Vitamin Shoppe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vitamin Shoppe Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Interview

Was more difficult for me than it is now. I took an hour long test in the office and met with at least 4 or 5 people.

Now it will be easy- they are desperate to hire

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (East Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

I filled out a paper application and submitted it in-store. Then I was interviewed by a manager and offered the position. I had to do a drug test. The interview was very low-key.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring process was simple but long. Got a call from the District Manager, scheduled an interview, Interview went well, typical star method. 1 week after the DM interview, received a call for a follow up interview with the Regional Manager (phone interview as he couldn't fly over from Phoenix AZ). Got a call the next day with an offer. It took another 2 weeks to go through drug screening and background.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Morrow, GA).

Interview

Its very quick and basic....they want to make sure to know what retail hours demand and if you've had sales experience.you'll go in for the interview they'll call within a few days and you'll go take the drug test and be working by the next week or 2..very simple and straight to the point

Health Enthusiast Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in August 2016.

Interview

Prior to my interview actually happening, the assistant manager had called me for a phone screening then asked "Can you come in tomorrow at 11 a.m.?" verbatim, for the interview. So I got ready the next morning, drove all the way there half asleep since the anxiety kept me up, and I walked in. I spoke to the first person I saw which happened to be the person who did the phone screening. She said "Oh, well the manager who usually does interviews isn't here. I think it's supposed to be Friday." -_-

I was so confused. So she gave me a business card for some reason as if the number on there could get me in contact with the store manager. Called it anyways and it of course it went to the store instead. The same person I was just talking to before goes "Umm, I think we misspoke. Come in tomorrow at 11 if that will work or I can reschedule". I told her to reschedule because I already had another interview lined up at that time. So somehow someway, she scheduled for me to come in on the wrong day and didn't realize it. I couldn't have heard wrong because "tomorrow" and "Friday" sound nothing alike. Grrr.

Anyways, after that part it was like any other standard interview. They sat me down in their tiny backroom and just went over some common questions. I lost my train of thought once but felt confident about the rest. I guess they found someone better to fill the position. I don't know if I want to be working with mrs. forgetful anyways.

Interview Questions

• If you're having a long interaction with one customer, the phone rings, and someone else walks into the store, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

End User Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Richmond, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

company recruiter performed phone interview asking various questions to verify information on my resume.
    SD Director performed next phone interview, delved into more details of resume. asked probing questions to determine the type of employee I would be and if there were any possible holes in what I was presenting.

Interview Questions

• What do you what to do with your IT career in the next 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Little Falls, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online on July 16th, received a call on July 30th requesting a phone interview. Scheduled phone interview for July 31. After interview i was asked to come in to the store to meet with store managers at a career fair. I was asked my rate of pay and they accepted.

Interview Questions

• First let me start off by asking why do you want to work at Vitamin Shoppe?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question
    • If i were to ask your current supervisor what is you best quality that you bring to the company what would they say?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite thing about your current position?   Answer Question
    • What is your least favorite thing about your current position?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in June 2016.

Interview

I am now a part time key holder for this company. The hiring process went well. I interviewed with 2 store managers. I like working with my staff and I have learned a lot in a short amount of time.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I was interviewed by two managers and I was informed of the position, the hours, how you can grow in the company and basically asked the normal questions that interviewers ask and explain during the process of hire. I was offered the job on the spot.

Health Enthusiast Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It's a 2 interview process. If they like you they'll ask you to come back to speak tonthe other manager.

Because I had a referral the process went a little faster then I'm assuming being that my friend gave the manager a heads up and was interested right away. He made sure that he went through all the hiring steps. You do have to complete the application online and a few questions to even get accepted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Your on the floor by yourself because the other help went on break. The phone starts to ring while multiple customers are walking in and someone is asking you a question. What do you do?   1 Answer