Volkswagen Group of America Graduate Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volkswagen Group of America Graduate Program Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process takes around six months. You apply, do a 7 question interview where you record your answers with a software and it then sends to the hiring manager. They decide who goes to the next round which are Skype interviews along with a PPT and Excel test. Depending on the positions you chose, answers may vary. They ask a lot of questions like "describe a time when..." After that, if they like you, you fly to HQ for the last interview.

My interviewer was an hour late because they forgot or didn't look at their schedule right. Didn't know the position I was applying for so I had to correct them. Because they were late, we had to settle for a phone call. Didn't receive an offer after that whole debacle. They were nice at least.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were put in a difficult situation where you had to compromise.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you were wrong and learned from your mistake.   Answer Question
  • General questions about their company: biggest competitor, weakness, name some of their cars (from Volkswagen, Audi, etc). Why Volkswagen and this industry?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Volkswagen Group of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

One way skype interview. 7 Questions. Unlimited attempts to answer, so make sure you rehearse your response and don't say "um" and stutter. The next step is an in-person or over-the-phone interview. The final interview consists of VW flying you out to their HQ in Virginia.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to adapt and overcome a challenging situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was a one way skype interview followed by a phone interview. The whole process was very cordial and enjoyable, with talented representatives. They asked seven questions, each with a minute to respond. The questions were your basic interview questions.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

Extremely long and competitive, but worth it! Their application was released in in early October, final interviews in February, and final decisions in March.

Preliminary screening round-fill out application online.
    First round- Phone interview.
    Second Round- Skype interview.
    Third round- 2 day interview process at their headquarters in Herndon.

Hundreds of grads apply each year to fill a little over a dozen spots, so it is highly competitive. However, this program is an amazing opportunity for new grads pursuing an entry-level job. There's tons of room for growth and you get to do a completely new job every couple of months for the duration of this program (2 years). You're able to find out what your likes and dislikes are in your field which is a high advantage for new grads. Plus, everyone who works at VW who I've met so far are incredibly bright, yet down to earth, friendly, and extremely helpful. I highly recommend this program to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Name the makes of some of our models.   Answer Question
    • What advances have been made in the auto industry/where do you see it going?   Answer Question
    • Typical behavioral questions (strengths/weaknesses and what you would do in certain situations).   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

Took from October until late February. First was phone interview, then skype interview, then two day visit to headquarters. Each recruiter was very nice. The only negative was the length that the entire process took. Was hard to accept other offers when you were waiting to hear back about moving on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't have your normal resources how would you solve a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Over four months long, but HR did a great job of being in contact, answering questions, and being supportive.
    Included a phone screen, video interview with HR, one way video interview with SparkHire, and two days at HQ. First day was an introduction & group assignment, second day was a panel interview for each position.
    If you know and are confident in what you are talking about, it's an easy process.

Graduate Program Interview

Interview

Phone Screening, Skype Interview, and then In person 2 day interview. Great program, but it takes a long time to go through the interview process. You will not speak to a non HR hiring manage until the last step.

Interview Questions

• Why VW?

Name some of our cars?

Where is the Autp industry headed?

tell us about a time when you handled significant change?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring process began with a phone interview, then a video or in-person interiew, followed by a final interview day at the headquarters in Herndon, Virginia. The process was very long and grueling but was worth it. The program thus far has been great and I thoroughly enjoy everyone I work with. It is an excellent opportunity for recent college graduates and can provide a solid foundation for a career at the company.

It helps to have a passion for the products/industry because it will show and the company is looking for and needs more people who believe in the brands.

Interview Questions

• What manufacturer(s) is Volkswagen's largest competitor(s)?   1 Answer