Volkswagen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.7

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was offered a position as a receptionist. However, one week later W---- called me and asked me specific questions about a DUI I had gotten as a teenager (I am now 25). Another week went by and I attempted to contact W---- and was ignored. Another week later I was mailed documents about the companies right to take back the job offer and another week after, they sent letter of Adverse Action. If my mistakes as a teenager was knowingly going to be a problem then I don't understand why I couldn't be granted the respect and professionalism of letting me know that during our initial phone conversation. I had turned down 2 job offers for this position. Since my DUI I have held 3 managerial positions for 3 multimillion dollar companies. I have more than proven that I have changed from the teen who lived in her car, to the 25 yr old married military spouse trying to support a family. I'm not making excuses for something I brought on myself, but I at least deserved professionalism and not to be avoided for a month, then given a letter in the mail. When being offered the job, the management team prided themselves on transparency. That was clearly a lie. You had two opportunities to be transparent with me and ran away from both.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

Interview process was quick, efficient and to the point. My interviewer was very polite and knowledgeable. We had the interview in one of the offices in the showroom. I am very passionate about VW and feel that my enthusiasm is what got me the job. So far, it's been a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Interview

I spoke with a very understanding recruiter who sent my resume directly to the most relevant team at the Wolfsburg headquarters. The interview was about an hour long and half technical, half personality match/ more ethics-geared questions. It was a pleasant and unintimidating experience. Be prepared not to have your electronics on you when you come to the factory or get your cameras taped over.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

four interviews, phone interviews with hiring company(general questions) and company HR (more specific questions about the system the company use ) and senior manager( this took about an hour and half) , one interview with department manager ( not hard one)

Car Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Dothan, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was unexpected. I walked in asking if they were hiring and they just joked around with me a bit. Talked about how much money they made, bragged about all the niceties they own, and how successful they have been in the business, showed me their pay stubs, Said I was an attractive woman and offered me a job pending i pass a drug screening.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

The first round was an Aptitude Test. This Aptitude Test included maths and technical questions.
    There was a time limit and sectional cutoff for both the sections. No negative marking scheme, but accuracy is necessary in this round.
    The next round was an interview. This included HR and technical questions as well.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

My phone interview consisted of a 15min phone call with the Purchasing Manger. It seemed like he just wanted to confirm I spoke English and Japanese with no real in-depth questions on past work history or experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak Japanese? Why are you interested in VW? What do you know about VW?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process, intern salaries are fixed. I "negotiated" my start and end dates. Which, I then adjusted after working at VGJ.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen in September 2015.

Interview

1 interview, followed by drug testing and overview.
    Very friendly staff and eager to help. Closely working team with upbeat personalities. Members seems to always be avaliable when called or emailing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything laid on the table, no negotiations needed.

Volkswagen Interview

Interview

Walk in the park. Nothing else to add. Easy. Hire people for position with no experience and degree far from business. A lot of people let go from major automobile companies for unsatisfactory reviews end up getting hired at Volkswagen. It doesn't matter if you have a degree in biology, chemistry, or else, you will end up in business

Undergraduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Milton Keynes, England (UK)).

Interview

Online CV & cover letter, followed by a 20 telephone interview and then a day long assessment centre. The usual competencies were asked in interviews. The process was well organised and they kept me well informed. The HR staff and assessors were very nice and put all the candidates at ease.