Vodafone Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Vodafone Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 18, 2017

273 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Brand Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Lost budget for the role after I interviewed. Overall experience was terrible, hiring manager clearly knew there was no point in interviewing me and seemed distracted and more interested in listening to herself than asking questions;

Interview Questions

• talk about CV, tell me about a time when you put customers first   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vodafone.

Interview

It was a very nerve wracking experience. I applied online, then had a video interview in which I had to answer questions, I definitely felt unprepared but I got a face to face interview with two guys. The interview went okay I felt, there was 3 tasks, some of which weren't very well explained but the guys interviewing me were really nice, the conversation flowed well and it was very comforting. I didn't receive the job but was told I could receive feedback, I emailed 3 times asking for some feedback for ways I could improve in future interviews but heard nothing which I feel like is very rude considering I was told in the face to face interview and via email that I could get feedback.

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

Aug 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry that you still haven't received feedback from your interview, as this is not the experience we want to provide. Please email... More

Discover Graduate - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newburn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newburn, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process was fairly standard for a graduate programme. The first stage was online tests. There were two tests, the first was logic based and had 24 questions to answer in 20 minutes. The second was situational strengths and had no time limit. These were reasonably straightforward.
    I heard back within a few days and was invited to complete a video interview. This had (I think!) 8 questions, which were competency based eg. When did you give good customer service/ what's the most interesting thing you have found out about Vodafone. The question is read out on screen and then you have 30s to prepare and 1 or 2 minutes to answer. I rarely used the whole time available.
    Finally I was invited to the assessment centre which was half a day. The staff were so friendly and approachable, and it was very relaxed - we interviewed on a sofa! There were 3 tasks. First the group activity - 20 minutes to read information about a new technology to Vodafone, 20 minutes to discuss as a group and then 5 minutes for someone to present what was decided. Then the individual presentation (not scary - you sit next to an assessor basically and just explain your ideas for 10 minutes). You first have 25 minutes to prepare from information provided and there are 10 minutes for questions at the end. Finally the interview. This starts as basically why you /why Vodafone and is followed by four competency questions based on morrisons values. Very relaxed and friendly.

I should also add the the assessment centre is paperless so you have to take your notes on a tablet. I felt that this did slow me down a bit but didn't seem to hinder me too much.

Overall a well organised assessment process with friendly helpful staff all along.

They called me the day after the assessment day to offer me the job!

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

Aug 16, 2017

Hi, thank you for leaving a review of your experience. We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and were offered the job. We hope you enjoy your time and Vodafone and wish you the... More

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vodafone.

Interview

Skipped the application and psychometric testing. Video Interview was ok but a bit nervewracking if its your first time. Cannot redo and do not get any feedback. Waited for a long time after being told I was initially successful to then be told I wasn't. I then got rung up and asked to come to an assessment day which they would not pay for travel expenses so I had to decline.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a lift with the CEO what would you ask and why   Answer Question

Jun 23, 2017

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry that you have listed this review as a bad experience but we would like to reassure you that we are working on our interview... More

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vodafone (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I submitted the application on Thursday afternoon, got a call from the recruiter a couple of hours later and had a video interview the next morning, why Vodafone, give me an example of a good/bad customer service experience etc. Later on that day, I got invited for a face-to-face interview on Monday.

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

Jun 14, 2017

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy that you respond positively to our interview process. We would like to wish you good luck in your career with us!

