Volkswagen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.7

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Belmont, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

My interview with Anna Paderna (SR HR Consultant) wasn't the best interview. It was a phone screen with typical interview questions "Why are you interested in working here and tell me your thought of candidate experience, etc." So during the call, I was hoping she would bring up about company culture and what it is like working there but the entire phone call Anna was distracted by her colleagues. She was busy laughing and I could hear her colleagues in the background. I was really disappointed after our call. Before we ended our call, I've inquired what to expect as next steps and unfortunately Anna didn't have proper next steps. Anna mention that she needed to connect with her VP of HR and will then circle back. I haven't heard from her since.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your every day schedule looks like in your current role? Define candidate experience.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The aftersales manager interviewed me. It was not a really official interview, i could not even see him clearly..the interview was in Mandarin. It seemed like he did not expect from me anyways...

Customer Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

basic HR hiring questions and the managers who conducted interview were very receptive to questions from the applicant. I would recommend being honest with them and letting your personality come through. A lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with criticism?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was offered a position as a receptionist. However, one week later W---- called me and asked me specific questions about a DUI I had gotten as a teenager (I am now 25). Another week went by and I attempted to contact W---- and was ignored. Another week later I was mailed documents about the companies right to take back the job offer and another week after, they sent letter of Adverse Action. If my mistakes as a teenager was knowingly going to be a problem then I don't understand why I couldn't be granted the respect and professionalism of letting me know that during our initial phone conversation. I had turned down 2 job offers for this position. Since my DUI I have held 3 managerial positions for 3 multimillion dollar companies. I have more than proven that I have changed from the teen who lived in her car, to the 25 yr old married military spouse trying to support a family. I'm not making excuses for something I brought on myself, but I at least deserved professionalism and not to be avoided for a month, then given a letter in the mail. When being offered the job, the management team prided themselves on transparency. That was clearly a lie. You had two opportunities to be transparent with me and ran away from both.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

Interview process was quick, efficient and to the point. My interviewer was very polite and knowledgeable. We had the interview in one of the offices in the showroom. I am very passionate about VW and feel that my enthusiasm is what got me the job. So far, it's been a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Interview

I spoke with a very understanding recruiter who sent my resume directly to the most relevant team at the Wolfsburg headquarters. The interview was about an hour long and half technical, half personality match/ more ethics-geared questions. It was a pleasant and unintimidating experience. Be prepared not to have your electronics on you when you come to the factory or get your cameras taped over.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

four interviews, phone interviews with hiring company(general questions) and company HR (more specific questions about the system the company use ) and senior manager( this took about an hour and half) , one interview with department manager ( not hard one)

Car Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Dothan, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was unexpected. I walked in asking if they were hiring and they just joked around with me a bit. Talked about how much money they made, bragged about all the niceties they own, and how successful they have been in the business, showed me their pay stubs, Said I was an attractive woman and offered me a job pending i pass a drug screening.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

The first round was an Aptitude Test. This Aptitude Test included maths and technical questions.
    There was a time limit and sectional cutoff for both the sections. No negative marking scheme, but accuracy is necessary in this round.
    The next round was an interview. This included HR and technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your strengths?   1 Answer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

My phone interview consisted of a 15min phone call with the Purchasing Manger. It seemed like he just wanted to confirm I spoke English and Japanese with no real in-depth questions on past work history or experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak Japanese? Why are you interested in VW? What do you know about VW?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process, intern salaries are fixed. I "negotiated" my start and end dates. Which, I then adjusted after working at VGJ.