Vodafone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vodafone (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

first was the Phone interview with HR then onsite interview with manager in vodafone new york office
    interview based on resume and my total years of experience.
    tell me about yourself and your experience

PMO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vodafone (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by an intern 2 weeks later for a phone interview. After 2 more weeks was invited for personal interview, which went well. A week later they called me to let me know that they went with another candidate, however the job posting is still advertised and even weeks later they keep advertising it.

Interview Questions

• Do you struggle to meet deadlines   1 Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vodafone.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening with a representative from HR who was really nice and gave me a good overview of the company. Then, I had an interview with the supervisor for the role who went over my skills and my resume in depth. I did not make it to the final round of interviews, which would have been on site with a representative from the business side of Vodafone.

Interview Questions

• There are many telecommunications companies, why did you apply to Vodafone?   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vodafone.

Interview

The Lead Recruiting Manager reached out and explained and discussed how stressed she was because she had all these interviews and was going on vacation- really! So I accepted a rushed last minute and unprofessional phone interview to fit her vacation schedule. There was no follow up. Not sure she was even listening to me.

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone call with hiring manager went very well. The second round was a Skype interview with original manager and her colleague, also very positive.
    Following week, on a Friday afternoon, I had an online test in which they asked me to do a data analysis. It went fairly well and was promised a call back by the following Monday because they needed an intern to start very soon, within weeks. She asked of my citizenship and visa status and was skeptical of hiring me. She told me she would check with HR about the immigration process and also asked me to contact the Luxembourg immigration office to find out if I would be eligible to work in Luxembourg with my French student visa. I found this odd because this should be something they should be doing but I wanted the internship so bad so I made all the calls and got the info in writing from the Luxembourg immigration office stating clearly that a non-EU student (with a valid EU student visa) is eligible to work in Luxembourg on the same student visa and need not apply for a resident permit or work permit as the French student visa would suffice.
    I was very excited to hear the good news and asked the official to forward the info in writing, which I then forwarded to the hiring managers at Vodafone. Then I waited with bated breath for news....

The call never came, nor email. I let the week pass by, followed up with a call to both managers who interviewed me, left voicemail messages. No word. Same thing the following week even after I followed up with emails.

After three weeks of no word I gave up. I then saw another similar position in the same company and applied right away. This time it was a different hiring manager and she called me the same day I emailed my CV. She then asked my citizenship and told me she only wanted EU citizens. It dawned on me that they decided not to proceed with my application due to my non-eu status but did not have the decency to get back with me, not even return my calls/emails. After I did the leg work of finding out their country's laws which was still in my favor but they still decided to drop me. I googled and contacted their HR personnel. I forwarded the document to him but he apologized stating that they are a small office and prefer EU citizens due to "less paperwork". What he was really saying is that they have no idea of the hiring process of hiring a non EU citizen who resides in Europe. I was shocked! Such a huge multinational company have no clue in their hiring process....
    So much for the cultural diversity schpill they "pride" themselves in! I felt like they wasted my time because my cover letter clearly states my citizenship and status as a student in France.

I guess I dodged a bullet. I kept it professional regardless and thanked them for their time.

Interview Questions

• It was fairly easy. the usual interview questions:
      Tell me about yourself.
      How do you prioritise your tasks?
      Why should we hire you?
      How do you handle irate customers?
      Answer Question

Due Diligence Senior Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egypt, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Vodafone (Egypt, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Willing to have a career path development & challenging position through exposure to different knowledge and experience related to my background experience which can be progressed. Also can work under pressure and seeking to explore different jobs in Commercial, administrative and technological fields to find the best area which will benefit from my   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter then a phone interview followed by a technical onsite interview. Several programming questions. Asked to write code on a white board etc.

Internship In Online Services Interview

Interview

I applied through my uni and it took between 2-3 weeks before they invited me to the assessment center.
    Once there before there was a group interview (short time and difficult task, but actually they just want to see how you work as a team) + individual interview (they asked questions about things related to the position).
    After passing the assessment center they made me do attitudinal tests online.. which I failed!!!

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any particular question. the individual interview was pretty easy going.   Answer Question

Bid Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially contacted by a corporate recruiter who left the company in the middle of the process; new recruiter picked up the process a few weeks later. After clearing the phone interview was scheduled for interview in NYC. Strangely enough, they DID NOT PAY FOR THE TRANSPORTATION. I had to be reimbursed afterwards. I didn't want to interview on the day they selected because I had just worked over 24 hours to finish a proposal, and wanted to come in the following Monday, but was told that if I didn't come in for the interview on that day, I would be passed by. To get there on time, I had to fly out at 6:30am, but missed that flight. The 7:30a flight was cancelled, and the 8:30 flight was almost full (I was the last person to board). Vodafone had to work me into the schedule since I missed the first one due to the flight cancellations. NYC was having a 100 degree weather day, I was severely sleep deprived, and it was a pretty miserable experience.

I was brought into the Vodafone office by someone who dumped me in a reception area. The people who were to interview me (the hiring director, the newly promoted manager, and the recruiter) were all at lunch. Once they came in, I immediately felt that I was not their prime candidate... just gut feel. I felt like they had to have 3 interviews to be able to offer to the prime candidate.

They had asked me to do a review of a fictional client's opportunity and make a bid/no bid decision. You had to do a risk assessment and defend your position. The problem was the client wasn't real and there wasn't enough information regarding the competitors (there was a substantial amount of the business on the table that belonged to the competitors, but no dollar amount or line count), the CEO of the client didn't like us, the majority of our business was at risk, and they had already said they would cut 20% of that business, and we had to endure a 20% additional cut in revenue. When I tried to ask questions regarding this fictional client, I was told they didn't know, because it was all a test. Long story short, I said no bid. There was 0 reaction - zip. When I asked what the correct result was supposed to be, they said they had no idea.

The next day, I sent them an email thanking them for the opportunity to interview and their consideration, but apologizing if I seemed a bit out of it, and explaining that my exhaustion stemmed from working extremely long hours that week.

The following Monday, there was an email telling me I wasn't selected, and the reasons why. I was at first taken aback, but realized it was an extremely rare opportunity to be told why. Mostly the reason was that I seemed "confused," which makes sense since I was sleep deprived. I sent an email response thanking them for the feedback and again thanking them for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Having to do a bid/no bid decision on a fictional client.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was not very well organised. After submitting an online application, I got an email that I was shortlisted with a few general questions for me to fill in. I replied them with my answers and asked for an interview schedule but there was no reply. I called their HR manager a few days later to find out what was going on, and he apologised for not replying my email, saying that he was busy with other stuff and said that they were considering me, and would schedule my interview later. And then there was no reply again.

Interview Questions

• What is your career aspiration? Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question