Vodafone Interview Questions in Newbury, England | Glassdoor

Vodafone Interview Questions in Newbury, England

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Discover Graduate (Technology) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online tests, and Video interview, then an Assessment Day. Assessment day was composed of a Group Presentation(Case study on eSim's), Individual Presentation and then a 1:1 interview.
    Group presentation was a case study that is monitored by 5 people. The Assessment Day was a fun experience and gives a decent insight as what the Graduate placement is like. You are also able to speak to graduates who are currently on the program.

Interview Questions

• Why Vodafone, Tell me about a time when you noticed a problem before others, etc.   Answer Question

Feb 14, 2017

Hi, thanks a lot for leaving a review. We're glad that you had a good experience during the Assessment Day, and that you could gain good insights about life at Vodafone. Welcome to the team!

Technical Dicover Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was invited to a Video Interview through external app
    Invited to assessment center:
    - Group Discussion (20 mins to prepare) discuss given technology: impact, advancements etc
    - 1-1 Interview
    - Presentation (material provided on the day, 25 mins to prepare. 10 min presentation, 10min Q+A)
    Contacted within 1-3 working days after

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

Feb 14, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our interview process. Welcome to the team!

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview with Manager and human resources representative. Roughly 45mins in duration, covering role, skills, aspirations, references, and applied methodology. Some role play scenarios described checking for suitable behaviours. Full review of CV. Overall consider a typical interview experience, with some opportunities to ask management questions. Good luck in your interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example on when you have had to change someones mind?   Answer Question

Feb 20, 2017

Hi, thanks a lot for leaving your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. Welcome to the team!

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Competency based interview. Hiring Manager and person leaving the role interviewed me. Really well thought through questions. The process itself was a great experience from the initial phone call informing me that I had an interview all the way to the feedback request afterwards. Very professional and polite. Great reflection on the company.

Interview Questions

• Included CV run through and details of certain points, why you are interested in Vodafone etc   Answer Question

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there, thank you for your feedback!

Discover Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online testing

Designed to test your problem-solving skills, the tests will tell us whether you’re capable of working with different types of information, thinking through problems from a fresh perspective and are comfortable with complexity and explaining your thinking to others.

Interview

Vodafone wants to know you better and understand what motivates you. It’s also a great opportunity for you to ask us any questions you might have.

Assessment Centre

Taking place throughout the year, our assessment centres give you the chance to meet us and find out what life at Vodafone is really like. The assessment day will include group exercises, presentation and an interview.

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

Jan 3, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for leaving your feedback. Welcome to the team!

Senior Product Manager - UK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

As this is a contract position it was one interview with the hiring manager, this was a 1:1 meeting. there is an initial call screening interview with HR to start with but this is more of a formality. The only problem is they can't answer any detailed questions about the role as they span the whole of Vodafone so aren't specialists in your particular field and that particular part of the business.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the role? What skills and experience do you bring and how would you apply it? How do you manage multiple stakeholders in a matrix organisation?   Answer Question

Feb 20, 2017

Hi, thanks a lot for leaving a review. We are glad that you had a positive experience. We also appreciate your opinion about the opportunity of receiving more information about the job role, as we ... More

Sales and Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the Vodafone Careers website. This involved filling in my personal details and attaching my CV and a cover letter. I applied on the Thursday evening and I was called at 9am on the Friday morning by the recruiter. During the phone call the recruiter verified if I had the relevant skills and knowledge and asked why I was looking to leave my current employer and my salary expectations. She then informed me that the hiring manager would come back to her quickly as to if she would like to interview me. The recruiter then contacted me on the Friday afternoon to ask if I would like to attend an interview and she gave me the interview slots available. I chose an interview the following Friday. The recruiter was friendly and professional during our contact.

I attended the interview with the Hiring Manager at Vodafone HQ on the Friday.
    The reception staff were very friendly and wished me luck - Once the hiring manager came down to collect me she took me into a well presented meeting room.

