Volusion Competitive Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Volusion

1 Interview Review

Competitive Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview was about 15-20 minutes, and from there she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for the following week. The interview with the hiring manager was very short, maybe about 15 minutes, so I initially thought that it didn't go well. Questions generally revolved around my prior experience and what I was looking for, and was generally pretty straightforward. Their systems were down at that moment, so she didn't have my resume in front of her, so I felt that there was a bit of disconnect between us regarding my experience and current situation.

The recruiting manager then called me the next morning to set up an in-person interview, explaining that the call the day before had been short because she had scheduled the hiring manager for several interviews, both for her group and for other teams. I was scheduled for an in-person interview for the following week, though the details and exact confirmation took a couple days to sort out.

My on-site interview consisted of:
30 minute 2:1 interview with two Product Marketing Manager team members
30 minute 2:1 interview with another Product Marketing Team member and VP Corporate Development
30 minute 1:1 interview with the team Director whom I had spoken with on the phone

The interview delved deeply into my prior work experience, involving detailed questions regarding my research processes and methods. The team also asked questions about my knowledge of the e-commerce market and relevant competitors.

I feel that everything that was asked was very relevant to the position, and that each person was genuinely interested in what I had to say. Volusion was very welcoming as a whole; they even had written a welcome sign with my name on the dry-erase board on the interview room door and the recruiter took me on a tour of the building afterwards. I did however feel that it was a little difficult to ensure that each person received similar information about my skills, experience, and how I thought I would be a good fit, because the questioning style and types of questions asked in each interview covered different areas of my experience.

In the end, the team decided to go with a different candidate, possibly due to my lack of software/SaaS industry experience. However, the recruiter called me to tell me that, which I really appreciated, rather than sending a generic rejection email. Throughout the process, the recruiters were absolutely fantastic at keeping me updated and treating me with respect.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question designed to test my analytical abilities, and how I would go about assessing a potential threat from a distance.   Answer Question