Volt Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.3

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I just started the interview process with phone interview. I will update next week with more info

Tier One Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (San Antonio, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

An email is sent to applicant. It asks if you can work the hours, asks what experience you have, and gives a list of words to look up for the test you will take before the 1 on 1 interview. You must type 35 wpm to go to the next stage of the process. Then you take a test which must be 90 or above. Then you have an interview.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Was simple, went in to interview, got asked basic questions, and pretty much got the job on the spot,

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Raleigh, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

This is a "workforce consulting" company, but their interview process was horrendous. Regional manager was very excited to set third interview, then disappeared from the face of the planet. No rejection email, phone call, letter, snail mail, skywriting or anything. At least have the courtesy to say you're no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• What companies would you target first?   1 Answer

Bench Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

Pleasant with false promises of advancement to direct hire. Nice modern facility with amenities. Pleasant surroundings and personnel. Convenient parking. Located close to home. Left feeling like I would receive a positive response.

Various Temporary Staffing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Denver, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and had a quick, no B.S. interview with a recruiter. I was offered 3 assignments within 2 days. We talked about my Skill set and whether or not Volt had clients in my commuter range that were looking for temps with my candidate profile, the positions usually had pre-determined experience requirements and it was a Go or No Go type of process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The terms and compensation were predetermined, if the assignment was within my range I often accepted.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (San Antonio, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied three days ago and have still yet to get anything more then a automated email saying they got my application. I have called and left 3 messages only because I know I AM perfect for this job, but still no call. Very unprofessional, they could at least call and tell me that I wasn't a good candidate instead of leaving me hanging.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Boise, ID) in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone September 28, asked to come in for interview on Oct 3rd.

Interview went very well I thought. Interviewed with the branch manager and the regional manager.

This next part was the most unprofessional, disrespectful and inconsiderate interview I've ever seen.
    After the interview I was told I'd hear about a second interview by the end of the week, Oct 7th, that came and went, that next Tuesday I emailed the manager Oct 11th and asked about the follow up, was told he was still doing interviews and would let me know by the end of the week. That came and went again, I happened to run into the Regional Manager at a concert that next Monday, Oct 17th, he asked if I can been asked to come back for a second interview, told him I had not heard back yet. He then told me that he would talk to the Branch Manager and contact me tomorrow. That didn't happen either. I called Friday Oct 21st, no call back. I called again Monday Oct 24th, I got an email back from the manager this time. He explained that he had tried to call and couldn't get through to my phone (all he needed to do was dial the area code), he asked me to call him back. I did.

We spoke for a few minutes, now I know that if you haven't heard back on an interview in 3 weeks, that's not a good thing. So I already know I didn't get the job, just upset that he didn't have consideration for my time.

The next part I felt was very disrespectful, while on the phone he explained to me why I didn't get the job and that he had filled both positions already. He also went on to explain how he really liked me and that if "I had one more position to fill, I'd hire you" I found that insulting, if I was really that close to getting the position, I'd assume I'd get a second interview, which I did not.

I don't feel this is a Volt issue, just an issue with the Manager in Boise. I found this to be the most negative experience in hiring to date. I've worked in the Staffing industry before and never seen this disregard for other's time.

Interview Questions

• If you are having issues filling a job and you've looked everywhere, what do you do next?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Sacramento, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is extremely slow for this type of position, I had to drive up to Sacramento to interview on three separate occasions due to one of the Directors "forgetting" we had an interview - not a great way to start. The interview process was extremely simple, basic questions and hypotheticals to determine if my attitude and personality would be a good fit to the office.

Interview Questions

• What out-of-the-box searching tools would you use to find individuals speaking native Japanese in Sacramento?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation - if you're not happy with the original offer they make you, do not expect to get any more; however, they will tell you that you'll "make more" once you get hired on full time, which wasn't true either.

Branch Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Woburn, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview process was brief. Basic questions regarding past experience and ability to support other offices and travel. They had recently lost their Branch Admin unexpectedly, so they were looking to fill the position immediately; their interview process reflected their desperation. The focus was more on how quickly I could start and how quickly I could be trained.

Interview Questions

• Ability to support other branches in the region and travel to support them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really much room for negotiation, I was clear up front what I expected and they did their best to meet it. They fell short, but I needed to secure a job before I moved, so I had to take it.