Volusion Ecommerce Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volusion Ecommerce Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Volusion

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Online Application
I applied online directly from the site. The next day I received a follow-up email from a Volusion recruiter with a link to complete a 30-min questionnaire comprised of questions to discover your work ethics/personality and how you like to learn.

I received an email the next day from the recruiter letting me know that based on the results from my questionnaire, they would like to schedule a preliminary phone interview with me (scheduled for the beginning of the following week).

Preliminary Phone Interview
The phone interview with the recruiter lasted about 30-45 minutes, and the conversation was based around my resume to discover more about my previous experience. The recruiter then discussed the company background and details about the position that I had applied for. At the end of the call, we agreed on a date/time for me to come into the office for the in-person interview.

In-Person Interview (2:1 & 1:1)
The in-person interview took place a week from my initial phone interview, and I met with two of the hiring sales managers followed by a senior sales manager. The interviews lasted about an hour in total, where we discussed my past experience, my knowledge about the position, and questions I had for them/they had for me. I followed up with the recruiter after the interviews and a 2nd interview was scheduled for the following week.

2nd Interview (2:1 & 1:1)
The interview began with my recruiter and the Director of Sales. More details about the position were discussed and similar questions pertaining to my background sales experience were addressed. After my recruiter's portion of the interview was complete (ab 15 minutes), I chatted with the Director of Sales for another 30 minutes or so 1-on-1. He dove deeper into my knowledge of the company/role that I was interested in and had me apply my experience with my previous employer to the role they had available at Volusion. He engaged in a few short role-play scenarios to learn and analyze my sales style, and then he addressed any additional questions I had.

Final Interview (1:1 - Phone)
After corresponding back and forth via email, the final interview was scheduled for the following week as a phone call with the direct hiring manager for the position they were willing to offer to me. Since this position was with a different sales department than what I had originally applied for, the recruiter and hiring manager wanted to make sure that I understood the details of the position and still felt this would be a good fit.

Official Offer
I received the email confirmation regarding the official offer letter the same day following my phone call with the hiring manager. The offer was created with a start date for the following week upon passing their employment background check.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter suggested that I do some research on the company and the position prior to coming in for my in-person interviews. They do expect that you understand the overall function of the company as well as the position that you are applying for, and many of the questions would have been difficult to provide a convincing response had I not had an understanding of the company or the sales role of interest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer that was made to me reflected my ideal expectations financially, which were discussed during my interview process so no negotiations deemed necessary. They have done a very good job of creating an extensive interviewing process to ensure that at the end, if an offer is made, both the candidate and the employer have all of the information necessary to determine if it is truly a good fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Volusion

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

phone interview followed up by two in person interviews before receiving an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are based on previous track record of hitting sales goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Awful pointless questions.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite superhero? What, are we 12?   1 Answer

Amateur, untrained new mgt.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

the interview process took about 15 mintues. they asked me questions like if you walked into a room what theme song would you want everyone to hear? and if you were stranded on an island what kind of one type of unlimited food would you want to have with you.Honestly it was the easiest interview i've ever had

Interview Questions

• They told me that because I had experience from a very well known computer company here in Austin that based on their previous employees challenges that were faced going from such a large corporation to a smaller startup how would I overcome these challenges. WITHOUT informing me of what challenges those other employees faced......mind you both of the hiring manager performing the interview came from the SAME company in question.......Seriously the worst thought out question without an ability to even answer it without given the proper information. come on guys...do your research first.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating whatsoever. However when a competitor company opened up less than 3 miles away and many sales reps left Volusion came back and offered everyone on the sales floor a pay raise of 20k a year and for those of us like myself that were top performers got an additional pay raise. I can't speak for anyone else but I was given an additional 15k/year this will give you an idea how LOW the entry level base pay was. And when I started it was hourly plus commission. before I left they changed it to equivalent of hourly to salary plus commission however commission was much lower than when I started.

Ecommerce Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volusion.

Interview

I submitted my application with cover letter and resume, and was contacted several months later by a member of Human Resources to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was very polite and professional. The interview was about 20 minutes in length, but it obviously felt much shorter.

Interview Questions

• Very quantitative interview. There were a lot of questions regarding my sales quotas, my actual numbers, etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

3 interviews. 1st was phone. 2nd and 3rd were in-person. The in-person was fast paced initially for the consultant role. The last interview was a panel of three including the Sales Director, who is highly professional, and the managers in other departments. Interviewees are screened for promote-ability during the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to a job or career path for 3 years or more?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen; initially an HR recruiter contacted me within 2-3 days after I had submitted my application online. Maybe it was just me, but I definitely didn't feel enticed or welcomed by the conversation that I had with the recruiter. I decided not to pursue any further.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volusion (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Two separate interviews. One with 2 managers followed by another with 2 other managers.

Pretty typical interview, asked about past experience and why I wanted to move into the tech industry since I had no previous experience working within technology sales.

We went through a basic phone call roleplay and some scenario type questions.

Everyone was very professional and seemed to really care about Volusion.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to be the top performer and have a 98% attainment, or the 8th place performer with a 110% quota attainment?   Answer Question