Volkswagen Group of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volkswagen Group of America Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.8

Chat Agent Interview

Interview

several questions about your skills and about the job it self. It was not hard but a bit intimidating as there were several people in the room and I was the only one being interviewed.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, MA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Lancaster, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Again, a set of HR people who are only interested to know how much $ one is making. They don't seem to care about anything else. I bet they don't have good and talented individuals on staff, which can explain why they cheated on the Emission tests and are now paying a big fine.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

It is a pretty long process that starts back in October where they open the application window for about two weeks. They receive hundreds of applications throughout that window. If passing the initial screening, applicants are invited to a video interview where the applicant has to answer 7 questions and has 1min to answer each question, yet has unlimited tries of recording his/her answer. The next round consists of an in-person or skype interview with a recruiter that asks some HR questions, followed by some role specific questions. In addition, the applicant is required to successfully pass an excel and a power point assessment. For the next and final round the company invites the applicant to its corporate HQ in Herndon, VA for a two-day event. The first day consists a representation of the brand, a Q&A, and Case Study. The second day consists of the scheduled interviews with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the automotive industry leading? Name some of our cars! Tell me about a situation where you...   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in November of 2016. It wasn't until February of 2017 that I heard a response. The process then took one week. I Received an E-Mail from a corporate recruiter asking for a resume. After some correspondence, I was told I would receive a a phone call. The screening phone call lasted 35 minutes. Academic background and experience was touched on. I was told I would hear about a decision a week later. That same day I received positive feedback to arrive for an on-site interview that same week. I arrived near the end of the week in the morning and the on-site interview was held with 2 managers and one HR Manager. The interview was very relaxed and they made it very easy to not feel extremely nervous, unlike other interviews I had participated in. For instance, a local carpet manufacturer interviewed me for 2.5 hours and I was never hired, ironically enough VW interviewed me for less than 30 minutes and the feedback was positive that same day. Therefore, I was given an offer and I immediately accepted!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple tasks with that were all important and all were urgent?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

A fairly routine interview. There was a phone interview with the temp agency. Then I had the interview with 2 of the hiring managers, 1 of which ended up being my boss. The questions were very reasonable and what you would expect from any company. The questions change when you apply for a permanent position. When I started, everyone began as a temp then had to get hired on as a permanent employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you had with a co-worker, what was the problem, how was it brought to your attention and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Skilled Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Multiple trips for different things. Very upfront with expectations and compensations. No surprises. Health screen. Skills test. Drug test. Interview with supervisor and human resources. Nothing that I can remember stands out as anything out of the ordinary.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process takes around six months. You apply, do a 7 question interview where you record your answers with a software and it then sends to the hiring manager. They decide who goes to the next round which are Skype interviews along with a PPT and Excel test. Depending on the positions you chose, answers may vary. They ask a lot of questions like "describe a time when..." After that, if they like you, you fly to HQ for the last interview.

My interviewer was an hour late because they forgot or didn't look at their schedule right. Didn't know the position I was applying for so I had to correct them. Because they were late, we had to settle for a phone call. Didn't receive an offer after that whole debacle. They were nice at least.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were put in a difficult situation where you had to compromise.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were wrong and learned from your mistake.   Answer Question
    • General questions about their company: biggest competitor, weakness, name some of their cars (from Volkswagen, Audi, etc). Why Volkswagen and this industry?   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online took about 1 week for an online interview. The online interview lasted about 30 mins. They will show you the question on the screen and you just need to record the questions online and can do it many times you want.

After submitted the video I didn't get any response I am assuming that I am not qualified for the job.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

One way skype interview. 7 Questions. Unlimited attempts to answer, so make sure you rehearse your response and don't say "um" and stutter. The next step is an in-person or over-the-phone interview. The final interview consists of VW flying you out to their HQ in Virginia.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to adapt and overcome a challenging situation.   1 Answer

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I got an email from the HR person to set up a Skype interview. I had the interview a week later. I got a rejection email the day after. Not sure if they just didn't think I was a good fit or if it was because I'm in another location or I just didn't do well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• They just wanted to know about me, like my education and my work experience. Pretty in depth about what I do at my current job and if I had any experience testing. They also asked about my GPA and if I was satisfied with it.   Answer Question