Vodafone Interview Questions in Newbury, England | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

CV submitted online. I was the called by HR for an unexpected telephone call with questions such as what I knew about the company etc. She advised I'd hear by the end of the week whether I had a face to face interview. After two and half weeks I received an email inviting me to interview at fairly short notice (a couple of working days later). It also asked me to have a scheduled call with someone else from HR to brief me for the interview. He was friendly but made the hiring manager sound inappropriately scary. I received a call to say the hiring manager couldn't make my Monday interview after 5pm on Friday when I had already left work so had to lose a days annual leave. They arranged it for the following week and then cancelled again but giving enough notice for me to change my leave booking. The week after that they called to change the time but not cancel this time. The interview itself was a positive experience with friendly, professional and competent seeming individuals. Three weeks went past after which I left a message for HR. They then sent me an email asking to schedule another phone call to give feedback. When I spoke to them it became clear that they had forgotten to send out the rejection email but they took the time to give positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Vodafones CSR (tel interview question)   Answer Question

Aug 15, 2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry you had a negative experience during your interview. This isn't the experience we want to provide, and we'd like to reassure you... More

Marketing Insights Interview

Application

Interview

Very poorly done. Firstly hiring was late 15 minutes late. Room was booked for only 1 hour and I was asked to move to another meeting in the middle of interview. Interview itself was poorly planned which gave me the impression that the job did exist, as the questions asked seemed more like trying to get some consulting.
    2 weeks later, I contacted HR at 2 occasions to get feedback. Now 2 months now, they never got back. I highly regarded Vodafone as a brand but now they are scrapped out of list as company that I want to work for. They have also lost a customer in the process.

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

Sep 22, 2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry you had a negative experience. This isn't the experience we want to provide, and we'd like to reassure you that we're working on... More

Vodafone Graduate Group Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England) in May 2017. The first round was some psychometric tests. Easy ones, but preparation is needed. Then there was a video interview:1) tell me about yourself 2) What did u read about Vodafone that surprised you 3) Name one religious, political or social factor that had an impact on telecommunications in general and on Vodafone in particular and how HR could handle it?They replied very quickly even though they clarified that the fact that I succeeded in video interview does not mean necessarily that I will be invited to the Assessment Center. In the Assessment Center, everybody was very friendly; you will feel comfortable during the whole process. 1)group exercise; business case--> don't be antagonistic, just be yourself, creative and respectful (20 min to read the info +5 min to present -only one person presents-) 2) presentation; business case --> you are not an expert, you are a graduate. Make sure you have read and understood the provided info (20 min to read the context + up to 10 min to present). 3) 1-1 interview. This is the time to shine! Be honest, be yourself! Usually, I am anxious in such situations, but they made me feel very comfortable and confident. It is very important to make a research about the company (history, values, products, services, rewards etc.) Nothing to be afraid of. BE YOURSELF!

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

May 18, 2017

Hi, thank you for leaving a review. We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience and enjoyed the Assessment day. Good luck in your career with us!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was intense, much worse than I had anticipated for the job too.
    I was sure when I left that I hadn't got the job.

That was over two weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since. No answer and no feedback. I really don't mind that I was unsuccessful, that's what interviews are for. I do however think it's appalling to ignore someone who you interviewed. Attending an interview takes a lot of effort, holiday from work, travel etc. It's common courtesy to at least let your interviewee know whether they were successful or not.

Interview Questions

• I was given two exam -style questions to begin with and 30 minutes to complete each.
      I was given 6 sides of SQL code in a syntax I was unfamiliar with. I was told what data was going into the code and what the required output was. I was tasked with running through the code by hand to see if it would output correctly.
      I completely failed this and the second exam question.   Answer Question

May 18, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for leaving your feedback. We're really sorry to hear about your experience, but we appreciate your comments as they can support us to work on improving our recruitment process.... More

Discover Graduate Commercial Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online with a few application questions, followed by online tests and a video interview, then I was invited to an assessment center in Newbury. The assessment center was mixed with other roles, so it felt more relaxed being mixed with other streams it felt less competitive. The assessment center consisted of a group task, an individual presentation (1 on 1 to an assessor), a tour of the building and then an interview lasting around an hour.

You're split in to groups of around 5/6 for the group task, and you have to present your ideas to 3 assessors as a group at the end of your time.

The individual presentation isn't as scary as it sounds, you present in a booth with one assessor and you are both sitting down so its not as daunting as having to stand and present a powerpoint! Keep an eye on the time when you are preparing your presentation - I ran out of time and wasn't really able to show my skills and do my best because of this.

The interview focused on competencies and Vodafone values. I think they look for a personality match to the company and its values rather than tons of experience!

Interview Questions

• When have you had to deal with a large amount of customer data and how did you overcome this task?   Answer Question

Mar 21, 2017

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. We wish you all the best for your career with us!

