Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.3

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward - started with a phone screen and then an in-person interview, followed by two interviews with company in which they were placing me. I think that the only reason why I advanced was because I knew someone in the company where I was placed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

I applied using Linkedin on the 15th of the month, they called me on 22h to schedule a screen phone call, then call was done on the 30th. It was a 15 to 20 mins call about my experience and my resume mainly. What would be my ideal job?

Income Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

The interview as rather easy. the questions were typical questions...ie tell them about you and jobs/positions you have held. The recruiter asked initially if I was still in the market for a career opportunity. .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Company said the pay was non negotiable.

Manager, Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Simple, rushed, wanted a body to bring in business
    Inside Sales Manager Responsibilities:
    ◾Participate in the hiring, training and development of a productive sales team
    ◾Develop and implement individual training to increase production of team and implement successful processes
    ◾Develop and review Physician Consultant's daily/weekly recruiting plan
    ◾Meet with team weekly to review progress, strategies, goals and achievements
    ◾Assist with monitoring and analyzing work product to ensure appropriate standards are being met
    ◾Develop relationships with healthcare providers throughout the United States by sourcing Physicians utilizing tools such as; cold calling, database sources and internet research
    ◾Place Physicians into client sites by matching candidates' skill level, licenses, preferences, board status, credentials, professional certifications and designation's as applicable per state and federal regulations
    ◾Negotiate the assignments of Physician candidates for placement opportunities
    ◾Follow up with the candidates throughout the recruiting process including; offers, negotiations, relocation and contracting signing
    ◾Responsible for developing and maintaining a client database
    ◾Work within a defined sales quota focusing on initiating and maintaining relationships

Inside Sales Manager Requirements:
    ◾Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, Management or a related field preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered
    ◾3 years of supervisory/sales management experience supervising/managing a team of 3 or more people
    ◾Prior experience in recruiting/staffing industry is preferred
    ◾Ability to excel in a fast paced environment is required
    ◾Experience with high volume cold calling is preferred
    ◾Ability to be persuasive and influential in verbal and written communications
    ◾Ability to meet strict sales goals and deadlines and exceed in a competitive selling environment
    ◾Outstanding management, communication and organizational skills

Interview Questions

• Our client, located in South Florida, is looking for highly motivated candidates for Business Development Management positions to generate revenue from licensing their novel energy technology to commercial partners. Successful Business Developers will identify opportunities and develop relationships and licenses with potential business partners that may also become strategic investors.
      The Business Development staff will play a significant and influential role in the strategy and growth of their business sector and must be experienced with energy applications and markets, negotiations, and contract development and execution. The Business Development staff will assist in the success-based expansion including set up and operation of regional and international offices.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

simple, they were fair with compensation.

Apple Mandarin App Developer Support Interview

Interview

First, you have to do a translation and typing test. Second, if you pass the translation test, you will have an actual interview and have another test while you are there. It is pretty fast but I don't know why I feel quite nervous while I was there.

Interview Questions

• Only ask couple easy questions but beaware of the test.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process is extremely long and drawn out. In all, I had 5 different interviews. First, I had two phone screenings, then 3 face to face interviews.

Negotiation

It was a lenghty process, similair to the interview process. I was made a low offer and made a counter offer which took over a week to receive a response. When I finally did hear back they told me the offer hadn't chagned.

Receptionist Interview

Interview

Panel interview where there were people from the office that I would be working with all asking questions down the line. I felt like I was being interrogated. They also had me take a typing test. Lastly I had to go take a pee test at an offsite location.

Interview Questions

• If you had to get two equally important jobs done in 1 hour - which job would you do and why?   1 Answer

Data Entry Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Staffing agency that tries to find a job for you. Was contracted through email first before scheduling an interview. I then had to complete an online assessment of Microsoft Office and a typing test that took an hour or two to complete. Went down to the Volt building and had to fill out tons of paperwork before finally sitting down for a short 20 minuteinterview.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 weaknesses you have. It is tough having to name three different weaknesses while trying to avoid hurting your chances of a follow-up interview.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Minnetonka, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

For an interview, you need to pass 3 tests: math, reading and mechanical dexterity. You are the set up for an interview with a recruiter, and together you go through your resume. The recruiter then can set you up for another interview with the manager of the company and section you want to join.

Interview Questions

• Regarding the job I was applying for, I found myself fumbling what to say what my weaknesses are for the anticipated position   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview just consisted of casual conversation about back and customer interaction experience. IT was a very easy interview where they basically describe what they do and what makes a successful recruiter and sorcer. As long as you are good interacting with people and are comfortable with customer service type communication, the interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• What type of customer experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The scheduling is fairly flexible, and the only aspect that was negotiable.