Volkswagen Group of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA).

Interview

The HR manger that I worked with was an amazing introduction to the company. She was very receptive, easy to get along with and constantly keeping in touch which I greatly appreciated.

As others have said the entire process is much more laid back than other companies. I felt totally comfortable from the phone screen to the in person presentation.

Started as a phone screen with HR reviewing experiences, background, expectations and organizational overview. That lead to a phone interview with a panel of managers (including the hiring manager) that consisted of mostly behavioral questions. That lead to an in person care study presentation with a 4 person panel. All expectations were extremely clear and communicated well in advance.

They are very direct and will ask you the tough questions so be prepared and know your subject matter like the back of your hand.

Offers took less than 24 business hours to be communicated for all interviews and final offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VW?   Answer Question
    • What are we doing wrong? What would you suggest we fix?   Answer Question
    • Where do we have opportunity in the market and where could we invest resources to grow the business?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone to do something.   Answer Question

Launch Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

i had one interview that was facilitated by a internal contact. It was very easy and stress free. Know some history on the company though

Interview Questions

• name 7 models of cars produced by VW   2 Answers

Negotiation

salary was not negotable but you get a raise within the first year if you do well

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

A fairly routine interview. There was a phone interview with the temp agency. Then I had the interview with 2 of the hiring managers, 1 of which ended up being my boss. The questions were very reasonable and what you would expect from any company. The questions change when you apply for a permanent position. When I started, everyone began as a temp then had to get hired on as a permanent employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you had with a co-worker, what was the problem, how was it brought to your attention and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

Was asked to come in to interview on very short notice, which I was not expecting however I had a couple of days to prepare. Interview laid back and they made you feel comfortable. Questions were standard, mainly going over resume and current/previous roles. It seemed as if they wanted to see if I was the right fit for the position.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Standard interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in September 2012.

Interview

Application is online; updates are visible in the talent portal.
    Asked to interview in Early September via phone. Offered position early November via phone. Position start date was January.
    I got a call to offer the position. They also inform you via email if you are not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about engine components such as valves, camshaft, and crankshaft.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in April 2015.

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation and that was it. However, after I got there, they revealed that they received a few resumes from HR and mine was the most impressive.. which surprised me.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Resume screening
    2. Telephonic Interview
    3. Coding assignment - 7 day challenge
    4. Presentation of results

The interview was very well structuresd, focussed entirely on analytical skills that would actually be relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a software to detect traffic lights   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't an option here

IT Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very frustrating for what amounted to a mid-level position. There were 5 interviews before I told them I would not take further time off to interview again. Ultimately, I got the job but the bureaucratic interview was a great into to a very bureaucratic company.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions -it was a very normal interview   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by Ms. Robsinon who expressed interested in my resume and asked that I respond with a time to speak that worked for me the following day. She provided a time window and I selected a time that fell within that window. Coincidentally, was off the following day, and had to then plan my day around this supposed phone interview, which was smack dab in the middle of my day off. I also had to spend an hour on their website to be able to speak effectively about the company and the position. Well, I never heard back from her with any kind of acknowledgement of my email, nor did she get back as a COURTESY to let me know fo rsome reason she became uninterested (most likely my salary expectations). RUDE. I did not bother to follow up, because frankly, it makes her look bad as well as that company. I know two other people who had bad experiences with them as well and hear they lowball salary-wise. One of my friends flew to Detroit to interview for a $60K position which she did not get, the other had FOUR INTERVIEWS for an administrative position which fell through, again, she claims NO RESPONSE at all after all the time she invested in the interview process. RUDE RUDE RUDE. Some of these recruiters simply don't READ your full profile before contacting you, then they drop off the map after they initiate contact, which is unprofessional. UNPROFESSIONAL.

Interview Questions

• When can you speak to me over the telephone about this position?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

brief phone interview with hiring manager first then in person interviews followed. was very strait forward and to the point. received interview due to a referral. I believe that was the best way to get to the interview as previous attempts to apply received no response.