Volkswagen Group of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volkswagen Group of America Interview Questions

Interviews at Volkswagen Group of America

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in September 2018.

Interview

Very to the point, and straight forward. I enjoyed speaking with the one interviewing me. Towards the end of the interview, we were able to have a casual conversation to get to know each other. Very friendly!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about VW? or something like than   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Redmond, WA) in March 2020.

Interview

Hr over the phone
    Hacker rank --- > very easy
    Technical manager --easy
    Technical -- Easier than hacker rank

I am not sure how even after getting the right answer they said the technical interview was bad.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in January 2020.

Interview

First, there is a one-way video screen with behavioral questions. Then, there is a video interview with someone from HR. Then, if the HR people like you, your application gets submitted to hiring managers to review. Then, if selected, you'll make it to the final interview round at the HQ in Herndon. The final interview is two days long, one day with lunch/company overview/group case study activity/cocktail reception with hiring managers. The next day is dedicated to panel interviews.

The big con of this process is the time it takes - but it's understandable since they have thousands of applications. The process is really great considering - HR does an amazing job of keeping you updated, hitting timeline dates early, and answering questions.

The group case study was very short - 45 minutes to analyze data and create a PP presentation on one computer in a group of 6-8 people. Then, you present in front of the group and hiring managers for 5 minutes. All around a pretty easy, but hectic, and you have to show your teamwork and presentation skills in a short amount of time.

The panel interview was very relaxed - maybe it was because I met the people interviewing me the night before at the cocktail reception. The interviewers were great, kept things light, but also threw in some difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ethical dilemma that you've faced and how you've handled it?   Answer Question
    • Can you talk about a cause that is important to you?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time where your patience was tested?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Belmont, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

A third-party recruiter (CyberCoders) reached out. I had the first phone interview in October. The whole interview scheduling and communication was very unprofessional and insulting both with VW and CyberCoders. They did not get back to me and made me wait until late December which they finally schedule the onsite. My onsite interview went well. VW recruiter called me and said the team loved you, we are going to send you the offer in early Jan (she also mentioned she can push people to send the offer it in Dec if I am in a hurry).
    In the first week of Jan, they told me there is some paperwork that they need to complete before they send the offer. In mid-Jan, I emailed them and asked about the situation and if they can expedite the process. I was surprised to hear the same recruiter said we never told you we are going to give you an offer, we are still interviewing!!!!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Interview

Interview Questions

• Design questions, and why are you interested in this role.   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America in November 2019.

Interview

The first round of digital interview was not too difficult. Just answer a few questions. At first, they asked you to introduce yourself and which position in the program that you are interested in. But I did not receive a second-round interview chance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself. How did you go about ensuring that you would meet your objective?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone and then in-person, was told the HR will follow up with visa requirements during the interview. Got an email saying thanks for applying after 2 days. Overall good experience, but no offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know German, Ethics based, project experience based.   Answer Question

Environmental Compliance Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Herndon, VA) in July 2019.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one on-site interview. Hiring manager was 20 minutes late to the interview and did not review my information prior to the meeting. He said he was late because he could not print it.

Interview Questions

• If I was a certified auditor as that was what the were looking for. The requirement was not in the job posting or brought up in the previous phone interviews.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Auburn Hills, MI) in May 2019.

Interview

Don't interview here. The hiring manager wanted me to complete a 3-day homework assignment for the second round interview. Complete and total disaster they barely know what they're doing over there. But here is some context on their "homework" assignment - the first exercise was to redesign the roundabout in Swindon England. The second exercise was to redesign a locked door from the inside. The third exercise was to create a Yelp feature for their mobile application! I did all 3 of these exercises and still got rejected. Oh wait, I got rejected 3 weeks later after being ghosted. Its amazing how picky this company is - they want ethical candidates but they weren't ethical in their emissions scandal. Don't waste your time interviewing here. No wonder the company looks so dreary and depressed inside at their HQ.

Interview Questions

• Create a business plan for a yelp feature, also develop a mockup of your idea using using Invision.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenoir City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen Group of America (Lenoir City, TN) in May 2019.

Interview

Was asked to come to their PDC facility with a 2 on 1 interview. Very relaxed type interview mainly speaking about past work experiences. Toured the facility and met most of the employees.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which something did not go as planned, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

2019 Graduate Program Interview

Interview

I only went through 2 interviews. The first two were both video interviews. The first was a "record your answer" type of interview with mostly behavioral and getting to know you questions and the second one was with a human who asked more technical and behavioral questions.