Discover Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I did first some reasoning test, then a video interview and finally an assessment center at the HQ. The process was very long and the assessment center not one of the best organized. Although the staff and people there were all very friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Descrive a situation in which you delivered the best customer service   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for leaving a review, your comments are really important for us, as we always work on improving the recruitment process. We're also glad to hear that you had a good experience... More

Group Enterprise Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was a very enjoyable day, so despite not getting the job, I still have a very good overall impression of Vodafone. We had an introduction talk and then went straight into the group task, where we were given 25 minutes to read over some background information and then discuss and present. Then, we had our individual interviews, and finally we had an individual presentation in the same format as before. Everyone was very friendly.
    The APPLICATION PROCESS took months to complete, the emails were of poor quality, and they mucked up with my video interview so they thought I hadn't completed it on time and nearly chucked me out of the application process before I pointed out to them this was wrong.

Interview Questions

• - An example of a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution
      - Tell me about yourself
      - Tell me about a time when you delivered amazing customer service   Answer Question

May 18, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for leaving a review. It's very important for us, as we always work on improving our recruitment process. Good luck with your future career!

Discover Technology Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

(expanded from my previous published interview)
    I was invited to a Video Interview through an external App (Talent Spot)
    Video Interview:
    I'd say this was fairly average in terms of the questions
    Doing some research on Vodafone and their services offered really helped with this stage as they do ask how much you know about them and what kind of technologies you're interested in in the Telecommunications area

From this (After roughly 1-2 business days) i was invited to the Assessment Centre:

At the assessment day we had the opportunity to talk with some of the graduates, although some were not on the specific scheme for technology.
    This day consisted of 3 stages: A group discussion task, 1-1 interview and a presentation. but there was a campus tour included to get to know the people and the environment.

Group Discussion:
    A brief was given on the day about an upcoming technology with Vodafone. The task was to just discuss the potential benefits, impact and changes.
    So for instance, how does this new technology change how we interact with customers? how can we advertise this? do Vodafone lose business with this technology?

My best piece of advice is to not necessarily lead the group. They want someone who can use good supported points to direct the groups discussion or even reflect on other students and their opinion. Make sure to voice the facts clearly and think through them first.
    Some prior research really helps with this task, looking at what Vodafone offers and how can really add to your opinion of the product and services and how they will change and it certainly will show an interest into the role

1-1 Interview:
    These consisted of some basic competency questions, like why Vodafone? When have you received/given good customer experiences?
    It's okay to think about these questions before answering! They're looking for how you fit into Vodafone and where you want to be in your career.

Presentation:
    This section was probably the harder in my experiences. Much like the group discussion a brief is given about a client and technology, the aim is to present this technology to the client as a solution through Vodafone.

Be sure to prepare and make notes on the brief to support your wording. always be clear and its alright if you get caught up in your sentence just relax and carry on.

The Tour:
    The tour was great actually, the campus really has more than you can ask for from a Canteen to a campus Salon and Gym! but also this tour is given by more current grads so this is a good time to get all the questions in and see what its really like without feeling supervised by the assessment team.

My main piece of advice: do some simple research, what do Vodafone offer (both services, mobiles enterprise solutions) and see what can be used.

Interview Questions

• When have you solved a problem as a team?   Answer Question
    • When have you provided good customer service?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest Strength? How can this be applied to your Vodafone role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a problem you've encountered? how did you encounter it, what happened next, how was this resolved?   Answer Question

Mar 21, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for leaving a review. We're glad to see that you enjoyed the day at the Assessment Centre and had an overall positive experience. Welcome to the team!

Discover Graduate (Technology) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online tests, and Video interview, then an Assessment Day. Assessment day was composed of a Group Presentation(Case study on eSim's), Individual Presentation and then a 1:1 interview.
    Group presentation was a case study that is monitored by 5 people. The Assessment Day was a fun experience and gives a decent insight as what the Graduate placement is like. You are also able to speak to graduates who are currently on the program.

Interview Questions

• Why Vodafone, Tell me about a time when you noticed a problem before others, etc.   Answer Question

Feb 14, 2017

Hi, thanks a lot for leaving a review. We're glad that you had a good experience during the Assessment Day, and that you could gain good insights about life at Vodafone. Welcome to the team!

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1 - Online Form
    2 - Online Logical Test
    3 - On-Demand Video with 6 questions focused on fit and behaviour (e.g. What did you find most interesting about Vodafone? When was your contribution critical for the success of a team?). You have 30 seconds to think about the answer and 3 minutes to record the answer.
    4 - Assessment Centre at Newbury (HQ) composed by 3 activities (group dynamic + one on one presentation + one on one interview). The group dynamic was focused on solving a crisis situation in group. The presentation was based on a case that was provided to you. You had 45 mins to prepare and you must present in 10 mins (there is Q&A in the end). The interview is mostly based on fit and behaviour, with 1 or 2 competency questions.

Interview Questions

• You should prepare many questions related to Vodafone and why you want to work for Vodafone. Then, you should also think about your strenghts, weaknesses, what can you add to the company, how your past professional experiences prepared you for this opportunity and your skills. Moreover, think about the job position you are applying for - what does it require? what skills are important? what are the challenges?   Answer Question

Mar 7, 2017

Hello and thank you for the review. We hope that the interview process was a positive experience for you. Do let us know if there is anything you would like to point out.