Vivint Smart Home Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vivint Smart Home Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Vivint Smart Home

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home in July 2017.

Interview

I had a short screening over the phone, an in person interview with some technical leads and then the director that would be over me. While I'm disappointed that I didn't get an offer, I'm most bothered as to the reason why. The director completely passed on me because he failed to understand me. I said that my co-workers would never accept me as one of their own, yet he thought that I didn't like them. That is not true at all. It's their loss though. I am highly qualified for the position based on all feedback before this meeting and yet the director's misunderstanding cost me my offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to design a database with tables related to a car rental agency and write a query against it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vivint Smart Home

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I didn't proceed to interview.

I was told they have good pay and benefits, so I contact their internal recruiter and ask their salary range of similar position. I was asked about my current salary (which I made a mistake to reveal it ), and then come back with a lower title position and a salary range with marginal increase. I said thank you and didn't proceed to interview.

Hope everyone else not making same mistake.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Lehi, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Vivint recruiter and had the first screen phone interview. I was then given a technical screening phone interview with a dev manager, I think it went well. I was then called in for a series of interviews with several (6) managers, 2 at a time, for 3 1 hour interviews. The first was a technical interview, and the other 2 were to determine company fit and see if they liked me. They all seemed to go well. I then had a briefing with the recruiter and they said it went well and they wanted me to come back for another set of interviews. I came back a few days later and had 2 more interviews with 3 more managers/directors. I think it went well. I told everyone liked me and they would get back with me. After a few days the recruiter contacted me again and said they were still deciding. About a week after the last interview, they called me and said they had decided to go with a less experienced and less expensive candidate who they felt would be more content with the open position. They were very nice about it and all in all the experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Solve a complex query from an in memory array and display the formated results using a single line of Linq code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vivint Smart Home (Lehi, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job on careers website, contacted by recruiter next day, then I had a phone screening a few days later. Then an onsite technical interview with a couple of developers, then another interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview included basic C# questions, knowledge about microservices, web services. They asked me how to model a couple of simple problems on the whiteboard using Dictionaries and Linq. They asked how to solve the missionary and cannibals problem.   Answer Question