Vitamin Shoppe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vitamin Shoppe Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

I was called in for an interview because an employee recommended me for the job. It was a sit down, one on one with the store manager. They basically just want to get to know you and if you have any interest in healthy living

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

Short over the phone with district manager and store manager then a brief meeting with store manager. I then took a drug test and was hired. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Do you live a healthy lifestyle?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Durham, NC).

Interview

3 interviews. First very casual, Second with GM of another store, third interview was with manager panel of the store. asked a few personal questions, very friendly, asked about sales experience.

Interview Questions

• What was a goal you accomplished this year   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Columbia, SC) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a total of 4 interviews. First was phone interview with assistant manager. Second was in store with Store manager. Third was phone interview with one DM and fourth was with owner of the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day. I went in for a interview with the manager and all went well. He asked me questions about my previous jobs and experience. He then told me he would get with his DM and she would call me for a phone interview. That interview was somewhat nerve racking. She asked me scenario type questions like name a time when...... The store manager called me the next day and offered me the job and I accepted. Then I had to fill out emails for background check and take a drug urine test. That took over week to hear anything back, when I was told it should only take about 48hrs. So from first day of the interview to finally hearing back that the background and drug test went well, it was two weeks. I withdrew my accepted offer being that another job contacted me and I got in that job the next day. This whole process took way too long.

Interview Questions

• Scenario type questions. Where do you see yourself in x amount of years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Done in the back room of the store. Interview was scheduled shortly after my application was sent in. Drug test (urine) / background check required. Was interviewed by the ASM because the manager was off work that day, lol. It was a little awkward.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions.. Name a time you've done this and how did you act.. etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (New York, NY).

Interview

I was brought downstairs to their storage area where I had a one-on-one interview with the assistant manager. He reviewed my resume as he asked me questions and explained the history of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for wanting to work with the Vitamin Shoppe?   1 Answer

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ledgewood, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Ledgewood, NJ).

Interview

I was asked several general questions; then I was asked what actor I would be if I had the opportunity... Basic question one could expect to be asked on any typical interview...

Health Enthusiast Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in March 2017.

Interview

The process took exactly two weeks, from the day I applied to the day I got offered the position. It was a three interview process. Had an in-store interview with an assistant manager and the manager, which went pretty well and lasted roughly 45 minutes. I got a call from a different store manager a few days later asking to do a follow-up interview, which we decided to do right then and there on the phone. It only lasted about 10-15 minutes but went well. Then I got a call the next day from the district manager asking to do a final interview, which only took about 20 minutes. The questions were pretty mixed, with some situational, some behavioral, asking about past employment, past experience, and a few questions on product/supplement knowledge. All in all, be upbeat, positive, energetic and personable throughout the interviews.

Interview Questions

• There aren't any unexpected questions if you've been through the standard interview process before. It would be helpful, though, to differentiate why you want a position specifically at Vitamin Shoppe and not another/similar supplement company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was simple. I applied online and received a call within 2 weeks to interview. Interview was very informal. I wasn't asked one behavioral based question. I got the offer and started working within a week and a half.