Vitamin Shoppe Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.4

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

They just ask you questions about your schedule, if you go to school or have another job, very casual interview process, theres no reason to not get hired unless they just cant work with your schedule

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vitamin Shoppe

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had applied online and within several days they had called me back. The store manager was the one who was conducting the interviews with the potential new members for the job.

Interview Questions

• They had mainly asked questions pertaining about previous work experience. Such as what were your responsibilities at your previous company or what is your previous work experience. Also talked about how you can progress if you stick with the company. They said that they would let me know if they were interested because they had several other applicants apply.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Union City, CA).

Interview

I applied online, went in to meet the manager, and was contacted within 2 weeks for an interview with the store manager. Within a week, I had another interview with the district manager, and received an offer a few days later. Interview contained standard questions about past experience, what lessons you learned from certain situations, strengths/weaknesses, health and fitness in my daily life.- Nothing hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I was first was called in for one interview, which was a group interview, I felt it went very very well. Then I was called in for a second interview where I interviewed with 2 managers. The process took a reasonable amount of time between applying and being called in but it may depend on the particular store.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe.

Interview

Interviewed first with a random associate, then passed to the assistant manager, then to the manager. Really wasn't that difficult and seemed more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a most difficult question, just that they didn't prepare me for the fact that I would be speaking to several people in one interview who would ask me the same questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe in May 2013.

Interview

After applying online, I received a call from the manager of the Vitamin Shoppe store to set up an interview time. The call came within a week of the application submission. The interview was conducted in the back room of the store, one-on-one with the manager. I was given an explanation of job requirements and asked about my personal health motto, leadership skills, and availability.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about vitamins and supplements? Do you take any yourself? What previous experience/knowledge/training do you have in regards to physical health?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I approached the company at a career fair. My contact information was taken at the fair. I was contacted days later and was scheduled for an interview. I went to the interview to see a manager, not the most remarkable interview, pretty typical. I was called again for a second interview, I'm not sure why, but it was pretty much the same. Days later I was scheduled for a drug test, after that, received a call from the store manager who told me the first day to show up.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about nutrition?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Vitamin Shoppe?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was a entry level part-time sales associate job where I was not required to have much skill or education either, so their was no room for negotiation on my end, I had no choice but to accept hourly wage. If you have experience, that would determine what they can offer you and your ability to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Pasadena, TX).

Interview

Vitamin shoppe website, online application.
    no name phone message about setting up interview.
    when I called the day before to ask if they were hiring they said yes.
    In person when I got there they didn't even know i was coming.
    Despite this they were unprepared as though they have never done interviews.
    Clear frustrations/complaints from interviewer because they didn't know what they were doing.

LITERALLY they lied to me and cost me time and money to get over there. The manager didn't care only stated they are not hiring. I had to ask many questions to understand why they wasted my time.

I did get hired by another company with more opportunity but v.shoppe didn't give me a chance and I still don't know why.(people have 2 jobs these days). NO email or phone call, just left me hanging. (They could have cost me this other great opportunity because the interview was scheduled the same day as the other job I actually got)!

It was 7.50 very part time about (10/hrs. week). If you are nearby this may work for you but
    they seem to have a strict dress code. This whole experience encourages me not to shop at places that do not CARE about their employees. (I used to shop a lot and used my rewards membership).

Minimum wage should not be starting wage for everyone!

Interview Questions

• Too many questions not even asked correctly. Hard to answer if you have an inexperienced interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was alright, was taken into the back room and questioned. The hiring process took 2+ weeks to get all my information cleared though....which is quite a long time for a low paying retail job.

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin Shoppe (Sacramento, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty quick. I had no connections within the company and within about 10 days I received a call for an initial interview with a store manager at one of the stores in the area.

The interviewer was friendly and asked mostly STAR questions which I had real answers to due to my previous experience. I also made it clear how passionate I was about health, fitness, and supplement knowledge.

I was called back a few days later for a second interview with a regional manager at a separate location. However, when I arrived to the store I was informed the regional manager had last minute business and instead was interviewed by the store manager of this new store.

The second interview was more relaxed and felt almost like an orientation. The manager asked some intro questions about why I chose Vitamin Shoppe and my interest in health. Then he went over wages, job perks (free supplement samples), the process where company reps come in and inform the associates about their products, and the structure of Vitamin Shoppe employment. He told me employees advance very quickly, and management is constantly being offered relocation for promotion, allowing the entry level workers to advance to keyholders/store managers more quickly than most companies.

Interview Questions

• During the first interview, the manager asked several in-depth supplement questions, the hardest being "What are the 3 major precursors to Creatine?" I was able to name 2 only because I read many fitness magazines, but the manager was understanding and I think the reason he asked such a specific question is because he knew I had a heavy interest in weightlifting.   Answer Question

I was offered only 4-8 hours per week, part time employment. Though they said I would eventually move up to 20 hours + to full time, they couldn't specify exactly when, so I took up a full-time Administration job instead.