VoiceBase Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

0.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at VoiceBase

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VoiceBase (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview with the VoiceBase software engineering team. My interview panel was a mix of experienced engineers and seasoned product managers. We talked about architecture/design patterns, 'gotchas' of using several specific software frameworks, practical challenges scaling and evolving distributed data processing systems, RESTful API design and implementation etc. All of the interviewers showed a genuine interest in my past experience. One of the 1-hr sessions was dedicated to solving an interesting distributed computing problem, starting from a simple local-memory version and adding more and more depth to it incrementally, touching most of the fundamentals of modern distributed computing. Finally, I got a chance to talk to the VP of Engineering - and I was impressed by his technical vision for the emerging 'Big Voice' industry and the VoiceBase strategy.

Interview Questions

• Implement an algorithm to minimize a sum of two variables over a large distributed collection of floating values   1 Answer