Volkswagen Group of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA).

Interview

The HR manger that I worked with was an amazing introduction to the company. She was very receptive, easy to get along with and constantly keeping in touch which I greatly appreciated.

As others have said the entire process is much more laid back than other companies. I felt totally comfortable from the phone screen to the in person presentation.

Started as a phone screen with HR reviewing experiences, background, expectations and organizational overview. That lead to a phone interview with a panel of managers (including the hiring manager) that consisted of mostly behavioral questions. That lead to an in person care study presentation with a 4 person panel. All expectations were extremely clear and communicated well in advance.

They are very direct and will ask you the tough questions so be prepared and know your subject matter like the back of your hand.

Offers took less than 24 business hours to be communicated for all interviews and final offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for VW?   Answer Question
    • What are we doing wrong? What would you suggest we fix?   Answer Question
    • Where do we have opportunity in the market and where could we invest resources to grow the business?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone to do something.   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews including video and one on one skype, online assessments, sending in transcript and then being invited for on-site interviews. Interviewer was very nice, but asked confusing questions and then pushed me even further asking for more information repeatedly.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite brands? What models of VW and Audi do you know? Which is your favorite?   Answer Question

Product Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Auburn Hills, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

The process was a smooth as anyone could have hoped. My recruiting contact was, and continues to be, one of the most helpful and experienced that I have ever dealt with. She was consistently available to provide me with everything I needed to move forward, and I am thankful to say that I eventually received a job offer. I could not have done it without her. The ability to humanize what is generally such a cold process is so welcoming for someone interviewing. I could not have asked for anything better, and I am very grateful.

Digital Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview took about two hours, with two rounds of interviews (three employees at each round, each round took about one hour). The interviewers gave great insight about the company and their goals. I was nervous and intimidated at first, but it didn't take long for me to feel comfortable talking to them since they took the time to introduce themselves and their roles to me. Only downside was since the interview was two rounds back-to-back, it felt a little exhausting having to repeat myself to the second round of interviewers. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the experience and was offered the position a week later. I immediately accepted and it's been one of the best decisions of my life!

Interview Questions

• What are two pieces of Volkswagen Digital Marketing Content that can be improved?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Volkswagen's competitors?   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite brands / least favorite brands (and describe why they are successful/unsuccessful)   Answer Question
    • Describe your work/design process   Answer Question

2018 Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Pullman, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first step in the process is a SparkHire interview where you record your responses after being asked 7 basic questions about yourself and experiences. The questions are basic and do not need much preparation.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you exhibited excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Insurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

The interview process took less than half an hour/I was on time and dressed in a two piece suit. the Interviewer was Mark was dressed casually. All my answers were direct and to the point. I was offered the job, however do to location and pay offered, It was not feasible to accept the position due to its location and pay offered.

Interview Questions

• One of the Questions asked was... If I could recall a time when I had an problem with a customer was I able to revolve their problem.   1 Answer
    • Why did I leave my last job?   1 Answer
    • Did I enjoy working for Volkswagen?   1 Answer
    • What are some of the things that I would be looking for in new job?   1 Answer
    • When could I start?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in May 2017.

Interview

First I met the manager of the department and chatted about the position, my experience and expectations. It was informal and the atmosphere was great. It went well and I got a topic to present on about 2-3 weeks later. The team was very friendly and we had great discussions afterwards. According to the management they needed someone ASAP and they would get back to me within a week. Then nothing. I called and sent emails after a couple of weeks. Finally, weeks later I got a response saying that they can’t offer the position to me without any further explanation. Luckily, I accepted another offer by then.

Chat Agent Interview

Interview

several questions about your skills and about the job it self. It was not hard but a bit intimidating as there were several people in the room and I was the only one being interviewed.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, MA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Lancaster, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Again, a set of HR people who are only interested to know how much $ one is making. They don't seem to care about anything else. I bet they don't have good and talented individuals on staff, which can explain why they cheated on the Emission tests and are now paying a big fine.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America.

Interview

It is a pretty long process that starts back in October where they open the application window for about two weeks. They receive hundreds of applications throughout that window. If passing the initial screening, applicants are invited to a video interview where the applicant has to answer 7 questions and has 1min to answer each question, yet has unlimited tries of recording his/her answer. The next round consists of an in-person or skype interview with a recruiter that asks some HR questions, followed by some role specific questions. In addition, the applicant is required to successfully pass an excel and a power point assessment. For the next and final round the company invites the applicant to its corporate HQ in Herndon, VA for a two-day event. The first day consists a representation of the brand, a Q&A, and Case Study. The second day consists of the scheduled interviews with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the automotive industry leading? Name some of our cars! Tell me about a situation where you...   Answer Question