The interview was one of the best I have attended. It was relaxed and the hiring manager was so passionate and interesting! I could have talked to her all day! Rather than ask me set interview questions she discussed how the role had come up, how I would report to her and another Manager and what her position in the company was. She then asked me to tell me about myself and my previous positions. Throughout our discussion she remained positive and engaging.

At the end of the interview she said she had another candidate to interview the next week and she hoped to be in touch by the end of that week. In the mean time she said if i had any questions to speak to the recruitment lady who I had the telephone Interview with. I walked out of the building wanting to start a job at Vodafone that day!

Unfortunately I was called the following Friday afternoon to say that they had chosen another candidate due to their background at similar company. Although this was disappointing the recruiter was very positive and said she wouldn't hesitate to contact me regarding similar roles.

My tips for other candidates who are either looking into a career with Vodafone or who are attending an interview are to: Research the company and industry news. Be yourself!

It was an excellent experience even though I was unsuccessful. The HQ is fantastic and everyone who I spoke to during the process were so friendly and passionate! You are put at ease which really helps.

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

Dec 5, 2016

Hi, thanks a lot for leaving your feedback!

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process for retail advisor is very smooth. Apply for the position and upload your cv. Then according to your skills you will receive a video interview. If you do well in video interview, you will receive a call for face to face and the person will explain the activities for the interview on phone.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join Vodafone.   1 Answer

Aug 30, 2016 – Attraction and Social Media Manager

Thanks for your feedback, we are pleased it was a smooth process. Welcome to the team.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, uploaded CV and completed three questions on why I was applying, why Vodafone etc.

I was asked to complete a couple of aptitude tests online, maths and literacy. Both quite challenging as you're under a time limit.

I was then asked a handful of pre-recorded questions online and you're given a couple of minutes to answer each question via webcam on the spot. A mix of questions so just do your industry research!

I was then asked to attend an assessment day at Vodafone HQ in Newbury, a full day of challenges and a chance to meet current grads and have a tour round HQ.
    We had two team challenges based on real working scenarios at Vodafone and an individual task where you are given a scenario to prepare a presentation from and present one on one to an assessor. Finally I had an individual interview with an assessor just going over my CV and answering relevant questions on competency. Again, probably best to be yourself and be ready to ask questions as well as highlight you're own capabilities.

Overall the process was quick and enjoyable, no long waits for decisions. I was contacted with 72 working hours of the assessment day and offered a place on the program. The assessment day in particular really opened my eyes to the opportunities and prospects for a grad at Vodafone, the team made it interesting and enjoyable. The only stressful part was having to eat lunch standing up whilst wearing a white shirt, however the pizza was great so well done Vodafone.

Interview Questions

• One of the trickier webcam questions: If you were stuck in the lift with the Vodafone CEO, what would you ask him?   1 Answer

Mar 22, 2016 – Attraction and Social Media Manager

Great feedback, glad you enjoyed the day and pizza.

Discover Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied in May 2016. The whole process took about a month.

Firstly, application process asking for basic details name address etc. and 3 questions e.g. why Vodafone?

Next stage was the video interview consisting of 10 questions. Some questions were difficult like, If you were stuck in the lift with the CEO, what one question would you ask? You can do the questions in your own time.

Next and final stage was the assessment centre day. Short notice from when I got the email to when the assessment day was going to take place. The HQ at Newbury is fantastic and all the staff were really welcoming. A full day consisting of group tasks, interview and a presentation. It was very relaxed and fun compared to other company assessment centres.

Took about week to find out if I got the job or not. Vodafone call you up regardless of whether you got the job or not and also offer a feedback session over the phone to find out how you did.

Interview Questions

• If you were stuck in the lift with the CEO, what one question would you ask?   Answer Question

Although the HQ is a wonderful place, salary to living costs ratio was not worth it.

Jul 20, 2016 – Attraction and Social Media Manager

Thanks for the feedback and sorry you didn't accept the offer. We do discuss the salary at the very start so you can make a decision from the very start.