Vivint Smart Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Vivint Smart Home Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.1

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter and scheduled an official phone interview. Official interview was a few days later. The interviewer was very nice and it only took a few minutes. Within 24 hours I received a third phone call from the recruiter with a job offer that I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to escalate an issue?   Answer Question

Tier II Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Over the phone for a remote position. Not a single technical question was asked, just the standard customer service type questions and problem solving questions to test that you're able to be empathetic with customers and think critically on your feet.

Interview Questions

• If you had to install a ceiling fan, how would you do it?   1 Answer
    • How do you use technology in your everyday life?   1 Answer
    • Describe the process of doing or making something from start to finish.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you de-escalated a situation with an upset customer.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were called into your supervisor's office. What was is about, and how did you learn from it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were praised for doing a good job.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your customer service and call center experience.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me at this time?   1 Answer

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Provo, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and through an employee referral on a Tuesday. I was contacted Friday and had a phone interview Monday. The HR representative was very friendly and laid back and we briefly discussed my background. I was overqualified for the job and the pay grade was below that I was seeking, so we parted ways. Would be a really great position for the right entry-level fit, just not for me.

I mostly appreciated the transparency so as not to waste my time or theirs.

Interview Questions

• We're concerned your experience may lead you to seek a higher pay grade than what we're willing to offer for this position. Is $xxk an acceptable range for you?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview depends on your district manager. My interview was quick, to the point, and professional. Only drawback is that it was conducted in Best Buy, on the sales floor, while sitting at a table. After one week I was offered the job and was quickly put into training.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to greet and offer every customer in Best Buy Vivint?   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview about myself and how I handle different phone call situations.they wanted me to talk about a time when I had a stressful situation and how I handled it. I talked about being a team player and helping out my co workers. Also asked if I was competitive and my trouble shooting skills.

Interview Questions

• What would your past supervisor say about your work ethic   1 Answer

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Murrieta, CA).

Interview

The process of interviewing was quiet simple. What do you know about the company, the nature of the industry, what can you contribute to the company, etc. people that interviewed me seemed pretty young. There are no face to face interviews, it’s all done over the phone. So it was a pretty relaxed and not too stressful interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process took one day. I came into the office and had a solo interview and depending on how I did, they would either dismiss me or ask me to stay for the next round. I moved onto the next round and then had a group interview.

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by recruiter 1 week later to schedule a 20 minute phone call on her calendar. Pleasant conversation; she understood the reality of market salaries for the position. She scheduled a call with the hiring manager for the next day. He reviewed my background and asked how I would approach several of the real challenges they were facing. Both were up front about desiring an on-site resource versus my demonstrated ability to work remotely. Received a canned message from their HR system the next day they were moving ahead with other candidates, which felt impersonal after the two conversations.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home in October 2017.

Interview

Someone texted me asking if I was available for an phone interview 5 minutes before the interview received another text saying the position was filled. Couple days later see the position opened up again texted the lady back she checked and in fact reopened. Had a phone interview will hear back from hiring manager in a week. Week goes by check the status the position I interviewed for should of never been open.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Lehi, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

I have never been so impressed with a company's recruiting process. Everybody I spoke with was so friendly, professional, and helpful. The recruiter always responded to my emails within a few hours and was so transparent about the entire process. I never felt like I was left in the dark. I went on site three times and met with several engineers from the team I was applying for as well as many other employees from different departments. I had one interview that was purely technical, but the rest of the time was spent making sure that my goals and expectations were aligned with theirs. I was so excited to receive an offer, but I ended up accepting another offer that was too good to pass up. I can definitely see myself joining Vivint later in my career. I was extremely impressed by the company and felt very comfortable with the engineers. I would highly recommend the company to anybody who is thinking about applying.