Volkswagen Group of America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 122 of over 122 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA)

Interview

This was a multi-step interview process with Recruiter for phone screen, Hiring Manager for behavioral and technical questions, and members of my current team with more problem solving and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilemma?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Belmont, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

A few rounds on Zoom with HR, direct reporting manager (VW in Virginia), local management (Belmont) and 2 co-workers. They have a set procedure for interviewing for characteristics, style, fit with principles and culture . The questions that were job-specific were more to find out my capacity to grow intellectually. Because they cannot show you the specific projects they have underway at the development lab, they can only ask generalized questions which allude to the specific work. I framed all answers with STAR-O approach (situation, tactic, action, result, outcomes) and that worked quite well!

Interview Questions
  • How do you work with international management team members, who have different or competing priorities than the localized team?

Volkswagen Group of America

Application

I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America

Interview

Typical process with general interview questions and a tech screening. The interviews were all casual and welcoming overall. Each interview was an hour or so long with 1-3 interviewers each time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Volkswagen Group of America

Application

I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America

Interview

Virtual interview between me and the head of the department with one other person who lead one of the sub departments. It was done over Skype for business and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Explain some of the coursework and projects I have completed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Belmont, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Applied in the last quarter of 2020 and process extended into 2021. It was a series of four remote interviews, including a technical presentation and questions from a panel that lasted approximately three hours. Initial call with an internal recruiter to determine that my experience matched the job posting, that I would be willing to relocate, and that the salary range was acceptable. Then an hour conversation with the hiring manager / direct supervisor covering mostly behavioral questions and specific work history examples. The long interview was three hours, including a 20 minute technical presentation and later break-out sessions with local experts and potential team mates. Finally there was an hour formal behavioral interview based on 5 questions from the larger VWGoA organization. The themes are provided to you before hand, but not the exact phrasing of the question.

Interview Questions
  • How would you evaluate project proposals or offers to collaborate?
  • Tell us about a time when you were pressured to compromise on your personal integrity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Seattle, WA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Long and tedious with a lot of time spent discussing bureaucratic formalities, rather than anything useful. In my first call with the hiring manager, he spent a good 30 minutes just telling me about the interview process -- it sounded like he was reading from a script. Expect the entire process to take several months.

Interview Questions
  • I declined to proceed further after the "competency interview" because, silly me, I expected this to be a voir dire of my program management and technical experience. Instead, it was a test to see if I spoke corporate Newspeak doubleplusgood. I think they are trying to copy the interview process that Amazon uses -- they just got it horribly wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Redmond, WA) in Mar 2020

Interview

Hr over the phone Hacker rank --- > very easy Technical manager --easy Technical -- Easier than hacker rank I am not sure how even after getting the right answer they said the technical interview was bad.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in Jan 2020

Interview

First, there is a one-way video screen with behavioral questions. Then, there is a video interview with someone from HR. Then, if the HR people like you, your application gets submitted to hiring managers to review. Then, if selected, you'll make it to the final interview round at the HQ in Herndon. The final interview is two days long, one day with lunch/company overview/group case study activity/cocktail reception with hiring managers. The next day is dedicated to panel interviews. The big con of this process is the time it takes - but it's understandable since they have thousands of applications. The process is really great considering - HR does an amazing job of keeping you updated, hitting timeline dates early, and answering questions. The group case study was very short - 45 minutes to analyze data and create a PP presentation on one computer in a group of 6-8 people. Then, you present in front of the group and hiring managers for 5 minutes. All around a pretty easy, but hectic, and you have to show your teamwork and presentation skills in a short amount of time. The panel interview was very relaxed - maybe it was because I met the people interviewing me the night before at the cocktail reception. The interviewers were great, kept things light, but also threw in some difficult questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Belmont, CA) in Dec 2019

Interview

A third-party recruiter (CyberCoders) reached out. I had the first phone interview in October. The whole interview scheduling and communication was very unprofessional and insulting both with VW and CyberCoders. They did not get back to me and made me wait until late December which they finally schedule the onsite. My onsite interview went well. VW recruiter called me and said the team loved you, we are going to send you the offer in early Jan (she also mentioned she can push people to send the offer it in Dec if I am in a hurry). In the first week of Jan, they told me there is some paperwork that they need to complete before they send the offer. In mid-Jan, I emailed them and asked about the situation and if they can expedite the process. I was surprised to hear the same recruiter said we never told you we are going to give you an offer, we are still interviewing!!!!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Interviews