Vivint Smart Home Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2018

2.1

Customer Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Tampa, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

All the interviews were phone based. They ask you questions about your work experience, or to describe how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I found for me to just be consistent in my answers and not stress too much, because I don't think they are looking for a right or wrong answer. Probably just accessing your overall self-confidence and how clearly you speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your best customer service experiences?   Answer Question

Vivint Smart Home Response

May 4, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to have you on as part of the company!

Outdoor Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Was hired then fired because worked there before not explained at all huge waste of time very uncertain company

I usually get hired st all sales jobs because my excellent sales skill and resume. I have been a trainer in door to door for 10 plus years. They were no exception and hired me based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked for to door before   1 Answer

Training Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online for the Training Specialist position. I was contacted by Keilee Vaughn to setup a phone interview. I chose the date and time, April 10, 2018, 2PM MST. I was not contacted. I sent an email to ask if I was still being considered for the position and that I didn't get the call as scheduled.

I then got an email that said, "Thank you for taking the time to meet with our team about the Training Specialist opening at Vivint. Unfortunately, our team did not select you for further consideration."

I never got an interview or the opportunity to discuss the position with anyone. Very disappointing.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home.

Interview

Very bad experience. HR Scheduled an initial phone screen for Product Manager role and never called. I called her back and email her, she did not respond. Good candidates spend the time to research company, role, and product. Please, don't do this with other candidates.

Smart Home Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Mesquite, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

My interview consisted of meeting at a Best Buy retail store, and having a role play after my interviewer arrived 40 minutes late. From the time my interviewer arrived, my interview was held in the middle of the Best Buy store. I thought this was very unprofessional. I was given a list of questions to form and ask my interviewer. This scenario played out the typical customer and sales process. This is the only thing that took place in the interview. No one asked me if I had any questions regarding the company. This was not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Name a time when something did not go your way, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Vivint Smart Home Response

Apr 23, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a less than enjoyable experience with Vivint Smart Home and will work hard to ensure negative experiences like this... More

MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Provo, UT) in February 2018.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, first was phone screening, second was in person interview at the company. Important to know your interest in Vivint, interest in the role you are pursuing, etc.

Interview Questions

• I only got one question, which was to solve a case about costs and revenues.   Answer Question

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter and scheduled an official phone interview. Official interview was a few days later. The interviewer was very nice and it only took a few minutes. Within 24 hours I received a third phone call from the recruiter with a job offer that I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to escalate an issue?   Answer Question

Tier II Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Over the phone for a remote position. Not a single technical question was asked, just the standard customer service type questions and problem solving questions to test that you're able to be empathetic with customers and think critically on your feet.

Interview Questions

• If you had to install a ceiling fan, how would you do it?   1 Answer
    • How do you use technology in your everyday life?   1 Answer
    • Describe the process of doing or making something from start to finish.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you de-escalated a situation with an upset customer.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were called into your supervisor's office. What was is about, and how did you learn from it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were praised for doing a good job.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your customer service and call center experience.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me at this time?   1 Answer

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Provo, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and through an employee referral on a Tuesday. I was contacted Friday and had a phone interview Monday. The HR representative was very friendly and laid back and we briefly discussed my background. I was overqualified for the job and the pay grade was below that I was seeking, so we parted ways. Would be a really great position for the right entry-level fit, just not for me.

I mostly appreciated the transparency so as not to waste my time or theirs.

Interview Questions

• We're concerned your experience may lead you to seek a higher pay grade than what we're willing to offer for this position. Is $xxk an acceptable range for you?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview depends on your district manager. My interview was quick, to the point, and professional. Only drawback is that it was conducted in Best Buy, on the sales floor, while sitting at a table. After one week I was offered the job and was quickly put into training.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to greet and offer every customer in Best Buy Vivint?   1 Answer