Vitamin World Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vitamin World Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Vitamin World

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vitamin World in May 2013.

Interview

Applied on internet and received phone call to interview about 3 days later. My 1st interview was with the store manager in her back office. SM seemed stressed but very friendly and genuinely interested in my responses. I appreciated the fact that I did not feel rushed or pressured during the process. After the interview I was told to expect a phone call from the District manager in a few days regarding my second interview.
True to her word I received a phone call about 4 days later and I came back for the second interview with the DM. The DM surprised me when he took me out of the store for the interview. The DM also seemed very interested in me and we talked for well over an hour. It wasn’t until the drive home, that I realized just how good of a salesman this DM was. He basically mirrored me in order to establish a personal connection with me and lower my guard. He no doubt did this in order to sell me on Vitamin World while at the same time, determining my suitability for employment there.

Other Interview Reviews for Vitamin World

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Escondido, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I had a total of three interviews with Vitamin World located in the Escondido Mall. I did so well on the interviews, answered all the questions in a precised professional way possible. The other applicant came in to the interview late. Also according to my friend that works there, I did really well but the Store manager decided to hire the other person just because she knew her and that she worked inside the mall too.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World.

Interview

I was called by the store manager after submitting my resume and application online throught their website. The interview was in the store face to face with the store manager. It was very straight forward, basic quesions about previous employement, education, social situation comfort and sales. In my opinion it was an upfront and honest interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward , simple , short and easy. I got an interview within a couple of days after I gave them my resume and applications. They called me the next day to set up an interview which happened to be the next business day my interview happened to be short and sweet and they had me working within the next few days after all paperwork was taken care of at the HR office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Boynton Beach, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I was explained what my job description was. However when asked what hours? Answer was very vague. I was explained how training was done in the store. How I needed to get familiarize with the products. The manager was polite and spoke clearly.

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

Sat down and asked some questions, told me a bit about the company and how great it is and how much I can potentially make (lies). I applied online and met the store manager and then phone screened with the district manager. Store manager doesn't generally hire a lot so process wasn't perfect but not to bad. If you're half motivated you should be a decent fit here, assuming you're ok with being way underpaid

Interview Questions

• Why am I a good fit for this job etc. all the basic stuff   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vitamin World (South Florida, FL).

Interview

Applied in person, was called by store manager for interview in person. The interview took about twenty minutes. I heard back two weeks later with a job offer. Apparently the hiring process was being changed during this time. They say it dosent usually take that long.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with selling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vitamin World (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Sat down with store manager and discussed why I wanted the job as well as went over scenarios and on the job responsibilities. The entire interview took about an hour. I received a phone call to come fill out my hire paperwork a day or 2 later and started that same week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a rude customer and how did you react   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitamin World (San Antonio, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview on a quiet morning. I told the sales associate I was there to see the manager for an interview. After a few minutes the manager came out and directed me to a back room. I passed a girl who looked to be my age in a tank top and jean shorts filling out paperwork and I thought she was filling out an application.
    The interview was about 30 minutes of typical questions. I wasn't ever asked if I had experience with some of the products they sell. I was asked what my strengths and weaknesses were, how I would deal with an irate customer, and how quickly I can problem solve. If you can google interview questions, she pretty much asked all of the normal questions that can easily be answered.
    After answering all of the questions, she said that she really liked me and they'd like to hire me. I was very happy but only for a split second when she continued and said, "...but, we already just hired the young lady outside. I still wanted to interview you and would love for you to reapply when we're hiring again."
    I was appalled. It was a waste of time. I dressed in a business suit for a job that probably paid minimum wage just to be beat out by someone in jean shorts and a tank top.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what you consider to be some of your strengths? Weaknesses?
      If you were dealing with an angry customer, how would you handle it?
      Do you work well under pressure? Can you multitask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitamin World (Clarksville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I walked into the store, asked if they were hiring. They told me they were and told me to fill out an application. I filled it out online, they called within a couple of days and I had an interview set up during that call.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Vitamin World brand product?   1 Answer