Vitech Systems Group Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was an on-campus interview with manager. The interview was good as there was a general project discussion followed by basic data structure and algorithms questions. The only downside was that the interviewer wanted me to explain the one whole semester long project in about 2-3 minutes and then expected that I should be able to explain in and outs of what I did.

Two weeks later, got an invitation for on site interviews at their New York office. Nice location and friendly atmosphere. There were three 1 on 1 interviews scheduled - two with managers and the last one with director.

First manager was quite unfriendly and started shooting questions right away and used to get a bit irritated often upon not receiving an expected answer for the question asked. The interviewer was not interested in discussing approaches to answer and just expected the right answer. This round focused heavily on projects done by me and some theory based questions were asked. One of the questions asked was how to remove duplicates from a list. In the first approach, I described to use a hashSet while iterating over the list and if we find a already present element, then remove that element from the list. However, the interviewer said that is should not be done that way and I should just use a set and add all the elements of the list to the set and return the set itself. This didn't made any sense since the original list still contains duplicate and returning the set instead of a list as an answer was weird. I tried to discuss this but the interviewer got irritated.

Second interviewer was friendly and this round contained one algorithm question and few data structure question. As soon as we sat down for second round, the interviewer asked me to introduce myself and instead of paying attention and looking at me, the interviewer started drafting the question on a piece of paper and kept on doing it until I finished speaking. The question asked had a major error. It was a standard searching algorithm on leetcode(find bad version) which can be easily solved iteratively or recursively but the interviewer didn't give the stopping condition or the base case that is actually needed to solve the question but was still satisfied with my approach. No coding was required and I had to just verbally describe the algorithm. I tried to tell the interviewer that he/she has forgotten that part and the interviewer seemed confused and changed the question. It was kind of funny. The interviewer was equally confused while phrasing one more data structure question during the interview and kept on changing the original problem statement.

Third interview was with director who was highly knowledgeable and this round was again focused on one of my projects. It was a very good and in-depth discussion of algorithm used by me to do the project. Enjoyed the conversation. By far the best round.

Overall, it was not a good assessment since the profile was for a developer and no aptitude/coding questions were asked and it was only about projects. Received a rejection three weeks later. The reason wasn't given and I didn't even expect one from them since there were no definitive skill testing questions asked.

One advice to the company is to train the managers to conduct interviews and ask question since I have interviewed with several other tech companies and this was one was the most weird.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (Freeport, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was conducted by HR representative, who was very enthusiastic about the company and told me that she has grown tremendously since she started working there, and that it is a good place to work.

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

On Campus interview and then On site interview. Once you clear your on campus interview you will be then called on for the on site interview. The on site interview will last for 3 hrs and you will interview with 3 recruiters. One of them will be your future manager.

Application

Interview

I was interviewed on campus by two current employees and was then invited for an onsite interview where I met with three people.

I was offered a position the very next day and they were very upfront from the beginning with how I stood in their interview process.

They asked me to create a presentation about a project I had and how it could be implemented in their system but I was never actually asked to present it.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. I do recommend to read up on agile development which is a business strategy software companies use. It always helps to stress that you know beyond tell me a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Currently negotiating.

Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process included about three phone calls to other analysts, managers, and directors asking questions regarding previous experience and examples of situations where similar job duties were performed. These interviews were coordinated and confirmed by Recruiting professionals on staff. A Skills assessment was also needed to move forward in the process which consisted of one section of timed logic and general understanding questions and a section where a functional requirements Document was required for a hypothetical situation. Skype interviews were scheduled with employees in the New York office since I was out of state. I then flew up to the New York office which was covered by Vitech for a day of interviews with four other people. After this, a final phone interview occurred with the position's potential manager and a job offer was provided the following week. The process was painless and the staff made you feel welcome and desired each step of the way.

Interview Questions

• How has your current and past employment prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (Iselin, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Process was interesting. Typical phone interview with recruiter. Met with recruiter, where he asked me a few technical questions followed by meeting with 2 other developers and a senior manager all on first visit. Asked basic Java Object Oriented questions. Write some code on paper. After in office interview was given coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Difference between interface and abstract class   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview where we discussed recent projects, my interests and goals, and Vitech's business model. Then was invited to NYC where I interviewed with a couple folks who asked me further questions about my experiences and further explained how Vitech operates. I explained my perspective on relevant topics such as agile software development and client-development team interaction. I was given the job offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• My least expected question was how I would have done one of my relevant projects if I was making that software for Vitech. I had done research into agile development and I had asked questions about how Vitech does their work, so it wasn't precisely difficult, but it did make me think because I didn't anticipate the question.   1 Answer

Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a skype interview, and the HR was nice and the questions were pretty straight forward like go through the past experience and examples for problem solving and innovative thinking.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

First interview,they will ask you to do some coding on-line;
    Second interview, onsite interview;
    Third interview, HR interview you.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to override the equals method and hashcode methods   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vitech Systems Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed through school recruitment. First round of interview was at the company since I was going to school in the city. Talked to two people. Was eventually invited to a final round and interviewed with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Had to write up a group project on the board and explain details   Answer Question