Vitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vitals Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

Associate Data Visualization Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitals in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and we had a phone call, then I had a call with their Director of Data. He asked me to describe specific sql functions, which seemed a strange way to me to conduct a technical interview (as opposed to say, a technical exercise). He never followed up afterwards, which was unprofessional and gives me a negative impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• In X scenario, what sql query would you write in order to get Y data? Describe all of the sql functions, including inner and outer join.   Answer Question

Manager, Compensation and Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitals (Lyndhurst, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an initial screening interview over the phone with the HR person; she got back to me quickly and scheduled for an in-person interview. I met with the Talent Manager and se was very informative, bubbly and had a good rapport, asked a bunch of good questions. Then I met with the hiring manager; she acted as if she didn't want to be there and was uninterested in meeting with anyone from the time I walked through her office door. She barely asked 5 questions. I never heard back from anyone.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitals (Bedford, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

Started off pleasant enough. By the end of the phone screen I was told I would hear back in two days as to whether the process would continue. Three days later and nothing. Emailed them and I did get a response but that the hiring manager was on vacation and would be back in a couple days with more info. More than three WEEKS later and still nothing. Disgusted.

Interview Questions

• Been so long that I can't remember the specifics but I will say the interviewer was very non-technical which made explaining my experience difficult.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitals.

Interview

I was solicited by human resources of Vitals to interview for an open position. i was not actively searching for a job at the time but I went in and met with the team to explore the opportunity.

I went through a round of interviews and then was told to come back for a final interview which was requested to be the following day. I agreed to do so assuming the process would move fast and I would receive an answer. The first day i thought I'd be a valid candidate for this position but the second interview did not go as well.

After a follow up I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks from Vitals (also told I would receive a response any decision that was made). I would have liked a formal rejection but I understand companies may not want to waste time doing that. However, they indicated that would happen and to date it has not.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview of walking through the resume and what knowledge of accounting concepts you may have. Nothing out of the ordinary. The second interview was more about personality. "What do you do on weekends" was on of the questions asked by multiple interviewers. How do you handle stress? What are you pet peeves?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitals in December 2015.

Interview

Apparently this seems to be a recurring issue with vitals.

After the initial screening interview call I was told I would be moved to the next round of real interviews. Then crickets... never heard back. Upon calling to follow-up, I was told the position was on hold until after the new year.

I then waited until January, and followed up to schedule the next round. However they indicated the roll had been filled. (Despite saying prior that the role was on hold).

Several days later, I saw a NEW listing for the same position on a job board.
    So I can't tell if they lied to me (in order to not have to reject me), or if they are just disorganized.

Either way, not happy about how this was handled.

Interview Questions

• Average questions about sales engineering. Nothing special or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Vitals Response

Feb 11, 2016 – HR Generalist/Recruiter

We are really sorry that you are not happy with the way your interview process went. We always strive for a positive experience for all candidates. However, positions do get put on hold from time to ... More

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitals.

Interview

I responded to a job opening that was posted on a job board and was contacted by HR/recruiter who thought I would be more appropriate for another role they were looking to fill. Initial in-person meeting w/HR went well. Then met w/EVP, which I thought also went well. After sending my "thank - you's" was told I would be getting contacted soon with feedback. After not hearing back for almost 2 weeks, I contacted HR to learn they were now not recruiting for the position and that it was "on hold"- A complete waste of my time

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitals (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial call with HR went well. I have to say the HR lead I spoke with was refreshingly candid and friendly, not the usual mechanical "lets check off the qualification boxes to see if you're on to the next round". She took time to discuss the culture and background of the organization. Usually the calls are one way - as a candidate you have "X" amount of time to make your case and answer a bunch of rapid fire questions on the phone. This felt more like a conversation and a mutual interview to see not only if they thought I'd be a fit but vice versa. And lets face it - as a candidate you are interviewing a company as much as they are you - but this piece of the puzzle sometimes gets overlooked by HR recruiters as they get lost in the churn and burn focusing on weeding through tons of resumes to find a decent pool of prospectives.

I went on to meet with the hiring manager in person, and once I learned more about the day-to-day role I decided not to move forward in the process. I was candid and gave my reasons for bowing out. They understood my perspective and agreed that based on what I was looking for this wasn't the right fit for me.

I was so impressed with the HR lead and the professionalism of everyone there that I met with that I wanted to write a review here. Even though it wasn't the right position for me, I'd recommend giving this company a fair shake if you're considering joining them.

Interview Questions

• As a consumer what is your process for finding a new doctor, and have you used Vitals for that purpose?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vitals in June 2014.

Interview

there are three people that interviewed me one was for basic behavior, one was technical, and one was HR it was not a difficult interview. they just try to feel out if your the right fit for the company. sometimes they give you a test to see if you can code.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a new company   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitals (Lyndhurst, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

They interview process at Vitals is very extensive and long. I think as a start up they know exactly the kind of people they want and they make sure that everyone you have to work with is positive about you before they bring you on borad.

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position, who was very nice and easy to work with and made sure I was suitable for the position before she set up my phone interview. The phone interview was with the department head. Seemed like an easy going person- we went through my resume over the phone and he asked my some questions related to my background and previous experience. Next step was a 1: 1 interview with him and the rest of the team. This was about a 2-3 hours interview session where I was interviewed by different department heads. The 3rd interview was with the company GM and the head of the sales team and a project manager.

The recruiter was nice enough to coordinate pretty much everything. Also everyone at Vitals was very easy going. The atmosphere and culture at the company seemed great. The benefits were just ok though.

Overal I would say a nice place to work if you are looking to work for a start up.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between project management and product management   Answer Question
    • What do you understand with the term Information Architecture   Answer Question

I was not sure about the growth possibilities at the organisation. Also working with a start up involves certain risks as they are funded by VC's.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitals (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

They made me go through a lot of meetings.

First it was a phone interview with one recruiter. Two weeks later, a personal 1-1 interview with a senior recruiter. The following week a personal interview at the company, then a group interview with people from different departments. Two weeks after, a personal interview with the CEO. And to conclude a final interview with a person from a different department... And still it's not sure this last interview will be the end of the process...

Interview Questions

• What does your husband do for living?   1 Answer