Vitamin Shoppe Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vitamin Shoppe Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Little Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Little Falls, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online on July 16th, received a call on July 30th requesting a phone interview. Scheduled phone interview for July 31. After interview i was asked to come in to the store to meet with store managers at a career fair. I was asked my rate of pay and they accepted.

Interview Questions

• First let me start off by asking why do you want to work at Vitamin Shoppe?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question
  • If i were to ask your current supervisor what is you best quality that you bring to the company what would they say?   Answer Question
  • What is your favorite thing about your current position?   Answer Question
  • What is your least favorite thing about your current position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Lincolnwood, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Was called on the phone a week after I applied online. The first interview was with the store manager then a second interview with the regional manager. Asked basic questions but then the regional manager informed me that assistant store managers have to start out as key holders, then when they prove themselves they are promoted to assistant store managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Vitamin Shoppe?   1 Answer
    • What health articles have you read recently?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you apposed to someone else?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to discipline an employee? If so, how did you deal with that?   1 Answer
    • What do you do to promote a healthy well being in others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone screen, 2 interviews with store management and 1 interview with a district manager. You may be asked to do some travelling for the interviews, but generally no more than 10 miles difference. Interview strategies vary by manager, some use scripted questions, others treat it as a casual conversation. Interviews are 1-on-1 and the process can take up to 2 month because of the number of interviews and the availability of management. Interview questions look for personal experiences and general rhetoric is not enough for a sufficient answer. There is a small section of the interview that delves into product knowledge, but candidates without product knowledge should not be put off by this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • You are alone in the store, you are currently helping a customer that will require at least 10 more minutes of your time. You also have a customer at the register waiting to check out, the phone is ringing and there is shipment to be put away. How do you prioritize your tasks?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

Fill out an app online. they contact you for an interview with the store manager. if that goes well, you speak with the district manager. a day or 2 later, they called and offered the job. if you pass the drug test, you go through a week of training and you're good to go.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

you have to apply online. if the store is hiring they will see your application online and give you a call to set up a phone interview. if they like you, you will get called in to interview with the store manager. if the store manager likes you, you interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• how can you motivate someone   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more than i was offered and they made a counter offer that i accepted. my advice would be not to take the first offer. they will always offer you something low.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

Most questions dealt with team building and customer scenario. For management positions they will ask for some sort of supplement knowledge. Not a whole lot because the company does train all employees on the basic supplements.

Interview Questions

• What is the most effective way for you to add on to a customers basket?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online then was brought in for a scheduled interview.

Interview Questions

• nothing out of the ordinary. Situational questions such as name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

too many interviews and too much turnover right now. pay your employees a little more so they will be happy. i know its a choice to work there but its nice to know you matter

Interview Questions

• how do you handle unruly customers and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

i asked for an amount and i got it but i brought a lot of knowledge and retail experience

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

You will meet with store manager then district manager. They will give you scenarios asking for you to explain a time when you had to do a task, deal with difficult employee, discipline methods, etc. they want to see multiple skill sets. Be ready to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last health and wellness article you read.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will ask you aor an acceptable range and for this position it can go anywhere from 11-17 as of 2013.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Vitamin Shoppe has a two step interview process. First interview was with the Store Manager, asking relative questions based on past experience in management situations. For example, how would you handle an upset customer? What steps would you take to coach an associate who is having a bad attitude? What were your previous job managerial responsibilities?

The second interview was with the district manager. The questions were all similar. Basically, they wanted to know if i was ready to go into the position or if extra training was needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had two staff that bump heads, and what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The store manager made the offer over the phone, an attempt to negotiate was made but they did not budge on their offer.