Volunteers of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Community Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volunteers of America (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with Corporate VOA. Very relaxed and community oriented. Simply spoke to their values and how I share the same ones. Also related past experience of personally using their resources and how that sets me apart and further indicates a good match.

Interview Questions

• Am I familiar with all their facilities and services in my community.   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volunteers of America (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

It was 6th time applying on line, and each time I got email response bu t with no interview invite. So the 7th time, I got a interview date in which i had revived a second interview . They asked a racists question, they asked if i could speak SPANISH! I was taken back by the question, and tell you the truth I think that was the reason I was invited to a second interview. But I don't speak Spanish....do people a color a favor don't assume that people who have dark hair and dark skin speak Spanish. This was a very racists interview.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volunteers of America (Maplewood, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was pretty painless and typical to my experiences at other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult patient and how you managed to get him/her to participate in therapy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but they did not change their offer.

Navigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volunteers of America (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy, To the point. Group setting. Polite! Offered water and or juice. filled out the application while I waited.
    I did wait for a very long time to be interviewed. and so that happen to be very long and not really expected.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volunteers of America.

Interview

Met with Regional and Store Manager after a brief phone interview. I was asked many questions regarding management style, how I would handle many different situations with customers and staff. Why I left previous employment and what my best and worst qualities were. Kind of the usual.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Volunteers of America (New York, NY).

Interview

the person that interviewed me was very nice and down to earth. she/he does not work there anymore.
    The interviewer was very nice. She asked about my personal experience working in that field because I was very young. Also she asked what I would bring new/different to the program. I should I be hired.

Interview Questions

• what is spirituality?
      Flexible working hours.
      how I get along working with others   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Volunteers of America (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

When hurting they don't explain all the work that lays ahead and how they vedio tape you know hay your good employer by still overload you with work. This is not the place to work in

Interview Questions

• How would you react with children that don't behave well   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volunteers of America (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

it was welcoming and they made you feel comfortable. everyone was kind and they were really flexible with timing. I was not worried and i was relaxed during the interview process.

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volunteers of America (North Hollywood, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I will drive. one interview. I applied on line with my transcripts,resume and cover letter after two month they call me for an interview. there will a interview panel.they will ask about head start program.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volunteers of America in November 2017.

Interview

phone screening then in-person interview. The interview was done by a grant writer, not someone affiliated with the program. I then insisted on a phone conversation with the program manager before accepting position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer