Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com, them a recruiter contacted me and said she wanted to discuss more information, then we set up an appointment. However, I don't get a call, and I tried to call her but failed.

Data Entry/Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

I received a VM from a recruiter who sounded so upbeat and interested in talking to me about a position. When I called back, he sounded monotone as if he was bored and didn't feel like speaking to me. He just rattled off a list of the job's details and asked me a couple of questions, but didn't ask me to come in to interview or offer to send me any skills assessment testing. He asked if I was interested in the position, I said yes, he said he would forward my resume and get back to me.

A week later he calls me and acts as if he'd never discussed the position with me and talked about it again. The position required certain advanced Excel skills that he didn't bother to mention were necessary to do the job, as I found out later on. He asked what my skill level is and I replied intermediate. He sent an assessment test that didn't include the Excel functions/skills the employer was looking for.

Long story short, I wasted my time having to do a face-to-face and a phone interview (in that order) with two people. It was obvious by the questions I was asked during both interviews regarding the necessary skills/experience needed to perform the job, I wasn't the right candidate. The recruiter mislead the employer about my Excel test assessment and mislead me about what the true job functions were. Also, communication is a joke when you're trying to reach them or when it comes to them providing you with information or following up on what they say they're going to do. AVOID!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level with Excel   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

Very laid back interview. I can tell it is an extremely friendly environment... Every employee that walked by me while I was waiting to go into my interview said hello.
    However, I could tell that neither me, nor the hiring manager were interested in me working there... Knowing the wages made me flat in the interview... who pays only $10/ hour...? I don't know how anyone could live a decent lifestyle and pay their bills at $10/ hour. It is especially hard to believe since the company undoubtably is making a lot of money off each placement.... rather exploitative if you ask me...
    To me, I got the impression that Volt makes a lot of money off their employees placements and gives them peanuts for the work. Yes, it seems like a collaborative, friendly environment but I have NO idea how those people survive off what they make there. I asked what the trajectory is for growth and he basically told me there wasn't much room for growth and I wouldn't even be eligible for a raise for a year... so that made my decision pretty easy that I was not even slightly interested at working at Volt.
    A second person interviewed me but he seemed super uninterested from the beginning... he admitted he had never seen my resume before and he wasn't even supposed to have been working that day... Both hiring managers didn't really ask me any questions but instead just talked about the company while I sat there with my eyes glazing over.
    I would only recommend looking into volt if you are a college student looking for part time work.... if you work here as a student you will be a step ahead of everyone else. But if you are a college graduate, have a little more respect for yourself and don't work for less than $20,000 a year before taxes. You can make more money handing out stickers at walmart.....
    I ended up getting a job at a staffing firm making nearly double what I would be making at volt AND I get commission and had NO experience. Don't sell yourself short and go for something bigger than volt.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

I applied using Linkedin on the 15th of the month, they called me on 22h to schedule a screen phone call, then call was done on the 30th. It was a 15 to 20 mins call about my experience and my resume mainly. What would be my ideal job?

Interview Questions

Interview

First, you have to do a translation and typing test. Second, if you pass the translation test, you will have an actual interview and have another test while you are there. It is pretty fast but I don't know why I feel quite nervous while I was there.

Interview Questions

• Only ask couple easy questions but beaware of the test.   Answer Question

Data Entry Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Staffing agency that tries to find a job for you. Was contracted through email first before scheduling an interview. I then had to complete an online assessment of Microsoft Office and a typing test that took an hour or two to complete. Went down to the Volt building and had to fill out tons of paperwork before finally sitting down for a short 20 minuteinterview.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 weaknesses you have. It is tough having to name three different weaknesses while trying to avoid hurting your chances of a follow-up interview.   Answer Question

Management Reporting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Westbury, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

There was one phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by live interviews with the hiring manager and 2 members of the team. I came back a second day to meet with the head of the department, which was the toughest of all the interviews. Ultimately the position did not prove to be a good fit for my background.

Senior Director of Employee Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was made by HR Representative via a phone call to schedule an interview. Interview was scheduled within 5-6 hours from initial phone. Arrived to scheduled interview 15 minutes early, was greeted by a receptionist who mispronounced my name. I met with the VP of HR minutes after I arrived, taken to her office, she conducted the interview with the door to her office opened while employees sat outside in cubicles.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question the VP of HR asked me was: " How are employees added or taken off the plans? I did not understand the question. What she was really was trying to find out was when do new hires enter the plan and when are they termed off the plan.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I'm a registered job candidate for an indefinite time now, yet I do not not find Volt Jobs resourceful nor effective to battle this ailing economy. How does one go about when there is nothing to offer?? I have never been invited into their physical office, amid their numerous physical global office locations, or been contacted directly by a recruiter. Their job database productive flow is without technical error unlike the standard Taleo or Kenexa recruiting employment platform. However, I encompass a lot of technical positions in my employment search travels.

Interview Questions

• Have you submitted your resume online? Just go online and do so then a recruiter will contact you.   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I just started the interview process with phone interview. I will update next week with more info