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

CV submitted online. I was the called by HR for an unexpected telephone call with questions such as what I knew about the company etc. She advised I'd hear by the end of the week whether I had a face to face interview. After two and half weeks I received an email inviting me to interview at fairly short notice (a couple of working days later). It also asked me to have a scheduled call with someone else from HR to brief me for the interview. He was friendly but made the hiring manager sound inappropriately scary. I received a call to say the hiring manager couldn't make my Monday interview after 5pm on Friday when I had already left work so had to lose a days annual leave. They arranged it for the following week and then cancelled again but giving enough notice for me to change my leave booking. The week after that they called to change the time but not cancel this time. The interview itself was a positive experience with friendly, professional and competent seeming individuals. Three weeks went past after which I left a message for HR. They then sent me an email asking to schedule another phone call to give feedback. When I spoke to them it became clear that they had forgotten to send out the rejection email but they took the time to give positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Vodafones CSR (tel interview question)   Answer Question

Aug 15, 2017

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're sorry you had a negative experience during your interview. This isn't the experience we want to provide, and we'd like to reassure you... More

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (London, England (UK)).

Interview

HR interview, followed by line manager interview x2, then line manager's manager, then director. this entire process took two months. good discussion and good questions asked. all the managers were professional. HR people are external - had a couple of issues in setting up a phone call with them.

Interview Questions

• what do you consider the most successful project, and why?   1 Answer

May 31, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for your review. It's nice to see that you had a smooth and positive experience throughout the recruitment process. We wish you all the best in your career with us!

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vodafone (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

At first you submit your CV, once that's done you will be emailed in regards to a video interview which is simple and easy to follow as long as you have researched the company and know what to say. Once you have completed that, someone will contact you for an interview however, mine did take up to two weeks but the role I applied for had already been taken so I did my own research and looked for other vacancies near me and had found one, contacted them and they set a date for my face to face interview. This was my favourite, my manager was so lovely so my nerves did automatically die down straight away, first I did a presentation (you will be emailed a brief beforehand), following that I did a role play and after I had my interview.
    Overall, I loved the experience and definitely made me aware that there are jobs out there who will take you for the person you are and will love you! I was so nervous and was trying to read as many reviews as possible but I realised some are very outdated and it was hard. My advice to you would be act yourself and be confident, it will pay off! Good luck

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

May 15, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for leaving your feedback on the recruitment process. We're glad to hear that you've had a very positive experience, especially how the final interview made you feel... More

Vodafone Graduate Group Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Vodafone (Newbury, England) in May 2017. The first round was some psychometric tests. Easy ones, but preparation is needed. Then there was a video interview:1) tell me about yourself 2) What did u read about Vodafone that surprised you 3) Name one religious, political or social factor that had an impact on telecommunications in general and on Vodafone in particular and how HR could handle it?They replied very quickly even though they clarified that the fact that I succeeded in video interview does not mean necessarily that I will be invited to the Assessment Center. In the Assessment Center, everybody was very friendly; you will feel comfortable during the whole process. 1)group exercise; business case--> don't be antagonistic, just be yourself, creative and respectful (20 min to read the info +5 min to present -only one person presents-) 2) presentation; business case --> you are not an expert, you are a graduate. Make sure you have read and understood the provided info (20 min to read the context + up to 10 min to present). 3) 1-1 interview. This is the time to shine! Be honest, be yourself! Usually, I am anxious in such situations, but they made me feel very comfortable and confident. It is very important to make a research about the company (history, values, products, services, rewards etc.) Nothing to be afraid of. BE YOURSELF!

Interview Questions

Vodafone Response

May 18, 2017

Hi, thank you for leaving a review. We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience and enjoyed the Assessment day. Good luck in your career with us!

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vodafone in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, next day I received invitation for an video Interview.
    Using the app (HireVue) you get 30 seconds to prepare and 3 min one time shot video for each questions. You can choose practice sessions before the actual video shots.

2 days later, resourcing team called to say I got to the next stage, interview with the store manager.

You will receive email to choose 1 from 3 presentations, and to prepare this for the manager to see during the interview as well as customer play role.

I felt the interview went well, 3 days later I received job offer.

Interview Questions

• I'm a customer I'm not happy with my bill. This question will cone up on play role.   1 Answer
    • Presentation questions   1 Answer

May 31, 2017

Hi there, thanks a lot for leaving a review! We're happy that the recruitment process was smooth and quick, and you had a positive experience during the different steps. Welcome to the team!