Volt Information Sciences Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volt Information Sciences Recruiter Interview Questions

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences.

Interview

Very laid back interview. I can tell it is an extremely friendly environment... Every employee that walked by me while I was waiting to go into my interview said hello.
However, I could tell that neither me, nor the hiring manager were interested in me working there... Knowing the wages made me flat in the interview... who pays only $10/ hour...? I don't know how anyone could live a decent lifestyle and pay their bills at $10/ hour. It is especially hard to believe since the company undoubtably is making a lot of money off each placement.... rather exploitative if you ask me...
To me, I got the impression that Volt makes a lot of money off their employees placements and gives them peanuts for the work. Yes, it seems like a collaborative, friendly environment but I have NO idea how those people survive off what they make there. I asked what the trajectory is for growth and he basically told me there wasn't much room for growth and I wouldn't even be eligible for a raise for a year... so that made my decision pretty easy that I was not even slightly interested at working at Volt.
A second person interviewed me but he seemed super uninterested from the beginning... he admitted he had never seen my resume before and he wasn't even supposed to have been working that day... Both hiring managers didn't really ask me any questions but instead just talked about the company while I sat there with my eyes glazing over.
I would only recommend looking into volt if you are a college student looking for part time work.... if you work here as a student you will be a step ahead of everyone else. But if you are a college graduate, have a little more respect for yourself and don't work for less than $20,000 a year before taxes. You can make more money handing out stickers at walmart.....
I ended up getting a job at a staffing firm making nearly double what I would be making at volt AND I get commission and had NO experience. Don't sell yourself short and go for something bigger than volt.

Other Interview Reviews for Volt Information Sciences

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences in May 2012.

Interview

Met with manager first. Was asked typical questions about my experience. Then met with recruiters and was asked more personality questions. Recruiters wanted to know how I would fit in with them, than my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered me what they said they could. didn't have room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Boise, ID) in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone September 28, asked to come in for interview on Oct 3rd.

Interview went very well I thought. Interviewed with the branch manager and the regional manager.

This next part was the most unprofessional, disrespectful and inconsiderate interview I've ever seen.
    After the interview I was told I'd hear about a second interview by the end of the week, Oct 7th, that came and went, that next Tuesday I emailed the manager Oct 11th and asked about the follow up, was told he was still doing interviews and would let me know by the end of the week. That came and went again, I happened to run into the Regional Manager at a concert that next Monday, Oct 17th, he asked if I can been asked to come back for a second interview, told him I had not heard back yet. He then told me that he would talk to the Branch Manager and contact me tomorrow. That didn't happen either. I called Friday Oct 21st, no call back. I called again Monday Oct 24th, I got an email back from the manager this time. He explained that he had tried to call and couldn't get through to my phone (all he needed to do was dial the area code), he asked me to call him back. I did.

We spoke for a few minutes, now I know that if you haven't heard back on an interview in 3 weeks, that's not a good thing. So I already know I didn't get the job, just upset that he didn't have consideration for my time.

The next part I felt was very disrespectful, while on the phone he explained to me why I didn't get the job and that he had filled both positions already. He also went on to explain how he really liked me and that if "I had one more position to fill, I'd hire you" I found that insulting, if I was really that close to getting the position, I'd assume I'd get a second interview, which I did not.

I don't feel this is a Volt issue, just an issue with the Manager in Boise. I found this to be the most negative experience in hiring to date. I've worked in the Staffing industry before and never seen this disregard for other's time.

Interview Questions

• If you are having issues filling a job and you've looked everywhere, what do you do next?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (Torrance, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

You first meet with the Delivery Manager (Recruiting Manager) who would be your direct supervisor. You then interview with the Director of Delivery at the Corporate Office. And then you speak to the Corporate Recruiter on how you think it went. Afterwards, you play the waiting game until they either give you an offer or they don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. They low-ball you. Don't accept their first offer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

My interview was brief. I met with three individuals for about 30 minutes each. Didn't receive feedback for 2 weeks, but ultimately got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Absolutely no negotiating on salary or benefits.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volt Information Sciences in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with the Delivery Manager contacting me in regards to my resume submission. Following this, the Delivery Manager setup a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were about my background and skills, and were pretty general. Following this, I was invited in for a one on one interview with the Delivery Manager. I felt the interview went well, and the Delivery Manager then asked me if I would be open to meeting one on one with the Business Development Manager (same day.)

Following this, I was invited back for a panel style interview with the Regional Business Development Director and Regional Delivery Director. This interview lasted about 45 minutes and contained a lot of questions on experience, skills, and situational questions. The next week I received an email stating that they had changed directions and were no longer in need of a recruiter. They stated that they were very impressed by me and that no one was hired instead of me. Not sure if this was true, but an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Name your three biggest strengths and three biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question