Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.4

Data Entry/Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

I received a VM from a recruiter who sounded so upbeat and interested in talking to me about a position. When I called back, he sounded monotone as if he was bored and didn't feel like speaking to me. He just rattled off a list of the job's details and asked me a couple of questions, but didn't ask me to come in to interview or offer to send me any skills assessment testing. He asked if I was interested in the position, I said yes, he said he would forward my resume and get back to me.

A week later he calls me and acts as if he'd never discussed the position with me and talked about it again. The position required certain advanced Excel skills that he didn't bother to mention were necessary to do the job, as I found out later on. He asked what my skill level is and I replied intermediate. He sent an assessment test that didn't include the Excel functions/skills the employer was looking for.

Long story short, I wasted my time having to do a face-to-face and a phone interview (in that order) with two people. It was obvious by the questions I was asked during both interviews regarding the necessary skills/experience needed to perform the job, I wasn't the right candidate. The recruiter mislead the employer about my Excel test assessment and mislead me about what the true job functions were. Also, communication is a joke when you're trying to reach them or when it comes to them providing you with information or following up on what they say they're going to do. AVOID!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level with Excel   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

There was a very short telephone interview. Following the telephone interview a face to face interview was scheduled with 2 employees of the company. It was a very informal interview with not a lot of questions regarding the actual on-site position. It consisted of very generic interview questions that could be answered easily if you have any sort of background in interviewing. Follow-up was very quick and they were great about staying in touch each step of the way.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was about conflict in the workplace. What your strengths and weaknesses were, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter to review resume and assess skills. Second interview with clients may include a phone screen prior to an in person on site meeting with one or more members of project teams. Once accepted/request ed by client, a drug test and background check must be performed for each contract you win.

Interview Questions

• What is your working style? How do you start a new project?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was easy, talked to recruiter and talked to the VP. I did not hear back from the hiring manager but their recruiter asked me to fill out papers, called my references and said everything was a go. A week went by and she called me. She had been laid off after 18 years of service with zero advance notice and the VP that I interviewed with was let go to, he got one month advanced notice. Stay away from this company, they brought in a hatched man and paid him millions to lay off a large part of the population.

Interview Questions

• Do you recognize the output of this graph?   1 Answer

Cable Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the overall project manager and we discussed my experience as well as the pay expected. Also discussed were the "perks" that never seemed to come about. I was hired over-the-phone without a face-to-face. Which is not surprising as the job was to have been nationwide.

Interview Questions

• How long had I been in the cable industry as an installer.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

Very laid back interview. I can tell it is an extremely friendly environment... Every employee that walked by me while I was waiting to go into my interview said hello.
    However, I could tell that neither me, nor the hiring manager were interested in me working there... Knowing the wages made me flat in the interview... who pays only $10/ hour...? I don't know how anyone could live a decent lifestyle and pay their bills at $10/ hour. It is especially hard to believe since the company undoubtably is making a lot of money off each placement.... rather exploitative if you ask me...
    To me, I got the impression that Volt makes a lot of money off their employees placements and gives them peanuts for the work. Yes, it seems like a collaborative, friendly environment but I have NO idea how those people survive off what they make there. I asked what the trajectory is for growth and he basically told me there wasn't much room for growth and I wouldn't even be eligible for a raise for a year... so that made my decision pretty easy that I was not even slightly interested at working at Volt.
    A second person interviewed me but he seemed super uninterested from the beginning... he admitted he had never seen my resume before and he wasn't even supposed to have been working that day... Both hiring managers didn't really ask me any questions but instead just talked about the company while I sat there with my eyes glazing over.
    I would only recommend looking into volt if you are a college student looking for part time work.... if you work here as a student you will be a step ahead of everyone else. But if you are a college graduate, have a little more respect for yourself and don't work for less than $20,000 a year before taxes. You can make more money handing out stickers at walmart.....
    I ended up getting a job at a staffing firm making nearly double what I would be making at volt AND I get commission and had NO experience. Don't sell yourself short and go for something bigger than volt.

Web Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Bothell, WA).

Interview

I met with standard phone interview, met recruiter first, then parent company supervisor. Basic questions, did I know MS Office, typing speed, Excel skill level, then computer testing, then interview on site, including terms to search and my results.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a list of terms to search for using various web browsers. They also tested skill levels in Word, Outlook and Excel.   1 Answer

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Elk Grove, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, process took 30 minutes. Spoke directly with facility manager. The manager asked several questions and made the offer at the end of the phone interview. The company offered 2 weeks before enrollment for preparation, moving, etc. No travel expenses subsidies.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself.
      Q: What did you studied in colleague?
      Q: How well do you know about Industrial Engineering and it's applications in electronics manufacturing facilities?
      Q: What's your expected salary?
      Answer Question

Contingent Technical Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

It was fairly relaxed in business casual attire. The questions were standard. They also try to get a sense of your professional background to place you in a recruitment team that would be the most beneficial, that you'd have the most experience and information with.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now.   1 Answer

Overnight Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (El Segundo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by the company in which the assignment would be at by the staff. It was brief and you had to wait with 10 other job seekers. You first had a phone interview by Volt recruiter then if they gave the okay they contacted the company you would work for to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. after that the company i had worked for had a 3 day training period and test. if you passed the training test at end you were hired if not Volt would help you find another job.

Interview Questions

• What testing software experience do you have?   1 Answer