Vivonet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vivonet Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivonet in January 2017.

Interview

Was a Digital Review First, then I interviewed with HR. Then after this I interviewed with a few employees and managers. There was a lot of passing me around to coworkers trying to access my background.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your past experience would compliment your role at Vivonet   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vivonet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was straight-forward, in person was strange. Made a lot of small talk, almost as if to waste time - ie. asked if I had my transcript and/or any demos, but was not prompted to bring either in advane. Kept citing CTCI and the importance of having read it, insulted the nature of a project from a previous workplace (especially didn't appreciate that - very unprofessional).

Interview Questions

• Describe the SOLID principles
      Reverse a string/check if a word is a palindrome
      A problem solving question
      General OOP questions   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vivonet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

There where questions in which the interviewer asked the interviewee that were then answered and reflected upon by both parties. You were given time to reply and to ask your own questions.

Devops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vivonet (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

As the common trend, the first interview is a Cuanto/Cuando/Cuantos questionnaire with an HR rep; their goal is to secure a salary range - apples to oranges - and a phase 2 date. Phase 2 was with their manager, and I was so disappointed to learn it was a "please recite your carefully contrived anecdote that fits THIS generic case" behavioural interview straight out of the "how to hire a salesman" 1980s. Typically, as an introvert with no time to navel-gaze, the experience was very, very negative. A surprise phase 3 involved 3 team-mates and the same manager on a panel.

I know I did horribly -- none of the humour sunk in, the timing was all off due to the abyssmal phone connection, and really, of the specific questions you could have, which ones can you ask without looking lazy, stupid or criminal?

Eventually, after another 2 weeks, 5 weeks into the process, I received the bad news I was expecting. As it was TWO DAYS AFTER THEY REPOSTED THE POSITION, their statement about hiring another candidate rang hollow and I was left stinging.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Thinking back, tell me an interesting enough story about how you overcame obstacles in an inventive manner and saved the day.   Answer Question

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vivonet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Interview with middle manager and manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy but they underpay exceptionally. I couldn't get them up higher.

Profession Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Vivonet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

the hiring process was easy, after sending in my resume I recieved a call to come in and have a interview, which was pretty laid back and had some basic questions about where I saw myself and wjere I'd like to go in life etc. and compared my life to the values of the company.

Interview Questions

• wasn't really anything difficult or unexpected I guess the question about the vivonet values   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vivonet.

Interview

It was the best interview I have been in. Great questions to focus on the person rather than the job.

Interview Questions

• How do I live my life based on the company's core values   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vivonet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

1 - Phone Interview with Dev Manager
    2 - Interview in person with dev manager and team
    3 - Interview with HR

The development questions were fairly straightforward and standard. Focussed on .net and delphi and best practices. Lots of cultural emphasis. Learn their values from the website and mention them.

Interview Questions

• List the meaning of SIMPLE OO programming (as in the wanted me to define each letter)   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by two in person interviews. First interview was with the manager and a colleague. Second interview was with the HR manager and the CEO. I thought that part was awesome and you get to personally meet the CEO before onboarding.

Implementation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vivonet (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was good. I was made aware of what was expected and vice versa. I was hired 3 months probationary but eventually got the job after half a month. Everything went well and I believe I was fit for the job.