Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

Warehouse Receiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Sacramento, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was a pain. It took 3 weeks after the orientation to bring me in for the first day on the job.They granted me the position but kept giving me the run around about when my actual start date would be. Very unprofessional staffing agency. They don't take complaints seriously. I had to urge them to finally give me a specific starting date before they actually called me in for "additional training." keep in mind it was a mindless job. HR was the worst, they did not handle any employees concerns with the least standard of conduct.

Interview Questions

• all very basic interview questions. pointless interview really.   Answer Question

Management Reporting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Westbury, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

There was one phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by live interviews with the hiring manager and 2 members of the team. I came back a second day to meet with the head of the department, which was the toughest of all the interviews. Ultimately the position did not prove to be a good fit for my background.

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview. I think they were checking to make sure we were breathing. As a lead generator or call center rep - they want to know that you understand what the day will look like i.e. you will sit at a desk all day to make your numbers. They want to know that you can follow a script and not sound like it. They want to know that you understand there will be quotas to meet.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with telephone outreach...   1 Answer

Localization Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

I saw the post online and applied online first. After few weeks, they called me for basic screening. Then, they called again to schedule the interview and sent confirming email. I had the interview with their client. If their client want to use you, they will give you the offer.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

Very long process with multiple people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took a long time

Interview

The interview was a lengthy process. Intital phone interview, followed by an in person with the recruiting manager, followed by an in person with the sales manager, followed by an in person with the director of delivery. They then contacted my references. Then I was brought in to shadow the team. I had a final in person with the hiring manager in which I was offered the position. it was probably 3-4 weeks from initial interview to offer. then another 2-3 weeks for everything to clear for a start date.

Marketing Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

1) Phone interview
    2) In person interview
    3) Drug screening

Negotiation

I told them what I needed and they said "OK".

Senior Director of Employee Benefits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was made by HR Representative via a phone call to schedule an interview. Interview was scheduled within 5-6 hours from initial phone. Arrived to scheduled interview 15 minutes early, was greeted by a receptionist who mispronounced my name. I met with the VP of HR minutes after I arrived, taken to her office, she conducted the interview with the door to her office opened while employees sat outside in cubicles.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question the VP of HR asked me was: " How are employees added or taken off the plans? I did not understand the question. What she was really was trying to find out was when do new hires enter the plan and when are they termed off the plan.   1 Answer

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 45 minute interview conducted by two people who were friendly, nice, and put me at ease by being friendly and conversational. They asked me if I were comfortable, and they gave me a glass of water. They informed me about the client and their needs. They asked me about my qualifications. Also they coached me how to answer certain questions and told me what rate they at which were submitting me to the client.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous employer?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I'm a registered job candidate for an indefinite time now, yet I do not not find Volt Jobs resourceful nor effective to battle this ailing economy. How does one go about when there is nothing to offer?? I have never been invited into their physical office, amid their numerous physical global office locations, or been contacted directly by a recruiter. Their job database productive flow is without technical error unlike the standard Taleo or Kenexa recruiting employment platform. However, I encompass a lot of technical positions in my employment search travels.

Interview Questions

• Have you submitted your resume online? Just go online and do so then a recruiter will contact you.   1 Answer