Vivint Smart Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Vivint Smart Home

2.1

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Odessa, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Had a casual interview with the area manager over the phone and was then scheduled for a video interview through MS Teams with in a few days. After that I had a interview with their boss and is was again very casual and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Take me through a process of installing a new thermostat in a customers home.   Answer Question

Billing Specialist Interview

Interview

I submitted my application online. Then I got one pre-interview phone call, and one over-the-phone interview. After that they gave me a call back stating whether i did or did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell someone hard news.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Door to door sales. Learned a ton! Great exp though. Watch out for paying taxes at the end as well! Save for it because you do not get paid everything up front.

Customer Manager ROR Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Provo, UT).

Interview

Easy process. Anyone can have a job here. Vivint is great at hiring college students. They don't pay well compared to the rest of the industry but they have some fun perks.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home.

Interview

It was an easy process, they called right after to say if I got the job. They asked pretty basic interview questions, nothing terribly complicated. The person that I interviewed me was quick and efficient but didn’t rush either.

ACS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Lindon, UT) in September 2019.

Interview

You must bring a printed copy of resume for recruiting to review, regardless of whether you submitted one online. Questions are pretty standard for an interview, including past experiences dealing with difficult coworkers and customers. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer in the past?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Austin, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

A super informal interview. They say “tell me about yourself.” They ask a few questions about your physical ability. No structure for question and didn’t seem interested in interviewing more people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Boston, MA) in July 2019.

Interview

phone interview, video online coding, onsite interview. everyone in team is nice. last interview is video. beautiful office. got phone call after one week or more told me did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• pair programming/ algorithm/ some normal behavior questions   Answer Question

Smart Home Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Dayton, OH) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online, then their regional field service manager called to set me up to be interviewed by their recruiter on the phone. After that went well, she then set me up with a 30! minute notice to sit-down interview with that manager at his hotel while he was in my town. Interview seemed to go well, until 72 hours later when I finally heard back with a canned email rejection through their 3rd party HR web site Workaday. I immediately felt after the last minute hustle/eagerness I showed, how disdainful could a company be? After he told me that the job would be 50-60 hrs/wk, I had lost interest anyway.

This was the 2nd time I applied there; back in May, another of their recruiters completely blew me off midway through the process for the same kind of job. With 2 misadventures under my belt, this fool felt it necessary to go to their web site to get their 800#, call and get an email of HR to write them in detail what kind of awful image their managers and recruiters portray of their company.

Interview Questions

• Endless questions of how I'd handle a customer in different scenarios. I could tell that I've handled many more customers in my career than he has.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Tech Support (Work From Home) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Two phone interviews. Then waited beyond 72 hours to hear back over Independence Day long weekend then saw an automated email from their application website that I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where a customer was upset and how did you handle it.   Answer Question