Followed up a couple times back in April and HR said I was still being considered. Another 2 months and still nothing.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitals (Lyndhurst, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with a few people, the hiring manger andanither member if the team and an HR representative. This is after an HR screen and a phone screen.

They seemed to like me and my skills but I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitals in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we had a phone call, then I had a call with their Director of Data. He asked me to describe specific sql functions, which seemed a strange way to me to conduct a technical interview (as opposed to say, a technical exercise). He never followed up afterwards, which was unprofessional and gives me a negative impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• In X scenario, what sql query would you write in order to get Y data? Describe all of the sql functions, including inner and outer join.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitals (Bedford, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

Started off pleasant enough. By the end of the phone screen I was told I would hear back in two days as to whether the process would continue. Three days later and nothing. Emailed them and I did get a response but that the hiring manager was on vacation and would be back in a couple days with more info. More than three WEEKS later and still nothing. Disgusted.

Interview Questions

• Been so long that I can't remember the specifics but I will say the interviewer was very non-technical which made explaining my experience difficult.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitals.

Interview

I was solicited by human resources of Vitals to interview for an open position. i was not actively searching for a job at the time but I went in and met with the team to explore the opportunity.

I went through a round of interviews and then was told to come back for a final interview which was requested to be the following day. I agreed to do so assuming the process would move fast and I would receive an answer. The first day i thought I'd be a valid candidate for this position but the second interview did not go as well.

After a follow up I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks from Vitals (also told I would receive a response any decision that was made). I would have liked a formal rejection but I understand companies may not want to waste time doing that. However, they indicated that would happen and to date it has not.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview of walking through the resume and what knowledge of accounting concepts you may have. Nothing out of the ordinary. The second interview was more about personality. "What do you do on weekends" was on of the questions asked by multiple interviewers. How do you handle stress? What are you pet peeves?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitals in December 2015.

Interview

Apparently this seems to be a recurring issue with vitals.

After the initial screening interview call I was told I would be moved to the next round of real interviews. Then crickets... never heard back. Upon calling to follow-up, I was told the position was on hold until after the new year.

I then waited until January, and followed up to schedule the next round. However they indicated the roll had been filled. (Despite saying prior that the role was on hold).

Several days later, I saw a NEW listing for the same position on a job board.
    So I can't tell if they lied to me (in order to not have to reject me), or if they are just disorganized.

Either way, not happy about how this was handled.

Interview Questions

• Average questions about sales engineering. Nothing special or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Vitals Response

Feb 11, 2016 – HR Generalist/Recruiter

We are really sorry that you are not happy with the way your interview process went. We always strive for a positive experience for all candidates. However, positions do get put on hold from time to... More