Vivint Smart Home Interview Questions in Salt Lake City

Updated May 23, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Vivint Smart Home

1.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 4 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Salt Lake City, UT)

Interview

Very rude from the beginning. Both interviewers seemed put out to be on the phone doing interviews. First interview was a phone call just getting basic info and goals followed by a coding challenge. The coding challenge was easy but had nothing to do with the position. I feel like the hiring people are not communicating with each other. Next step was a call from the hiring manager. This phone call was basically a trivia session and questions were asked just for the sake of asking questions. "But what if....". Overall a terrible and typical experience with a large tech company. It seems like they want the perfect person instead of training someone for a few weeks which is completely reasonable for a Junior role.

Interview Questions
  • How would you test a mailbox that gives the user a notification when mail is delivered?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Salt Lake City, UT) in Feb 2016

Interview

Vivint does not have an interview process for new technicians. They want to hire as many sales and techs that they possible can to grow their business. This comes at a cost sometimes when they hire lazy employees.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Salt Lake City, UT) in Feb 2013

Interview

No interview, told a manager I'd like to work for the summer. Hired on the spot. Vivint is always looking for summer technicians and as long as you agree to leave for the summer your more than likely to get the job.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to work hard and leave home from April - August.
Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Salt Lake City, UT) in Apr 2011

Interview

recruitment event super easy to get the job because its a tough cookie to stay out all summer working under the sun but it pays well enough. ANyone can get the job just working hard and staying all summer is the hard part.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email